• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [May 27-29] Combo Breaker 2016 (Chicago, IL)

So registration for Combobreaker vents are closed right? So if I wanted to register for another game, I can no longer do so?

We need a replacement for @Dolfinh's commentary slots. Based on the list we gathered last time, @Datagram is the likely stand-in, but if anyone else would like to be put their name in, please say so now.

Reactions: Mr Peck
Doesn't need a reason. Hope all is well Dolf.
I guess I phrased it wrong. More meant "Are you not coming out altogether, or just aren't up to it for reasons?" I'd like to see all my friends there, I'm just wondering if there's one less I can look forward to seeing this year.

I guess it's not my business, though. So, I guess I'll find out if I get to see him this year in a few weeks.

Reactions: Kai and Dhoppler
If I'm sober after 8pm on Thursday, it'll be because there was traffic and I got to the resort later than expected.

Reactions: ninja-nutria
If I'm sober is because I have a weak stomach and didn't think be drunk was worth the trouble.

That and I'm riding with Alex

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Haven't really figured it out yet.
Alright. I was gonna root for you in tournament, so I guess if you can't make it I'll be rooting for you in life. Hope you come out on the best end of whatever situation you find yourself in.

Alright. I was gonna root for you in tournament, so I guess if you can't make it I'll be rooting for you in life. Hope you come out on the best end of whatever situation you find yourself in.
This is really nice to hear. Thank you. I'm going to do my best to push through it.

If I'm sober is because I have a weak stomach and didn't think be drunk was worth the trouble.

That and I'm riding with Alex

That reminds me, I gotta get our roadtrip Spotify playlist together.

Oh fuck. Why don't you leave that to the rest of us?

As the driver, it's gonna be the Marvel 2 character select theme for the entire trip.

Also, just in case the local brewery doesn't have their summer IPA bottle in time, I picked up an islay to bring along instead.

Jesus I didn't even realize the venue, the hotel and the airport were like so extremely far away from each other

The venue and the resort are a 1 minute walk apart. Are you staying at an off site hotel?

We have a limited schedule shuttle available for the event to help with the airport to venue distance. Details at combobreaker.org/travel

We need a replacement for @Dolfinh's commentary slots. Based on the list we gathered last time, @Datagram is the likely stand-in, but if anyone else would like to be put their name in, please say so now.
Put my name in

Reactions: Pickles
Put my name in

i second this, PME had good commentary at SJ last year

Reactions: Kai
The venue and the resort are a 1 minute walk apart. Are you staying at an off site hotel?

We have a limited schedule shuttle available for the event to help with the airport to venue distance. Details at combobreaker.org/travel

Oh are they? For some reason google maps made the venue and the hotel an hour away from each other LOL

Not sure if there was some discussion about this that I missed, but I was supposed to be the alternate for that pool right? So we'll need a replacement anyway.
And would this also include me taking his slot for SNS? Either way, I'm down.

Not sure if there was some discussion about this that I missed, but I was supposed to be the alternate for that pool right? So we'll need a replacement anyway.
And would this also include me taking his slot for SNS? Either way, I'm down.
Whether you move up and we fill the replacement slot, or the replacement moves right in and we keep you on standby, isn't something I've even considered. Right now, I want to make sure no slot or their alternates are unfilled, meaning we still need to add somebody as a replacement no matter what. Once that's done, we'll go from there. My initial thoughts right this second are that yes, I'd want you as a primary in at least one block, since you were a good enough sport to be backup. What's the point of having somebody on standby if they don't move up when it's needed, right?

edit: I'm trying to make it so alternates during pools actually switch in halfway through the block, so if you're on pools, you get your shot no matter what, it's just a matter of who starts.

Last edited:
With the liquors we're bringing, you won't need to drink to get drunk

As the driver, it's gonna be the Marvel 2 character select theme for the entire trip.

You probably shouldn't suggest things you know our group of friends is crazy enough to actually do.

Jesus I didn't even realize the venue, the hotel and the airport were like so extremely far away from each other
There's technically an airport not even a mile from the venue, it actually shares a border with the golf course. I don't expect anyone to be dropping bills to travel in a private jet just so they can save an hour of commute time.

By the way people arriving on thursday at 12pm, we should set a meeting place for the ubber sharing.
count me in i arrive at 11

Reactions: ninja-nutria
You probably shouldn't suggest things you know our group of friends is crazy enough to actually do.

Jokes on you. I actually will take you for a ride.

Kill me

Kill me

So the #bajaboys playlist is acceptable then? Because your only two choices are that or Alex's idea

Sure

incoming 8 hours of Who Let the Dogs Out

We purged a lot of the playlist and there's a skip button.

My time off didnt get approved. I really wanted this to be my first visit. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

I will pour one out for you.

jk I would never waste precious booze like that.