• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [May 27-29] Combo Breaker 2016 (Chicago, IL)

The spirit of the FGC burns bright inside you.

I thought the spirit of the fgc was to not prereg at all, show up late, go 0 and 2, and then complain to the TO about the pools.

I thought the spirit of the fgc was to not prereg at all, show up late, go 0 and 2, and then complain to the TO about the pools.
That's the spirit of the deadass marvel player.

Reactions: dapurplesharpie

Thats the old spirit. The wayward spirt. The spirit of men who show up to parties hours after they've started and question why the rum is gone.

We're on that new level now where people register and I get to correctly stock the freezer by knowing in advance you're actually coming.

So is that strictly a metaphor or is there gonna be rum

Well, I mean, there are multiple bars on site.

I'll be there so it'll basically be like an alcoholic version of Willy Wonka.

I'm bring my floatie

Not drowning ayyy

My birthday was on the 19th, unfortunately

2 2 B O Y Z

Is SG for CB gonna be on PS4 this time around? (Big factor in me getting one early cause pad life)

It's gonna be my first tournament and I'm so fucking excited. :PUN:

If anyone wants to go halfs on a room, just let me know. I'm waiting on my next paycheck to register and I still need to save up for the hotel room. (I'm planning to check in Thursday night)

PS4 is the tournament standard for Skullgirls now. NEC was the last PS3 tournament.

Well this news is booty

Time to go wired PS4 pad hunting

It has to happen eventually.

@BrandX+ can you figure out whether or not you're funding sig's stuff for Combo Breaker again. If you don't do it then I would like to.

Oh like hold another gofundme for SIG to come to combo breaker? I can do another one if you guys want me to.

He needs a gofundme to go so either you do it or i need to.

It's fine I can do it. I did the last one, so I'll do the next one. Just give me some time to set it up and such.

Did you guys already talk to him about it? I wanna make sure it's okay with him to do another one.

Last edited:
It's fine I can do it. I did the last one, so I'll do the next one. Just give me some time to set it up and such.

Did you guys already talk to him about it? I wanna make sure it's okay with him to do another one.
Yeah he knows about it.

He needs a gofundme to go so either you do it or i need to.

Yeah he knows about it.
He's already at the top of the list for #SendTheWorldToComboBreaker. Please do not start another one when he's pretty much a lock for that one.

Oh that's right, I completely forgot. @Kai you were gonna make the gofundme for them weren't you?

Completely slipped my mind.

Oh that's right, I completely forgot. @Kai you were gonna make the gofundme for them weren't you?
Correct. Since you worked with him last time, I'd be wiring you the money we collect to take care of it this time, as well.

Correct. Since you worked with him last time, I'd be wiring you the money we collect to take care of it this time, as well.

Ah okay! I understand now. Thank you for clearing that up.