• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [May 27-29] Combo Breaker 2016 (Chicago, IL)

OK vacation time booked. Plane booked, hotel booked, registration paid.

OMW

If anyone is thinking of getting there Wednesday hit me up. I'm seriously considering getting there Wednesday then just chilling/practicing and helping to set up on Thursday. I'd just need to share a room with someone.

I'm arriving on wednesday.

Unrelated but would someone else coming on wednesday be able to swing by the airport to pick me up?
Isn't there a free shuttle from the airport to the venue and vice versa?

Hi I'm arriving on Wednesday which is the day before I'm actually able to get my room. Would anyone with a room on Wednesday be able to put me up for the first night? I'd really appreciate it!!

Hello! I've never really been to a tournament of this sort of scale (only small local stuff), and I was debating whether or not to try and make it to this since it seems to be pretty big for skullgirls.
I think you should go to Combo Breaker, Drills

Isn't there a free shuttle from the airport to the venue and vice versa?

Hi I'm arriving on Wednesday which is the day before I'm actually able to get my room. Would anyone with a room on Wednesday be able to put me up for the first night? I'd really appreciate it!!
There's a shuttle, but it's one set up through the Combo Breaker team. If you're looking to get to the venue from the airport on Wednesday, I think you'll have to arrange something else.

https://combobreaker.org/travel/ said:
Thursday May 26, 2016 (from O’Hare)
5:00 PM
8:00 PM
10:00 PM

Friday May 27 (from O’Hare)
8:00 AM
10:30 AM

Monday May 30 (from Pheasant Run Resort)
9:00 AM
11:00 AM

If I see any twitter photos of you playing melty on the shuttle I'm not letting you in the venue.
But if the bus leaves and comes back again they'll have to...

because all shuttles experience melting on re-entry

Last edited:
I guess no one has any plans for Monday besides going home?

Hello! I've never been to a tournament before, but I really am interested in Combo Breaker. When do hotel rooms fill up?

Hello! I've never been to a tournament before, but I really am interested in Combo Breaker. When do hotel rooms fill up?
Hotel rooms fill up when they fill up. The whole hotel is being rented out to Combo Breaker attendees, but idk what the capacity or how many rooms have already been booked. Usually a bunch of us just pool together for a room (usually 4, sometimes up to 6 or more if you don't mind the floor.) All in all I recommend going. CB was a blast last year.

Off-topic just letting everyone know the salty suite is still booked under my name and I'll be arriving early Friday morning (suite wasn't available Thursday, sorry, not much I could do about that) and I'll be leaving Monday. Not much of an update, because everything's pretty much all set. Still looking for a room for me to sleep in myself tho...*wink wink*

There's rooms still available when I last checked, I'm considering booking one myself within the next week (given if they're still available) Not really sure what anyone else's plans are, but I wouldn't be against sharing with anyone if they don't have a room already, or if anybody already has one and are looking for people for theirs, I'm up for that as well

Are there any train stations that are close to Pheasant Run Resort? (Preferably Union Station)
I wanna buy my Greyhound ticket tonight, but all their bus stops are at least 40 minutes away from Combo Breaker by car.

Are there any train stations that are close to Pheasant Run Resort? (Preferably Union Station)
I wanna buy my Greyhound ticket tonight, but all their bus stops are at least 40 minutes away from Combo Breaker by car.
Yeah, as you saw, Union's not even close to Pheasant Run. You could get a bus/train to the airport, though, where the CB shuttle can then take you to the resort.

Yeah, as you saw, Union's not even close to Pheasant Run. You could get a bus/train to the airport, though, where the CB shuttle can then take you to the resort.
The thing is, I'm planning to get there by Wednesday morning. Don't the shuttles only start running on Thursday? Is it too expensive just to pay a cab?

The thing is, I'm planning to get there by Wednesday morning. Don't the shuttles only start running on Thursday? Is it too expensive just to pay a cab?
It probably wouldn't be that expensive, but it'll definitely be more than public transit. Maybe you can find a lfyt or uber out there, if you're lucky.

Why are people trying to come in early on wednesday? This is a genuine question. You guys know there won't really be anything going on until at least late Thursday afternoon right?

I have 2 reasons:
1: Most of RK is coming Wednesday
2: I want to get in as much casual matches in as possible with the people who will be there while adjusting the time my body needs to sleep properly by tourney day

If I'm traveling across the country, I wanna get my money's worth and explore the town a little before getting down to business, homie

there's actually some good restaurants but the nightlife is more like a place to take a date than a place to go out to nuts til 4am

so who wants to go on a date with me

Reactions: fenster
Just chiming in to say that me and @Grodie are getting there on Wednesday too, to get an extra day of playing casuals and eating hot dogs and getting used to the time difference.

yeah shuttles start thursday at 5 pm, and the uber will cost around 40-50 bucks https://www.uber.com/fare-estimate/

thats why i wanted to know if someone was arriving in thursday so we could share a cab, $50 for a cab is too much for me, i arrive around 12 pm...worst case i do am going to wait till 5 in order to use the shuttle.

If you're looking for some wacky adventures exploring St. Charles, IL, I got some bad news for you.

not with that attitude!

BlC_uAlCEAAIl1B.jpg

*show up in Combo Breaker*
*Borrow a Hitbox*
*Lose the battle*
*Buy Popcorn and eat it while watching people fighting*