• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [May 27-29] Combo Breaker 2016 (Chicago, IL)

On the plus side you've got all kinds of experience vs squigly and big band
Nothing but big band experience.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Taluda, Diablos, PME, Dolfinh...Why'd I gotta get all these great Fortune players? Time to learn how to swim ;-;

I got @FuLLBLeeD in my SFV bracket PogChamp

Also tourney is stacked because the community talent has aged like fine wine.

Last edited:
Reactions: ninja-nutria
Thanks for the thought @BrandX+ (sorry to hear you can't make it, man) and @Mike_Z.

So what are the chances I'll be able to emergency register on-site, then?

Well it was worth a shot.

Also I have to thank the Combo breaker team and @thehadou for understanding my situation and giving me a full refund on my registration. I appreciate it guys.

Well it was worth a shot.

Also I have to thank the Combo breaker team and @thehadou for understanding my situation and giving me a full refund on my registration. I appreciate it guys.

how did you go about getting a refund? i'm not gonna be able to make it either but i assumed i was gonna have to eat the cost. i assume i have to have a special reason but i do have a reason i can't go anymore

how did you go about getting a refund? i'm not gonna be able to make it either but i assumed i was gonna have to eat the cost. i assume i have to have a special reason but i do have a reason i can't go anymore

I simply emailed them and told them my situation.

the email combobreakerevent@gmail.com

Reactions: Pickles
wait so instead of getting more players with on site registration, we will be getting less players that sadly cant make it?

i am confused

Nice. Gonna body @PME free because he'll be so tired from the bus ride there.
:P
You're not wrong

Also, things happened with my job, so I'm not sure about the pizza anymore

You're not wrong

Also, things happened with my job, so I'm not sure about the pizza anymore
Well, can you still get me juice?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hey, who is streaming Combo Breaker? I want to follow that channel.

Thanks! Followed Team Sp00ky's channel and I'm hype to watch the upcoming tounament for some Skullgirls action. And Steet Fighter V maybe?

You're dead in mystery @alexpi
See me in bomberman.

You better pray we don't have pong. I will wreck your shit in pong.

I'm getting to OHare at 7 AM on Thursday, and flight leaves at like 6 AM so I'm looking to leave around 3 or so. Looking for people to split ubers.

@keninblack @dekillsage Saw earlier in the thread you were splitting an uber Mon morning. Any more room?

Is there some way, other then a taxi, that I can get to The Mega Center from the Metra stop in Geneva, IL?
I don't have a smartphone and the 2 hour walk will not be pleasant with the high likelihood of rain.

My flight from Chicago leaves at like, 7PM but I'd like to be there at like, 1 or Noon because TSA is apparently hell

Reactions: Natezer
Is anyone getting in around 5pm on Thursday? And if so wanna split an uber or something?

Is there some way, other then a taxi, that I can get to The Mega Center from the Metra stop in Geneva, IL?
I don't have a smartphone and the 2 hour walk will not be pleasant with the high likelihood of rain.
What time and day do you show up? I might be able to help you out, but no promises.

If you're in a dire straight, I'd suggest looking at Pace's call & ride service, which is basically uber but doesn't require a smartphone. $1.75 for a 1-way trip, call them an hour in advance of your arrival at the metra so they show up and have other people serviced by the time you're in the queue.
http://www.pacebus.com/sub/schedules/call_n_ride.asp
http://www.pacebus.com/sub/schedules/call_n_ride.asp

St. Charles - Geneva Call-n-Ride

1-630-379- 2452
b.gif

Hours of Operation: Weekdays 5:30am - 7:00pm
Hours of Operation: Saturdays 8:00am - 6:30pm

The other bus routes don't really go into St Charles, they instead head north or west from the station. The boundary for the CnR service is actually at the edge of the Charlestown Mall, but if you go to the east-most boundary you should be able to see the Mega Center from that parking lot but best case scenario the driver cooperates and just drops you off there, but driving boundaries are driving boundaries. In that case, just say you want to go to the IHop, it's the closest to that street corner to minimize any walking distance.

This doesn't pick up from the airport does it?
Call-n-Ride is designed to be within a local region only. Like imagine the delivery range of a pizza place except instead of pizzas, it's people.

If you're coming into O'hare, I'm pretty sure there was a shuttle for that group, was I mistaken?
If you're coming from Midway, I dunno.
If you're landing in Dupage, just hop the fence it's right there goddamn.

Thank you. This is the kind of thing I was looking for.

What time and day do you show up?
I'm aiming for when CB begins at 12:00 Friday 27th. According to google, the closest 2 times the UP-W line stops at Geneva is 9:50 and 11:47. Which one I'll chose depends on how the bus scheduling works out.

Oh shit, I think Peanuts is having a stroke.

Reactions: PME
@Natezer @mcpeanuts @Broken Loose so we 4 are sharing the ubber? i think natezer and broken loose arrive at 11:00 if they dont mind waiting for me and mcpeanuts that arrive at 12:30-40.
..............oh fudge I forgot about this. I also told @SonicFox5000 I would share an Uber with him. How am I so bad at this

Uhhhh how many people can you fit in one Uber? I know sometimes the drivers have SUVs, maybe we can get one with 5 of us?