• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA New England thread - Not UK

Oh look. A helpful answer. Lame.

I won't be at GU next week for two reasons, my grandmother recently passed away and I need to leave for her memorial service at 7 am next Saturday morning, and my summer class which is at 4 pm - 7:10 pm is cancelled on Monday, but the make up day is Friday night. Sorry guys

I won't be at GU next week for two reasons, my grandmother recently passed away and I need to leave for her memorial service at 7 am next Saturday morning, and my summer class which is at 4 pm - 7:10 pm is cancelled on Monday, but the make up day is Friday night. Sorry guys
Sorry for your loss :(

Oh shit, damn. Losing people sucks, I know. My Aunt died a few years ago. On her daughters birthday, two days before my birthday. Shits rough. RIP Auntie Shea.

Last edited:
I am sorry for your loss man. I'll be around GU more often now so expect to see me in person again.

Last edited:
GUTS 3 has been announced. Not a lot of info yet except for the venue and date, which are Foxwoods and September 19-21, respectively. No idea if Skullgirls will be included or not.

Thank you guys, still hasn't really hit me yet.

If GUTS doesn't have a skullgirls tournament would we still run a side one?

Thank you guys, still hasn't really hit me yet.

If GUTS doesn't have a skullgirls tournament would we still run a side one?
Yeah I would definitely do that.

Reactions: Icky
Although it doesn't look like it's going to come to that, the list of games is up and Skullgirls is on it. Full list of games for anyone curious:

Ultra Street Fighter IV
Super Smash Bros Melee Singles and Doubles
Super Smash Bros 3DS
Project M Singles and Doubles
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Killer Instinct
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Injustice
Mortal Kombat
Skullgirls
King of Fighters [13, presumably]
WWE 2K14
Magic: The Gathering

Skullgirls is the only anime game on there, interestingly enough. I guess get fucked, Blazblue? (I have to think Blazblue will get added later).

Also a link to the Facebook page for those of you with Facebook (sorry Icky): https://www.facebook.com/events/1427297670873472/

I'm assuming that they're just having a tournament for every single KoF game ever released, that makes the most sense and I don't see how that implies that the tournament will be 13. Same with Mortal Kombat

Reactions: mcpeanuts
So is SG going to be at the Monthly? Who will be there because I am planning on coming down.

So is SG going to be at the Monthly? Who will be there because I am planning on coming down.
I don't know if GU is running a monthly in June. I would assume they are but nothing has been announced. If they are then yes, SG will be there.

There's a Fight Night at Game King in Fall River on Thursday 6/5/2014. It'll be primarily Ultra Street Fighter since that comes out next week, but there will be Skullgirls.

Game King: 379 Kilburn St. Fall River, Massachusetts. 02724.
Too bad it wasn't this Thursday, I was magically off work that day (I'm usually Thr, Fri, Sun nights).

I'm trying to gauge interest in casuals at Game Underground this Friday (5/30). I know Icky can't make it, and by extension that means no one who lives in Rhode Island can go, but as long as like 2-3 people other than me are going I'll still bring my setup and run the stream and all that.

I can't make it, I'll be out of town this weekend

I should be able to make it. Also I'm planning on going to GUTS with a couple friends.

Anyone going to be at Hartford comic con this weekend?

(or can I just continue to say I'm Connecticut's best skullgirls player by default)

Anyone going to be at Hartford comic con this weekend?

(or can I just continue to say I'm Connecticut's best skullgirls player by default)
I did not know that was happening this weekend. Is there Skullgirls at it?

Not that I know of, at all. I'm thinking I won't bother bringing my stick.

Not that I know of, at all. I'm thinking I won't bother bringing my stick.
Eh I'm probably gonna pass then. Not really much of a comics fan.

I'm 98% sure I'll be there on Friday.

I should be able to make it. Also I'm planning on going to GUTS with a couple friends.
I'm 98% sure I'll be there on Friday.
Good enough for me. I'm thinking I'll bring my PS3 setup though cause the computer is a pain to transport and my stream viewers really only show up to see Icky vs Natezer anyways.

Reactions: Uzumakihero
I'll have to use someone else's stick then since mine is xbox/PC.

I'll have to use someone else's stick then since mine is xbox/PC.
There's always hella sticks at GU so I wouldn't stress it

Wait someone else lives in CT and plays? probably have to forfeit my title then.

as for comic con, as far as I know no one will bring any kind of set up, so kill the hype now.

Reactions: WarpedEcho
I may end up bringing my computer this week after all, but the Skullgirls would still be on PS3. Jamie might want me to stream at GUTS 3 so I wanna see if I can stream console games. Theoretically I should be able to do it, I have all the stuff I need for it, I just haven't tried it before.

This would also mean we could stream weird shit like Bushido Blade or Deadliest Warrior The Game or something.

Oh is SG gonna be on PS3 at GUTS? Hopefully I'll have my stick all fancy and dual modded by then.

Oh is SG gonna be on PS3 at GUTS? Hopefully I'll have my stick all fancy and dual modded by then.
Jamie left the decision of what version to run SG on up to me. I told him PS3 because that's been the tournament standard for a while now, but I also said if there were significant differences between versions by the time GUTS 3 rolls around, I may end up running it on PC. The big thing would be Eliza. If she's not on either version then it's definitely PS3. If she's on PC then it becomes a question of how complete she is and if people wanna fight a character who doesn't have all her colored frames or w/e.

Anyways, we have a while before we need to worry about all that. Short answer for now is that it'll be on PS3.

I may end up bringing my computer this week after all, but the Skullgirls would still be on PS3. Jamie might want me to stream at GUTS 3 so I wanna see if I can stream console games. Theoretically I should be able to do it, I have all the stuff I need for it, I just haven't tried it before.

This would also mean we could stream weird shit like Bushido Blade or Deadliest Warrior The Game or something.
A test run sounds like a good idea.
In that case, I'll bring my binder of games with me. I haven't fired up my copy of Bushido Blde in ages, and I have some other things that might be interesting too.

fml I ran into some problems trying to test streaming PS3 stuff at home which are going to take more than 1 day to figure out so NEVERMIND back to not bringing a computer (just PS3)

I'll bring my rig for streaming tomorrow.

I can't make it tonight, I need to work late. Sorry for the late notice.

It's ok @mcpeanuts don't worry man. Also, I always have trouble gauging when I should get on the road to get to GU. When does everyone usually get there?