• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [May 27-29] Combo Breaker 2016 (Chicago, IL)

Says on the website registration closes May 9th, so you might be SOL
https://combobreaker.org/register
"On Site Registration ($80) is considered Emergency Registration and is only available Thursday May 26 from 8 PM to 10 PM and Friday May 27 from 9 AM to 10 AM. Emergency registrants are placed into open bracket byes and only ever added before a tournament’s first pool starts."

Reactions: dapurplesharpie
Yeah please bring it! Also that reminds me, since you're going I will remember to bring Flash Duel
i had to look up what flash duel is. interesting how its from the same universe from yomi with the same characters. i'm down to try it

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Looks like I'll finally be making it to Combo Breaker. Hopefully there will be room to enter to tournament via emergency registration.

Anyone arriving late Wednesday (in at 10 PM) or leaving early Monday (flight at 8:25 AM) interested in sharing an uber?
My flight heads out at 8AM Monday, sounds I like could bum a ride with you.

Reactions: Outlaw_Spike
Awesome. I'll talk to you guys there about the uber and we can figure it out then.

And yeah, my fear is being SOL (found out the day after registration closed that I could possibly go), but hey, we'll see! If not, it'll be great to just be there.

Says on the website registration closes May 9th, so you might be SOL

Yeah please bring it! Also that reminds me, since you're going I will remember to bring Flash Duel

see my jaina

Is anyone arriving at the airport on Wednesday around 7 or 8 pm? That's when I'm getting there so maybe we could share an uber. I also have an early morning Monday flight 5:45.

Is anyone arriving at the airport on Wednesday around 7 or 8 pm? That's when I'm getting there so maybe we could share an uber. I also have an early morning Monday flight 5:45.
I know @keninblack has his Monday flight around the same time, check in with him.

Reactions: keninblack
I'm leaving early as fuuuuuuuuck Monday. My flight is at 6:15AM so if you wanna share an uber at like... 3/4AM we can work it out, if you wanna leave later than no worries bb
My flight is 6 am monday too we should hook up.
Like get a car.

Reactions: keninblack
Argh, if I had the luggage space I'd bring Codex. Darn you TSA!

Actually, I might be able to fit my Red and Green binders, but no promises.

I'm assuming liquor runs are happening no matter what. I'm bringing scotch because I bought some and decided to bring it. The beer is from a local brewery that sincerely doubt we can find near the venue.

What kind of scotch you talking about, Johnny Walkman or, ya know, good stuff?
I'll probably pick up some Jameson and maybe, maybe, Glenmorangie. Oh and the shine.

Johnnie Walker has good scotch. try the blue label. What i'm bringing is an Ardbeg 10. Single malt islay.

Reactions: ninja-nutria
I think I'm your father. I like regular root beer better.

Blue is good, black is also alright. It's just that... red and green, well anything lower than blue (or black can't remember which is lower) isn't good by the Walker. Never heard of Ardbeg though, can't go too too wrong with a single malt though.

Hey guys just an update that we are currently at $175 for the salty suite after 1 week. Thank you to everyone so far who's donated, I greatly appreciate it. And if anyone wants to throw a few bucks in I'll throw out the link again since it's a new page.

https://www.gofundme.com/23ze8vwm

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
Not that anyone would really care...but unfortunately I have to announce that I will be unable to attend combo breaker this year. I had just been released from my job this afternoon and now I have no source of income to be able to pay my bills and to go on this trip. It hurts me really bad to announce this because I was hoping to be apart of the biggest Skullgirls and Killer Instinct tourney of the year. I was going to have a fantastic time.

But it seems life decided to be cruel to me.

I apologize deeply to my roommates for not being able to come. I apologize deeply to the SG community.

I apologize to all you guys. I am crying as I write this because I didn't want to miss the biggest and hypest tourney of the year and being able to see all your happy faces again.

Not that anyone would really care...but unfortunately I have to announce that I will be unable to attend combo breaker this year. I had just been released from my job this afternoon and now I have no source of income to be able to pay my bills and to go on this trip. It hurts me really bad to announce this because I was hoping to be apart of the biggest Skullgirls and Killer Instinct tourney of the year. I was going to have a fantastic time.

But it seems life decided to be cruel to me.

I apologize deeply to my roommates for not being able to come. I apologize deeply to the SG community.

I apologize to all you guys. I am crying as I write this because I didn't want to miss the biggest and hypest tourney of the year.
Best of luck to you.

I'm leaving early as fuuuuuuuuck Monday. My flight is at 6:15AM so if you wanna share an uber at like... 3/4AM we can work it out, if you wanna leave later than no worries bb

my flight is at like 6am too, roll with me and try your luck at making it back home safely/on time.

@Outlaw_Spike @BrandX+ @thehadou
If Brand really can't go and Outlaw can't make onsite reg, can he replace Brand in the bracket?
I vouch for this being an okay thing to do, if it helps.
If that's possible, he can go ahead. I would rather have someone take my place then having a wasted slot.

Reactions: TheOneGE
I'd like to request we get a bracket with Cloudking, Duckator, and Outlaw_Spike in it. I wanna see who's Val reigns supreme.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
I'd like to request we get a bracket with Cloudking, Duckator, and Outlaw_Spike in it. I wanna see who's Val reigns supreme.
bruh......

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I'd like to request that I just win the tournament. Everyone else can play but just give me the trophy.

I'd like to request that I just win the tournament. Everyone else can play but just give me the trophy.
Deal. On the condition I get the money.

bruh......
We discussed this last night. Admittedly, I was several beers in, but I distinctly remember you saying Outlaw_Spike had a better Val than you.

We discussed this last night. Admittedly, I was several beers in, but I distinctly remember you saying Outlaw_Spike had a better Val than you.
Well yeah, but you gotta back me up here.

Dude if Brand's spot is taken by Outlaw that pool is T U F F

but is it Tonka Tuff?

omw to buy a snorkel

Send your complaints to @keninblack about the pools as he advised on twitter. Good luck!

/sarcasm

Last edited:
Send your complaints to @keninblack about the pools as he advised on twitter. Good luck!

His goal is to make pools as stacked as possible. He succeeded. No complaints for him doing his job.