• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [May 27-29] Combo Breaker 2016 (Chicago, IL)

..............oh fudge I forgot about this. I also told @SonicFox5000 I would share an Uber with him. How am I so bad at this

Uhhhh how many people can you fit in one Uber? I know sometimes the drivers have SUVs, maybe we can get one with 5 of us?

there is a cheaper ubber for more people instead of suv, UberXL should be good.

https://www.uber.com/fare-estimate/

My flight home departs monday 21:05
Is anyone else returning that late that I could coordinate with a bit? I think being at the airport 2 hours before the flight is a good ballpark but I don't have any experience with American airports.

My flight home departs monday 21:05
Is anyone else returning that late that I could coordinate with a bit? I think being at the airport 2 hours before the flight is a good ballpark but I don't have any experience with American airports.
Airport security here has been a bit of a trainwreck lately- I would argue 3 hours would be more ideal.

Apparently O'Hare has been especially bad >.>

Last edited:
From what I've heard, "trainwreck" would be an upgrade for O'Hare. "Rain of locusts o'er the land" is a more accurate analogy.

Yeah, if anyone's not yet aware, Chicago (and O'Hare especially) is going through some weird stuff with their TSA staff, leading to very long waits at the airport. The airports themselves are recommending that all travelers show up 3 hours prior to their flight.

I expect that we'll be seeing a LOT of Sun/Mon tweets from people who missed their flights home do to a lack of planning, so don't end like them.

3 hours? Jeez. Well my flight is pretty late on Monday so I should be able to get there with plenty of time.

wait, my flight is on monday at 2pm so should i be there at 10 am?
Well, that's 4 hours early, but if that's when you can get there, it's better to have too much time, than too little.

Reactions: PME
I'm not seeing it. I'd rather he not be in my pool too.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Looks like Zid was moved again to F1, and/or I misread it the first time.

Aw, man :/

Damn.

Well, shit.
I mean which pool would you like to be in? They're all death pools. C1 is probably the easiest pool but it's still incredibly hard

Reactions: ninja-nutria
My flight arrives Thursday at 11:30PM because timezones and prices from LA suck.
Is...there...any recommendation for how to get to the venue? It's way too late for a shuttle and honestly Uber scares me, so I guess a taxi?

[edit]
Dang, eight 19-person pools. This game has a lot of people!

I just realized, with the TSA issues and lack of planning issues, a huge chunk of East Coast is gonna be stranded in Chicago. So, I'll plan ahead for EC. Who's got crash space for when they inevitably miss their flight/bus?

Reactions: Datagram
My flight arrives Thursday at 11:30PM because timezones and prices from LA suck.
Is...there...any recommendation for how to get to the venue? It's way too late for a shuttle and honestly Uber scares me, so I guess a taxi?

[edit]
Dang, eight 19-person pools. This game has a lot of people!

i am sharing uber with mcpeanuts, you can take my spot in the shuttle but shuttles start taking people to the venue at 5 pm.

I'm hype for my first tourney ever...I'll get rekt, but hopefully have fun in the process TTwTT

Reactions: MegaMix
I mean which pool would you like to be in? They're all death pools. C1 is probably the easiest pool but it's still incredibly hard
I feel you, but you gotta understand, render and renderling are both busy as hell with Indivisible, so I was hoping to catch them in a rusty state ;)

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I feel you, but you gotta understand, render and renderling are both busy as hell with Indivisible, so I was hoping to catch them in a rusty state ;)
Could be worse. All these pools look like demon souls, but I got stuck in dark souls 3.

I wouldn't even say that C1 is the easiest, just that it's harder to predict who will make it out because Duck/Shade/Hirokuni/Drewski/Caio are all very strong. Can never count out the Trickstar factor too of course.

Aight who else is practicing for CB by playing Overwatch?
mercy_disagrees.png

Reactions: erkicman and alexpi
Yeh I get there at like 9pm on Friday. Is anyone who's driving willing to pick me up from the airport? I will pay for your time and big dinner.

Reactions: Datagram
Could be worse. All these pools look like demon souls, but I got stuck in dark souls 3.

ornstein-smough-large.jpg

The Greyhound is sounding better and better by the minute...

Fuck Spirit, Frontier, and all of these other budget airlines. They suck. They've fucked up so many of my family's flights it is unbelievable. Just pay an extra $80 and use Delta or Southwest.

I'm surprised by the international turnout.

Now that we've got pools more or less finalized, what's the plan for commentary? Group 1 on Friday and group 2 on Saturday?
Yeah, that's the plan. FYI, this is the last one I made up, after we moved some things around. In the event of a player and their alt being unavailable, we'll just pick another person from the pool of commentators. Aside from the mid-pool switches indicated here, they don't want a lot of people moving around unnecessarily. That means that if you're commentating, and you have to leave because you have to go play some other game, that's fine, but the alt will stay on the mic until the block is done.

Aside from that, the only rule is to do a great job and give the best, most entertaining, and informative commentary you can.

com-2.png

Reactions: PME and gluemchen
Someone bring a laptop so everybody with late flights on Monday can do airport casuals
I'll have one.

just hopping in this thread because i don't have twitter to say mike why in the world did you fly spirit airlines
Because everything else was over $200 more expensive or left at 3AM. Also because I'm a dumbass apparently.

Yeah, that's the plan. FYI, this is the last one I made up
I'd believe your assessments a lot more if you hadn't given yourself top 16, top 8, and SNS.
I think there are better commentators available for some of those.
Whatever, I ain't startin' nothin', but I also thought these were up to Rick....?

Whatever, I ain't startin' nothin', but I also thought these were up to Rick....?

Final say is still mine and will be confirmed tomorrow. We're going to try a bit more musical chairs commentary with SG than I've done in the past. I think there are a lot of worthwhile people here that need mic time.

With that said, Kai's one of the guys who has put in a lot of support for SG at CB both last year and this year. I'm not against him having favorable slots.