• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Mighty No. 9

The next revealed goal is 3DS and PS Vita versions.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/611851

So which Call is your Call?

9G3JSHa.jpg

I'm leaning E or F.

Vote E because she has a better design.

Also because she kinda looks like a Panty And Stocking character.

So which Call is your Call?
B (for the Arale vibes) or E. Anything else is folly. :P

Side note, since I just got kinda invested in this when Girl Raijin Man and Mexican Daisuke Man were revealed, how many other "Mighties" do we know?
Nº 1 - Tiger Zippo Man
Nº 2 - Water Cooler Man
Nº 3 - Girl Raijin Man
Nº 4 - ??? (my money on it being Death themed, or at least something spectral)
Nº 5 - More Dakka! Man
Nº 6 - Kinda Helicopter Kinda Plane Man
Nº 7 - ???
Nº 8 - Mexican Daisuke Man

Reactions: Jutsei
I voted for G because she reminds me of Rosie from the Jetsons due to her house cleaning mode. Also, maids are awesome.

It was hands down F for me, but E is quickly replacing her. Leaning more towards E every millisecond.

A-D were easy throwaways for me, but the rest were tough.
Removed I and G cause they didn't fit the part that well...
Removed F because she looks a bit too much like Roll, and will probably get into the Top 3 anyway...
And then I finally decided on H. Don't hate me too much, E was pretty cool too.

Also OMFG PHYSICAL VERSIONS!!!!
No discs that work on console, unfortunately, but still physical versions is amazing. But now I'm having a terrible time deciding if I want a special USB stick, or a classic disc.....IDK MAN

The more I think about it, I feel like G probably catches their character notes the best.

• Call was not imbued with the human characteristics that make Beck unique, so she’s more of a pure robot -- as you might imagine, this contrast can lead to some interesting differences and misunderstandings whenever they interact.
G really has that cute but initially expressionless kind of quality you'd expect. Like the sort of character where you have to read into her personality because she's stony-faced. Alot of the others look very smiley and human already.

E sort of has that with the impassive expression on the left turning into a smiley one (later on?). But if I was picking based on the notes, I might pick G. But E is really becoming my favorite.

What to do...

If E gets into the top three, I will appropriately yell
"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Sorry, F.

Reactions: Shooon and Jutsei
And then I finally decided on H. Don't hate me too much, E was pretty cool too.
H kind of looks like Roll Caskett to me. No clue why.

Is it me or did they really not care about D? It looks like they had to have 9 designs and they just doodled another one up in like 10 seconds.

Edit: Not gonna lie, I thought the box with the $60 version came with a disk.
That NES cartridge USB stick is way too cool though. It better be reusable.

Last edited:
E was the best for this character imo. Looks the most like a design that was informed by the character.

Hmmm, I'm still trying to decide how to vote here. I'd probably vote A if it wasn't for those crazy pigtail mallets. The sketch of her without them actually looks pretty cool.

Right now I feel I'm leaning towards F, but I also like how the limbs for C & I appear similar to Beck's, with the mechanical tubing look. In general, I think it'd be nice if the two main characters shared more design features this time.

It's interesting that they tossed out some of the older sketches though. I wonder if they're holding on to the "pink-haired" design for something else now. Hopefully the Backpack Robot is still being considered somewhere.

Is it me or did they really not care about D?
Betcha that one was Inafune's. The guy always draws like he's in a hurry (and he probably is lol).

E & F are the best ones. I like E the most, but I'd be totally fine if F wound up taking it.

Also, not a fan of C, but they should totally keep the unicorn even if that design doesn't win.

I would be totally fine with C being recycled and modified to become a Robot Master Mighty No.
That unicorn motif could lead to a kick-ass stage.

Finally, all the stretch goals I care about are met. Intro Stage and Boss would be nice(and probably will be reached at this rate), but the rest are just extras.

Intro Stage & Boss has been funded. Next stop is the support character goal.

F-I are amazing to me, I love I's hair to be honest ^^

Alot of them are really cute, I think, which makes it a hard choice. ^^;

But some of them seem too focused on support to actually be a realistic fighter in co-op. Like, B for example, is cute as a button if you are just looking for a helper and that's all - but I can't really see her fighting alongside Beck, lol. Especially with the headgear.

E kinda reminds me of Nell in Advance Wars, so I am biased, lol. F is my second favorite, though, and I think G is the one who actually matches the Character Notes best. Some of them kinda miss the point she was supposed to be a research assistant robot first and is supposed to be able to fight in co-op too second.

Mega Man 2 Composer Takashi Tateishi is Officialy on Board For Mighty No. 9!

dqlnxTL.jpg

I am, officially, even more excited for the music in this game.​

Last edited:
I would just like to say that the megaman 9 composer (guy on the left) is trying too hard to be cool.
Look at those sunglasses. Look at them.

Edit: Holy crap, wasn't thinking about co-op when I cast my call vote.
Design C would probably be like 500x as fun as any of the others to play as. Magical unicorn powers.

The 'Support Character' has been funded. I'm curious as to what the final stretch goal is.

I was so torn between G and E...

Oh and MM2 music guy, you say?

From a bit ago....
*crosses fingers for next-gen stretch goals to hit in 8 days*

Supported and Signal boosted.

Just gotta believe!

SO CLOSE NOW!

I'M TOTALLY BELIEVING AS HARD AS I CAN, YO!

Unreal Engine, yuck.
I thought they would use Unity or create their own API. Unreal seems like a weird choice. It's kind of a pain to work with, and it's no longer the best graphical platform either.
Although I also kind of wish they had opted for really high quality 2d art than 3d, but whatever.

Also, might no. 4
9L72jqa.jpg

And test video:
Those animations look terrible. I hope they completely scrap those. Textures are pretty dull, but it's safe to assume that they'll remake those.

Man! I wish I had more $ to throw at this, that cartridge usb totally has my heart.

I'm looking forward for Call single-player mode and for Call F or H to win. I've been always super in-love with MM8's Roll's design and Call F reminds me of her.

Reactions: PureYeti
The concept art looks much better than the unreal engine. If they can combine both Xrd Style then that will be great

Hey guys, how's it-holy shit it's almost on system platforms...

Unreal 3 engine?
Oooooh boy.

That's a little disappointing to me for some reason... I thought they'd use the millions of dollars they're getting to make an engine of their own. The "Mighty 9th" Engine or something.

NEXT GEN CONSOLE STRETCH GOAL, HAS BEEN REACHED!

brb, going to run into the streets screaming in joy like a madman.