• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Modding Tool: SkullMod

It's a lot of work for no purpose to do someone elses music modding.

You're most likely on your own for that one :V

It's a lot of work for no purpose to do someone elses music modding.

You're most likely on your own for that one :V
Well thing i basically have everything set up for the music (to what stages n' stuff). so it basically easy for one today. i have always had bad lucky with modding stuff.

Well thing i basically have everything set up for the music (to what stages n' stuff). so it basically easy for one today. i have always had bad lucky with modding stuff.
You still have to send all the songs to someone and upload them.
They have to download them.
They have to convert all the songs to the correct format.
They have to unpack the music files.
They have to replace and rename all the files to the songs you want.
Then they have to repack the music files and then send you that.

Getting the song you want for each stage is the easy part :S

You still have to send all the songs to someone and upload them.
They have to download them.
They have to convert all the songs to the correct format.
They have to unpack the music files.
They have to replace and rename all the files to the songs you want.
Then they have to repack the music files and then send you that.

Getting the song you want for each stage is the easy part :S
I put them in to a folder and posted to soundcloud. i have 2 different formats. WAV and MP3 then i renamed them already.

Is there a way I can mod the announcer voices?

You would have to:
-)Find the right file (none of them are named, there are a few 100 I think), save the offset
-)Make another file that has the identical length and/or the identical size (+ produce a file that the game likes)
-)Replace it directly in the file with a hex editor

I don't really remember if the announcer voices were in a hashed gfs or not. So that might be a problem as well.

In short:
Theoretically yes, practially no

nope, announcers are in their own big files like most of the character voice stuff. Modding voice stuff is probably possible, but going through with it is pretty arduous cause nobody (to my knowledge) knows how. Mike or Vince would probably know how but I'm not sure if knowing how would make it much easier

maybe I'm wrong about the first part

So i guess at this point Character color Modification is impossible. (Illegal?)

yes.

also you would need the special dev tool to recolour the palettes to begin with. which isn't in the source code of the released game.

Reactions: FirstNameBasis
You can change the colour of the character select palettes pretty easily though.

yes.

also you would need the special dev tool to recolour the palettes to begin with. which isn't in the source code of the released game.

Thank you both for the response. i got select screen color modification working in a very small manner, but was disappointed when realizing it wont show up gameplay, then i came here and finished reading the entire forum.

I dont want to use time for just the character select screen so i may go back to trying to make 2D stages since its easier than 3D and i cant stream with the 3D setting on anyways. uwu

Was talking with owellgi in the chat. He realized that the color channels have actually been jiggled around a bit is all.

In Photoshop or what have you, you need copy the contents of each Channel in this order:
Green -> Blue
Red -> Green
Alpha 1 -> Red

(This means copy the contents of the Green Channel into the Blue Channel, etc.)

Hey ive been trying to work this out for a few days now in photoshop CS6 and so far the only things i thought of trying are using the color mixer (Didnt work) and fiddling with the Hue/Saturation. (Didnt work)

I see theres a channels tab next to the layers tab but right clicking does not give me the expected options and i cant really seem to find answers about it in my google searches.

All of this for 2D backgrounds because i expected them to be easier to edit than 3D, At my level of skill with 3D anything, So hopefully you or anybody else can help! c:

Edit:
Well. after more searching i found a page on adobe talking about Enabling Multichannels.
Screenshot (475).png

Then after doing it the picture went from a Neon Blue to normal Colors. ;w;
Screenshot (478).pngScreenshot (479).png

If anybody runs into the problem i guess this might help. if people are still doing this, Now i just have to figure out if changing the entire picture keeps the channel colors the same or if i have to do more "Magic". UwU

Last edited:
So I have been looking into replacing the sound of Eliza's grab because the sound makes me uncomfortable. i have the .wav files but I'm not sure if i can repack the .wav files back to eliza.snd-wav so I can repack characters-win.gfs i am getting a little lost and could use some help

the problem with editing sounds is that (as far as I know) there is currently no way to re-pack the .wav files into one .snd-wav. Because of that, editing any of the .snd-wav things is impossible. Even if there were something to pack them back up into the format, part of me thinks it still wouldn't be that easy.

The only solution which is a pretty bad one admittedly, is to just turn sound effects off in the options.

I wrote a long post, but who really cares. tl;dr you can probably do this if nothing has changed since when I last did it. You just replace the file in the file (so as a caveat, the new file has to be the same size or smaller). Maybe there's a few more steps, but that's the stuff no one cares about.

I can see if this is even still possible and make an xdelta patch or something if it is. Can you send or post the two wavs (the actual grab, plus the smaller sound you want instead)? In theory I can find the grab sound myself, but in practice I don't want to listen to all the wavs to find the right one.