• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA New England thread - Not UK

Hope everyone had fun Friday. This weekend's Apex so I won't be making it this Friday either.
So, should I bring my rig again? Last weeks streaming was a flop. My plan had been to bring my PS3 and nearly every PS1&3 fighter I own, but I could bring both if we're in need of a source for Encore. I have SDE on the PS3 but I really don't like playing that version.

So, should I bring my rig again? Last weeks streaming was a flop. My plan had been to bring my PS3 and nearly every PS1&3 fighter I own, but I could bring both if we're in need of a source for Encore. I have SDE on the PS3 but I really don't like playing that version.
I'm gonna say yes, bring your rig unless someone else is willing to bring a setup. Next Friday should be business as usual.

Damn :( Will you be going to the GU tournament next saturday?
If I can, I will be. I've been super busy lately, trying to get everything on my bucket list done before my last semester.

If I can, I will be. I've been super busy lately, trying to get everything on my bucket list done before my last semester.
Wait, isn't your bucket list that list you showed me that had "go to every fighting game thing ever with Icky" written as number 1?

Sounds to me like you're not following your list properly.

Reactions: Hilary and LordCeno
Something just came up and apparently some people are having to game King for FRFN tonight. I might end up going at like 7 or 8 just so yall know. No gaurentees though. Tweet me or facebook me with questions

Reactions: Pandamanana
Hey @Icky, since there's a tournament tomorrow, does that mean you're not going to GU tonight? Let me know, thanks.

He told me last week he was bowing out of Friday. I'm still planning on going.

Yeah, I'll only be there tomorrow. @Pandamanana I'm still bringing you tomorrow, correct? Message me on steam or whatever so we can work out details

Alright. I have plans after work, so I won't be there either. See you all Saturday :-)

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Of course people take pictures when I'm not there. *pouting*

Reactions: Uzumakihero
Hey I may be a bit late tonight but I will be there. If anyone gets there before me try to secure our regular spot before someone puts Marvel there or something :)

Reactions: Icky
I don't think I'll be able to make it today guys. Sorry.

On a side note, does anyone play Guilty Gear? I'm hype for Xrd and thinking of getting Accent Core Plus R to get more familiar before the release of the console version of Xrd.

I don't think I'll be able to make it today guys. Sorry.

On a side note, does anyone play Guilty Gear? I'm hype for Xrd and thinking of getting Accent Core Plus R to get more familiar before the release of the console version of Xrd.
I'm going to play Xrd but I don't play much +R because my main character, Bedman, isn't in it. However if you said on the Facebook group that you wanted to play Guilty Gear I bet someone would bring a setup. Alex Smith is actually one of the best players in the country at that game, and there are other people who like it as well.

Damn, let me know if you'll be able to make it next week then! And there's a few people that play Guilty Gear, there's just not usually a setup.

Also just to let you guys know: Nate, Zid, and I will be arriving around 7:30 instead of 7:00 for the next few months due to Zid's Friday class getting out a half an hour later than I used to pick him up

Damn, let me know if you'll be able to make it next week then! And there's a few people that play Guilty Gear, there's just not usually a setup.

Also just to let you guys know: Nate, Zid, and I will be arriving around 7:30 instead of 7:00 for the next few months due to Zid's Friday class getting out a half an hour later than I used to pick him up
That's fine. Thanks for letting us know.

I'm also apparently not going to be late tonight, but in exchange I'll probably be late some other Friday in the near future.

Hey, I was just wondering, but are we done with having a headset for the stream? I enjoy talking to the chat, but the last few times I was there we didn't have the mic.

Hey, I was just wondering, but are we done with having a headset for the stream? I enjoy talking to the chat, but the last few times I was there we didn't have the mic.
We could. I've just been running with the webcam cause it's easier to set up. To have the headset we either need a second monitor or we need the person talking to be right next to the people playing, or to be one of the people playing, or something. I'm just not sure of the best way to set it up. Open to suggestions.

Extension cord for the headset?

Extension cord for the headset?
Well the cord is plenty long, it's more like, how are you gonna be close enough to see what's going on without basically talking in the players' ears.

Oh. Uhhh... watch the stream on my laptop? Though I guess that has delay. It'd be funny to hear the delayed responses of people watching a delayed stream with delayed commentary though. Oh, but, if your computer has an HDMI port my laptop does too, and maybe you could use that as a second monitor?

Oh. Uhhh... watch the stream on my laptop? Though I guess that has delay. It'd be funny to hear the delayed responses of people watching a delayed stream with delayed commentary though. Oh, but, if your computer has an HDMI port my laptop does too, and maybe you could use that as a second monitor?
I'm willing to try that.

By the way if Big Band does the taunt boosted version of his ground super, you can Merry Go Rilla it.

I'm willing to try that.

By the way if Big Band does the taunt boosted version of his ground super, you can Merry Go Rilla it.
Try the "watching the stream" or "HDMI" option? Or both?

Also OH WORD?! Feels like Pkemon, Big Band is 4x weak against MGR.

Try the "watching the stream" or "HDMI" option? Or both?

Also OH WORD?! Feels like Pkemon, Big Band is 4x weak against MGR.
Oh the HDMI thing. As long as it doesn't lag, that's been a problem with the two monitor setup in the past.

Big Band is 4x weak against MGR.
I immediately parsed that as Metal Gear Rising and thought "Yeah, Raiden vs most of the Skullgirls cast really wouldn't be pretty".

Reactions: Zidiane
I immediately parsed that as Metal Gear Rising and thought "Yeah, Raiden vs most of the Skullgirls cast really wouldn't be pretty".
I dunno, putting a KoF character in Skullgirls would be weird

Reactions: LordCeno
Kappa

I dunno, putting a KoF character in Skullgirls would be weird
Yeah, I don't think fatalities or babalities would mesh very well.

Edit: on second thought, add babalities to skullgirls.

Yeah, I don't think fatalities or babalities would mesh very well.

Edit: on second thought, add babalities to skullgirls.
You mean Babe-alities, amirite?

Reactions: Icky