• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA New England thread - Not UK

Wow I can't believe this meanie

Oh man... I wanted to go to sage's thing, but this seems like a big event for GU. And I do rep GU. Hmm. I think I'll support this instead, if I have to choose. Also... may get SFV just so I can enter in tournaments for it. I still hate the game/don't think it's worth $60, but it's probably good for me to be learning a new game that everyone's playing.

Oh man... I wanted to go to sage's thing, but this seems like a big event for GU. And I do rep GU. Hmm. I think I'll support this instead, if I have to choose. Also... may get SFV just so I can enter in tournaments for it. I still hate the game/don't think it's worth $60, but it's probably good for me to be learning a new game that everyone's playing.
I think you should play games you like, not games you feel like you're supposed to like because everyone else does =/ I mean a lot of people do seem to genuinely enjoy SFV and those people I wouldn't discourage from playing the game, but if you're over here like "grrrr this game is dogshit I wish I didn't have to play it!" I mean... you don't! You don't have to! lol

Reactions: Zidiane and Pickles
You're right. But... I still feel like I need to be... to be better at learning new things, and learning them quicker. Learning new tech, new characters, or new games in general, and picking it all up much faster. I want to play a new game day one and be able to have a chance at taking a tournament that day. Playing older games is helping, but I need other people to play, and there aren't very many on Fightcade, if any.

I think playing the game that everyone is playing, even if just for a couple months or on and off at tournaments, should help me overall as a player. People keep telling me this is silly. But it feels like the right way to learn for me. I'm getting more out of playing new games that I wouldn't have played without this state of mind.

As far as current games, the only one I like is SG. That's the only one I like that has active players. I might like Pokken. I might like KOF14, especially if the execution is a bit easier. I probably won't like Revelator, but if I get a stick I'll try it again.

You should play MKXL and Pokken with me
Lol. I plated mkx. The net code drove me away. Is mkxl different?

Lol. I plated mkx. The net code drove me away. Is mkxl different?
They buffed the fuck out of the netkode, it's on par with Skullgirls now. It's why I started playing again

Reactions: Zidiane
I'm told mkxl netcode is great. I'm sad they shafted the PC though.

I should probably take a look at Pokken. I keep getting told there is a trainer in there that shares my name and taste in pokémons.

I've been having a lot of fun with it but I haven't gotten to that trainer yet.

I gotta say they did a good job capturing my image for the game. Such attention to detail.

Thisiscorrect.png

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Who's gonna give KOF14 a try when that drops? I'm kinda excited for it. As far as I remember, KOF has some strict execution... but maybe it'll be easier this game? Probably not, but maybe. Also, I am more capable than last time I tried KOF13 (3 years ago), so maybe I'll be able to get into this one.

Fight stick obtained - time to enter the hyperbolic time chamber

When's the next event?

Reactions: Tommer
Nice! What stick did you end up getting?

That's a nice stick, and much cheaper than the TE2+ for the same features.

So PAX is coming up in a few days, who wants to meet up for a c t i v i t i e s?

So PAX is coming up in a few days, who wants to meet up for a c t i v i t i e s?
I'll be there. I'm down for whatever. The only time sensitive things on my agenda are the Friday and Saturday night concerts, the last round of the Omegathon on Sunday, and the MKX tournament Saturday at noon where I plan to play my rusty Tanya, lose in the first or second round, then mumble "well I don't really play this game" under my breath then go get drunk at the food court bar.

Nice, that's a good plan. Company will be nice in the three hour line for the concerts.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I'm going to PAX so I might see you guys there.

Sent from my computer using my keyboard.
Oh snap what days? If you're going Friday you gotta see the Protomen with us that band is ACTUALLY lit live

I have a confession to make.

I am not going to PAX.

Sent from my computer using my keyboard.

Waifu is coming too but he doesn't read skullheart

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have it on good authority someone else from the SGC is going. But he can say so himself if he wants to, I've seen him lurking in this thread.

already on my bike
Don't text and bike, it's dangerous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I'm going to PAX on Saturday, there's like 50 million things I want to see and I'll be all over the place but I might bump into you guys.

Is the SFV tournament the only 2 day one at GUAC? I'm interested in going for Killer Instinct primarily but would love to get bodied in SG as well if I can make it out.

I'm going to PAX on Saturday, there's like 50 million things I want to see and I'll be all over the place but I might bump into you guys.

Is the SFV tournament the only 2 day one at GUAC? I'm interested in going for Killer Instinct primarily but would love to get bodied in SG as well if I can make it out.
I don't think there's a schedule for GUAC yet. The only thing I know is that Skullgirls is Sunday only.

Ok so guys. XenoEncore is this Saturday and GUAC is this Sunday. Who is trying to roll up to one or both of these tournaments? Skullgirls is 1pm on Sunday but I'm gonna talk to Jamie and see if we can get that moved back a bit

rolling up both days
Are you planning on giving Nate a ride or should I do it? idk if he's out of your way if you're going south