• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA New England thread - Not UK

I talked to Alana about streaming. The back wall with all the CRTs for smash has an Ethernet cable so she recommended setting up over there. I was thinking having the stream setup on one end of the table and the setup people are playing on on the other end, the idea being the players will (hopefully) not hear the commentators. Planning on giving it a shot this Friday. I'm going to try very hard to remember to bring an Ethernet cable.
@Tommer @Deer - I'm going to GU this friday, so I can give you guys a ride home at night if you'd like. I'd offer to drive you there too, but unfortunately I'll be coming from the West so that's not really do-able.

Edit - @Tommer - I'm an idiot and am just seeing your post directly above mine stating that you won't be around on the 12th
You could give Waifu a ride I think, I believe he's still going. @Tommer I still need his contact information when you get a chance.

Reactions: CaioLugon
So, gonna throw this out there Dmags, if you're out this way again and don't say hi or anything, you're literally gonna break my heart here.

Reactions: dMags
So, gonna throw this out there Dmags, if you're out this way again and don't say hi or anything, you're literally gonna break my heart here.

I only go as far west as Shrewsbury, which I know is not at all Western MA

@mcpeanuts @LordCeno - sounds like numbers have been better lately at locals, do you guys think it'd be a good idea for me to get into the habit of bringing my PS3 for a 3rd setup? even if we don't use it, it's not very difficult for me to at least pack it with the rest of my stuff

@mcpeanuts @LordCeno - sounds like numbers have been better lately at locals, do you guys think it'd be a good idea for me to get into the habit of bringing my PS3 for a 3rd setup? even if we don't use it, it's not very difficult for me to at least pack it with the rest of my stuff
Honestly this would probably be a good idea. Last week the second setup was a laptop setup. The week before that the second setup was a PS3 setup with vanilla Skullgirls. It would be good to have two tournament perfect setups.

Reactions: fenster and dMags
again I can't make guarantees about getting out to weeklies but if I can I have a PS3 with sg encore (for the summer anyway, I got SG for free with my brother's ps plus so the PS3 only has it while he keeps up the membership, which he only does when he's not in school) and all dlc characters besides squigly I could probably bring

did you not watch me play in 'I Wanna Be The Skullgirl' this past week? my squigly was so OP that she went full circle and was actually insanely bad

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Cool it sounds like we're good on setups now. @mcpeanuts do you want me to send you the new mess of stream graphics I made?

Cool it sounds like we're good on setups now. @mcpeanuts do you want me to send you the new mess of stream graphics I made?
Please do!

Oh stream can I commentate last minute :^)
Just kidding.... But I'm actually gonna make it out tonight

Honestly this would probably be a good idea. Last week the second setup was a laptop setup. The week before that the second setup was a PS3 setup with vanilla Skullgirls. It would be good to have two tournament perfect setups.

Your setups should keep going backwards. From the dozens of SG alphas all they way till you just end up playing MVC2.

Good idea. I've been bringing my PS4 lately in order to help the MKX people out, and my bag doesn't have space for my PS3 as well.

I wish I could be there. I'll try to save money for next week's.

just a heads up @Deer @Uzumakihero @Tommer ( I told Waifu in person last week ) - I won't be able to make GU this week ( 6/19 ) and next week ( 6/26 ) is 50/50 right now, if I do show up next friday it'll probably be later in the night. Looking way into the future, 3rd friday from now 7/3 is also probably a no-go due to 4th of July shenanigans. Literally all the cool stuff this summer is happening on Friday nights, but anyway just a heads up so you guys can plan rides ahead of time. This also means my setup won't be there those weeks

Reactions: Uzumakihero
EYYY!!!!!!! Friday is tomorrow whose going out? Also I'm bringing my dreamcast so if any one has a stick for it *Cough Cough @LordCeno* we can get some CVS2. MVC2, VSAV, ST, 3S, and SFA3 going.

I will be there. Maybe I will lose a bunch of games of MVC2 we will see! :^) Tommer and Waifu said they'd be there too.

Depending on how my day goes, I may make an appearance, I can't say yet until I actually deal with things. Also, when did MVC2 become a thing with us?

There's a chance I'll call out tomorrow. I helped a neighbor lift some granite slabs yesterday and my back isn't too happy about it. If I'm still sore tomorrow I may just rest.

Hey if someone gets there early could they reserve an Asus please? I'm not planning on getting there until after I pick up Tommer and Waifu.

What time is early?
What dMags said. I'm expecting to get there at 7:30 so if you show up before then see if you can get dibs on an Asus :)

I'll try and snag a CRT too
You'll succeed.

I think I'm going to call out tonight. My back is doing better but isn't 100%. Why chance making a minor injury into something serious while lugging stuff around, when I can just take the week off and come back at full power?

As a heads up, I'm probably not going to GU for the next 2 weeks, so people who normally get a ride from me should adjust their plans accordingly.

K cool I can pick up the slack from Peanuts if need be. So if I can get a head count for people that want to go this Friday to see if it's even worth me going down there

I'm also out for the next 2 weeks. Anyone that IS going, keep in mind that Peanut's absence also means 1 less setup

I can bring mine if need be. It's a big ass tower but I can make it work and I can stream

I should be there for something or other. My spine is back to 100%. Just debating bring my PS3 for whatever, or the PS4 for the MKX people.

Cannot make it tomorrow. Sorry team!

Reactions: Natezer