• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic ~ ☆

Who is your Favorite Pony?

• (Princess) Twilight Sparkle ~ トワイライトスパークル

Votes: 15 18.3%
  • Applejack ~ アップルジャック

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Pinkie Pie ~ ピンキーパイ

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Rarity ~ ラリティ

Votes: 26 31.7%
  • Rainbow Dash ~ レインボーダッシュ

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Fluttershy ~ フラッターシャイ

Votes: 21 25.6%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 10 12.2%

• Total voters
For a second there I thought a new 5 page long poni thread sprouted overnight.

Today’s episode was pretty good. Not great, but I liked it. Maud is cool, but the cliché of a hyperactive character having a really anti-social sister/brother is pretty overused. I wonder why they made her the third sister, which was added for this one book and of course this episode. She wasn’t in "The Cutie Mark Chronicles", there were only 2 sisters back then, but for season 4 Maud was invented, added on a picture of Pinkie’s first party seen in "Pinkie Pride". Why? Why not take one of the already existing sisters? I wonder why they did that.

The end was good, I like how Maud is really protective about Pinkie Pie and even keeping the candy-necklaces, not for the candy, but because her sister made them for her.

Also: This pony officially knows the "Bakusai Tenketsu" technique, how awesome is that? :D

Reactions: SpaceCadetKeon
I really love the idea of MLP in a japanese format.

and this doesn't help quell that like either.

Also: This pony officially knows the "Bakusai Tenketsu" technique, how awesome is that? :D
Just saw the episode today, and that's immediately what I thought of when Maud started breaking that rock.

Just saw the episode today, and that's immediately what I thought of when Maud started breaking that rock.

Too bad, you should've thought of this instead

>that bad feel when you didn't even realize there was a thread for this....for months.

Welcome to the club.

Been a member of it for a looong time lol.

I mean the club of not noticing this thread existed for months on end and suddenly seeing it one day and feeling dumb for not noticing before.

Holy shit. Jan took down EVERY video from his Youtube channel. And he won't be able to do Button's Adventure anymore. That is...

<sigh>

I can't even get angry at Hasbro over this. I'm upset. I'm upset for Jan having to take down all of his fantastic, hard work, I'm upset that Hasbro keeps C&Ding the very things that make the MLP community so strong and loyal, and I'm upset that we all know that Hasbro will continue to do this, and nothing will stop them.

My sympathizes for everyone that has, and will be, stopped by Hasbro's C&Ds. I just hope that they can all find means to use their already proven talents in ways that the MLP community can still appreciate and enjoy.

It's a tough relationship with Hasbro. Can't really say I'm surprised by what happened here, though, not after last year's situation with the Fighting is Magic C&D. It stung for a long time, still stings, but in a way it makes me involuntarily prepared for C&Ds for any pony-related fanwork.

The brother’s didn’t disappoint.

Not quite as catchy as the first, but still a good one.

Also, seems like Granny Smith's father found the Star Swirl the Bearded wing while visiting Canterlot.

csxpf74g.jpg

I'm glad the brothers didn't redeem themselves or anything like that. They're charming being the sneaky snakes that they are.

Reactions: SpaceCadetKeon
hh0dVJa.png

1975141_10152123109248801_375278235881571642_n.jpg
Huh. So this is a thing, I guess.

But for some reason this makes me think of the upcoming movie. What was it? Rainbow Road? Rainbow Rot? No, no. Oh wait, I remember! Rainbow Rock! ...........
mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

Reactions: Muro
I'd comment on that, but I feel all of the good puns have already been said.

I'd comment on that, but I feel all of the good puns have already been said.

Sir I think you forget where you are. This is bad pun central, go for it. :PUN:

Last edited:
Speaking of Rainbow Rock, there was a short released for it recently.

Now, as a reminder, I have been nothing but dismissive and disinterested in Rainbow Rock, as I found the first Equestria Girls to be mediocre, and the premise for this new one is an even more obvious toy selling plot than the last.

Now I kind of want to watch Equestria Girls 2.

I'm not yet sure how to feel about this.

I'm not yet sure how to feel about this.

Okay, if you wanna know the skinny, LoE still needs work, but it's still interesting. The battle system is a little bit better, but still lacking in functionality. There isn't a bad server bug so logging in is a million times easier. Haven't had time to explore much, but hey, that's what these playtest weekends are for.

Oh, and I think adding Fluffle Puff to LoE is kinda dumb, but I guess they needed something to hype up their game.

Not exactly pony content, buuut...

I find the "Super Best Friends Forever" series of shorts rather entertaining. Unfortunately a full show was never made out of it, but the five released shorts are quite fun by themselves. Lauren Faust (Friendship is Magic's original creator/developer/writer) is the series' creator/developer/writer/everything and you might recognize Batgirl having Twilight Sparkle's voice due to Tara Strong's participation.

I didn't know they went past three episodes! How did I miss 4 and 5?

I really enjoyed the SBFFs. They were clever, funny, and Tara Strong was in them; what more could you possibly need from an animated short?

I didn't know they went past three episodes! How did I miss 4 and 5?

I really enjoyed the SBFFs. They were clever, funny, and Tara Strong was in them; what more could you possibly need from an animated short?
apparently only appealing to nostalgia junkies if you ask CN.

original well written stories? nope. gotta sell dem toys.

Cartoon Network may be ignoring a large number of very good cartoon ideas at their doorstep, but at least they aren't as bad as Nickelodeon :P

OT: So that most recent episode of MLP was probably among my top five this season:

Prior to this episode, I was rather disappointed with the Season 4 Spike episodes. Power Ponies was okay, but the plot was on the weak side and Spike didn't receive all that much character development beyond "you can be the comic relief AND useful sometimes". Inspiration Manifestation was pretty good, but it didn't really showcase the friendship of Rarity and Spike as much I had hoped it would before having Rarity became brainwashed and crazy, and the lesson of the episode was exactly the same as that of Leap of Faith.

Equestria Games finally managed to do a lot of things right that I have wanted in a Spike episode: continuity recognizes the events of the Season 3 premiere, as Spike is beloved in the Crystal Empire for saving everyone; Spike conflict occurs for fairly justifiable reasons (i.e. stage fright in front of a bajillion ponies) and not purely because of incompetence; the Cloudsdale Anthem scene was just as embarrassing for the viewer as it was for Spike himself, so it wasn't just a scene of "hey, look at Spike do a dumb thing without even realizing it!", and was instead a scene that managed to make the viewer feel just as ashamed and awkward as he does (god, I literally had to pause the episode THREE TIMES during that scene due to how awkward it was), giving the viewer empathy for Spike's desire to leave the Crystal Empire as soon as possible; and the episode ended with Spike proving himself, not to the Mane Six, not to the viewer, but to himself, his harshest critic throughout Season 4 (in the beginning of Power Ponies, he clearly viewed himself as the Mane Six's Hum Drum, the useless sidekick who can't do anything right, even before donning the role in the comic. Ouch).

I am so glad that the second-to-last episode of the season finally gave Spike the episode he very much needed.

It is sad to see that quite a few people have been annoyed that the episode didn't make the Equestria Games themselves the focus, but honestly, I can't really imagine a strong enough plot centering around the games, since only one event included characters we knew well enough to want to root for.

Finale was pretty good, right guys?

Although the last half felt like an episode of Dragon Ball, holy shit they were going all out with this one.

And we finally got a new villain who’s matter of speech isn’t limited to "Crystalssssssss…". I hoped he would’ve gotten a much more monstrous form at the end and called himself "Diablo" though ;D

I’m not taking about anything more yet, cause spoilers. Watch the episodes for yourself, they’re really good!