• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Ms. Fortune's Encore Combos

yeah wasn't that removed? It is removed. but I only play beta so I dunno what's up with retail.

It's a tight link that only doesn't work on bigband (feels like a 2f link on double), but it's not too hard, I usually time it with purple bounce and get it pretty reliably on lights and mids online.

edit: mike never touched either rekka or s.lp, link works the same on beta

Reactions: Slyzor
on double and bigband you can do this instead:

c.lk, s.mk(1), s.hk(1), L fiber,
j.hp, adc, j.hk, H axe kick,
s.hp, L fiber,
j.lk, j.hp, M axe kick,
s.mp, M rekkax3,
otg s.lpx2, s.lk, s.mp, s.mk, s.hp, H rekkax3, super

8243 (8700 with c.lk, s.mk, s.hp starter)

edit: or this, with the double jump! :

c.lk, s.mk(1), s.hk(1), L fiber,
j.hp, adc, j.hk, H axe kick,
s.hp, L fiber,
dj, j.lk, j.hk, H axe kick,
s.mp, M rekkax3,
otg s.lpx2, s.lk, s.mp, s.mk, s.hp, H rekkax3, super

8333 (8779)

sorry for double posting

Last edited:
Reactions: Slyzor
Wasn't aware that was still doable in the corner (I only test midscreen things).

'cause in the corner I can do a really long H axekick loop thanks to this.

EDIT: then undizzy limited me to two hopefully I can optimize this.

EDIT 2: Okay here's something sort've optimized.

cLK cMK sHP xx L Fiber
jHP xx H Axekick
jLP jHP jHK xx H Axekick
jLK jHP jHK
sLP x2 sLK sMP sMK sHP xx H Rekka x3 236 PP

8331 corner only should be lights only actually now that I'm checking.

EDIT 3: doesn't work on peacock but it's only on the j lk hp hk chain I'm sure you could change that to something else though.

Last edited:
you can do:

cLK cMK sHP xx L Fiber
jHP xx H Axekick
jLP jHP jHK xx H Axekick
sMP sMK sHP xx H Rekka x3
otg sLP x2 sLK sMP sMK sHP xx H Rekka x3 236 PP

8551, works on all lights and it's pretty easy, but does only like 10 more than the bnb I've been using since the j.hp change:

c.lk, s.mk, s.hp xx L Fiber Upper,
j.hp, adc, j.hp xx M El Gato,
s.hp xx L Fiber Upper,
j.lk, j.hp xx M El Gato,
s.mp, M Cat Scratch x3,
OTG s.lp, s.lp, s.lk, s.mp, s.mk, s.hp xx H Cat Scratch x3 xx Cat Scratch Fever.

the last hit of rekka is the most damaging fortune has(H does 1.2k), putting it in combos will give you the best damage.

@moderator (does this work?)

@worldjem would you mind moving some of the posts from the old thread to this one and sticking it to the fortune forum? some cool finds were shown and I think here is better place for them to be.

c.lk, s.mk, s.hp, L fiber,
j.hp, H axekick,
s.hp(restand), L fiber,
j.lp, j.hp, H axekick,
s.mp, s.hp, H rekkax3,
s.lpx2, s.lk, s.mp, s.mk, s.hp, H rekkax3, super.

8762, which is the most I ever got on lights from c.lk

and for three H axekicks:

c.lk, s.mk, s.hp, L fiber,
j.hp, H axekick,
s.hp(restand), L fiber,
j.lp, j.hp, H axekick,
neutral jump, j.lk, j.hk, H axekick,
dash s.lpx2, s.lk, s.mp, s.mk, s.hp, H rekkax3, super.

@moderator (does this work?)

@worldjem would you mind moving some of the posts from the old thread to this one and sticking it to the fortune forum? some cool finds were shown and I think here is better place for them to be.

Could you be a bit more specific?

@Mr. X
@Midiman

From around here should be good, I think. I'd just like to have some of slyzor's and gllt's combos here and for this to the combo thread we use.

From around here should be good, I think. I'd just like to have some of slyzor's and gllt's combos here and for this to the combo thread we use.
I hope this is what you meant. Updated the OP of this thread too.

Last edited:
could caio get thread editing powers or something? because I fear that when there's a big change we won't be able to update the thread because you made it belong to gllt.

(the whole reason I made this thread was to be able to edit the op when changes happened.)

or I guess bugging you works too.

I hope this is what you meant. Updated the OP of this thread too.
I'd prefer if you didn't delete the posts in this thread... they were pretty good too

I imagined something more along the lines of putting the posts from the other thread after the last one here, having me or stuff as the op would be best.

I vote for caio though

Yeah, I don't really play Fortune so..!

I'd prefer if you didn't delete the posts in this thread... they were pretty good too

I imagined something more along the lines of putting the posts from the other thread after the last one here, having me or stuff as the op would be best.
I see what happened.

The posts I moved over were older than the OP so it became the new OP.

Nothing was deleted.

There's nothing I can do to make the older posts not the OP so I'm just going to leave them in the old thread and OP will have the quotes. Sorry.

Reactions: Stuff
Interestingly enough you can convert off Fortune's grab on Big Band to get a full combo. Really helps against that match-up since I always struggle against Bands. One mashed SSJ while headless and there's half your life. Just L Fiber after grab. @CaioLugon can you make a video to show it? I don't have a recording device so if I take a video it's going to look awful. Yes you don't waste the OTG btw.

He's also the only character you can do sweep L rekka as opposed to using L fiber 'cause L rekka is safe on block.

Probably not the best thread to showcase this, but yeah, on beowulf and bigband L fiber will connect after a midscreen grab. I can't record because I'm out on vacation, but you can do any midscreen combo from it.

He's also the only character you can do sweep L rekka as opposed to using L fiber 'cause L rekka is safe on block.
Huh? Do you have a vid showing it?

Fortune J.Hk loop 1 burst bait kill (HEAVY CHARS):
that's obviously a easy to see bait but without the busrt bait end the combo with S.mp S.mk S.hp rekkas

lol you guys really ran away with those H axe kick loops I showed huh? lol

Ms. Fortune's Fiber Upper confirm combo likes to not work on Squiggly. Any way you guys get it to work?

All of them? 'Cause there's like 6 of them.

All of them? 'Cause there's like 6 of them.

Wow there kind of are huh

I need to practice more than this one then:
H Fiber Upper,
j.mp, j.mk xx M El Gato,
OTG c.lk, s.hk(2hits) xx L Fiber Upper,
j.lk, j.hp xx M El Gato,
dash, s.lp, s.lp, s.lk, s.mp, s.mk, s.hp xx H Cat Scratch x3 xx Cat Scratch Fever.

I recommend this one:

H Fiber Upper,
j.hp, adc, j.hp, j.hk,
dash, OTG c.lk, s.hk(2 hits) xx L Fiber Upper,
j.lp, j.hp, adc, j.lk xx M El Gato
dash, s.lp, s.lp, s.lk, s.mp, s.mk, s.hp xx H Cat Scratch x3 xx Cat Scratch Fever.

7.3k, feels the best imo.

Also one that doesn't use the otg can be really helpful so the [H Fiber Upper, j.hp, adc, j.lk, j.hp, restand] starter is also a good one to invest in.

Reactions: FuLLBLeeD
Thanks caio sempai

So I decided to finally pick SG back up and start with my OG main in Fortune nut I have forgotten everything. I'm going through this thread and there's a crap ton of different combos and variations and I have no idea where to start. Is there a good universal combo that will show me the general combo routes or something? Once I get that down I can dive into the other stuff.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Thanks for the combo and the link. I didn't expect to get a reply so fast. The reason I didn't go there first is because I figured it might be out of date.

Thanks for the combo and the link. I didn't expect to get a reply so fast. The reason I didn't go there first is because I figured it might be out of date.
Caio is godlike and has done a great job creating and updating the Fortune Compendium. You can trust it to be up to date.

How do you combo off of H rekkax3 if you don't juggle?

Damn I thought you cannot link j.HP and H el gato together.
I would actually like it if H el gato was buffed so that you could use it in normal combos outside the corner. It sorta sucks atm (for obvious reasons since you can't combo it wothout doing a j HK re-stand AND having enough space to perform the kick and the link with a launch is awful) at least make it an overhead because of the start up time. I don't really see what the big deal or problem is and why it hasn't been updated along with what happened to her J HP.

I'm pretty sure it hits high, as its an air move.

I don't think you're able to combo into it because its big damage and has a sliding knockdown. Oki is kinda valuable depending on your interpretation and use of it.

I'd say outside of tall characters its more of a neutral tool for calling out dumb things for high reward, someone correct me though.

Okay so HK axekick is overhead, but lk and mk axekick are not. Also you can combo into by doing 2HP j.2149HK which is the easiest. Another easy way is HK fiber in the corner j.HP j.HK j.214HK which uses your otg so no sliding knockdown but you can get 7.9k damage for 1 meter off fiber using that. You can do j.hp j.hk j.214hk on big band and double fairly easy. You can also do a j.HK as a restand and hit with j.214hk right after, but I personally find that too difficult to bother with. It also might not actually work on everyone. Finally you can do 2lk 2hp j.214hk as a double snap.

If you want something consistent on retail you can only do L fiber, j.hp, H axe kick in the corner and on lights, but on beta you can also do L fiber, j.lp, j.hp, H axe kick on every light in the corner and on squigly, painwheel and filia/fukua midscreen. For sliding knockdown it really only works from c.hp and s.hk.

L fiber, double jump, j.hp, j.hk, H axe kick works on a lot of the cast but it's a little too weird to me.

Okay so HK axekick is overhead, but lk and mk axekick are not. Also you can combo into by doing 2HP j.2149HK which is the easiest. Another easy way is HK fiber in the corner j.HP j.HK j.214HK which uses your otg so no sliding knockdown but you can get 7.9k damage for 1 meter off fiber using that. You can do j.hp j.hk j.214hk on big band and double fairly easy. You can also do a j.HK as a restand and hit with j.214hk right after, but I personally find that too difficult to bother with. It also might not actually work on everyone. Finally you can do 2lk 2hp j.214hk as a double snap.
HK Axe Kick is NOT an overhead. Go ahead go to training and set the dummy to block low and you'll see that it's blockable low. Also the damage isn't too insane since a raw one only does 1100. Compared to lock and load that's not much especially for the start up frames it has. I actually find myself getting GRABBED out of it sometimes lol. All I'm supporting is the idea of it getting updated so it falls in line with the rest of her moves. I mean we got headless conversions to be more viable in an actual combo (RIP Super Bounce. Should've never showed anyone that lol) A lot of characters have a means of keeping you in the corner with slide (Cerebella, Double, Eliza, Big Band, Valentine) so again idk what the big deal is. It's actually a pretty horrible neutral tool but with Fortune it's one of the best ones she's got in the air outside of J HK (which me personally I constantly us H Fiber > J Hk > HK Axe Kick to go toe to toe to people in the air or ground usually)

I'm pretty sure H Axekick is strictly for damage, set ups (It does sliding knockdown for cryin out loud that stuff is great for oki) and also I feel it's very slow to bait out pushblocks. You won't believe how many people will actually get hit by it leading into massive damage. Also because H Axekick loops do TONS of damage I don't see it being comboable from jHP again any time soon. I'm also not sure why it should be an overhead I mean it's already incredibly slow and isn't a blockstring for the most part you're gonna get hit anyway. Should it hit someone blocking the axekick you are +20 something so I dunno how to feel about this.

Also why aren't you using fortune's other good A2As? You know jLK jMP jHP sometimes jLP.

I'm pretty sure H Axekick is strictly for damage, set ups (It does sliding knockdown for cryin out loud that stuff is great for oki) and also I feel it's very slow to bait out pushblocks. You won't believe how many people will actually get hit by it leading into massive damage. Also because H Axekick loops do TONS of damage I don't see it being comboable from jHP again any time soon. I'm also not sure why it should be an overhead I mean it's already incredibly slow and isn't a blockstring for the most part you're gonna get hit anyway. Should it hit someone blocking the axekick you are +20 something so I dunno how to feel about this.

Also why aren't you using fortune's other good A2As? You know jLK jMP jHP sometimes jLP.
Sure it does a sliding knowdown and that's the point i'm trying to make. Why can't I use it in a normal combo. I feel it needs to be updated and it's start up frames be faster. The amount of blockstun it does is a little less than Bella's j HP. The reason i don't really use those is because j HK covers the most space and knocks them away so you get a break from a Fillia or Parasoul. H axe kick only dow 100 more damage than the medium version so the thing that draws me to it is the fact that it causes a sliding knowdown so i can keep someone in a corner and set up for when they are up. Allowing it to combo again normally wouldn't be a crazy OP buff anyways and I think we should at least give it a shot in beta. Hell you can get grabbed out of start up from it! That should be reason enough. The only thing it is pretty useful for in neutral is iad > j lk > H axe kick. It crosses up and only shows it's going to cross up at the last second. My thoughts is maybe letting it combo off of fibers? I mean beforehand we thought it was going to combo with the delay for special moves being taken away after a fiber in the Eliza patch. Sure we can argue about it being useful for H axe kick loops but honestly how often do we get the opportunity to get them and it isn't all that practical since your timing does have to be on point. The way we can get this to work is maybe make it combo off of j mk or change Fiber's launch trajectory or hitstun in order for us to be able to use it to get the knockdown. Or maybe instead of changing something major like that just reduce the start of frames for H axe kick. Worth a shot trying it out in beta right? That is, if senpai notices me.

Oh my bad let me indent every 5 sentences. I'll edit it now.
(edit) How do you edit?