• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA New England thread - Not UK

No Salt Mine this weekend because it's Valentine's Day and we never do a Salt Mine on Valentine's Day. Also because there's a tournament Saturday, but mostly the first thing.

Played at least once and/or intending to play more.

I would come more often but I usually get home on Saturdays from my college. Then, when I am not going home, I have no ride. If I could hitch a ride with someone who drives by the Common then I would be around way more often.

Aside from shmoozing with other SG players, I'm sure we can figure something out :)

Really looking to meeting you guys!

Yo, if someone was kind enough to pick me up then I'll chip in for gas, or buy drinks for the ride. I really want to make it to the fight nights more. The Emerson community is utter garbage for gaming that isn't handheld, and all the people who play fighting games play exclusively Smash (and P4A I think).

Yo, if someone was kind enough to pick me up then I'll chip in for gas, or buy drinks for the ride. I really want to make it to the fight nights more. The Emerson community is utter garbage for gaming that isn't handheld, and all the people who play fighting games play exclusively Smash (and P4A I think).
Sorry man. For me to drive to Boston, then back to Framingham, then back to Boston, then back home to Framingham is like 2 extra hours of driving for me. @Uzumakihero has been trying to escape the city of Boston for months with no success.

Sorry man. For me to drive to Boston, then back to Framingham, then back to Boston, then back home to Framingham is like 2 extra hours of driving for me. @Uzumakihero has been trying to escape the city of Boston for months with no success.

Yeah, that's my schtick.

I can be located in Jamaica Plain, which is near the Forest Hills Station.

(If you're asking me, that is)

I was asking Peanuts, my house is south of Boston, but that is good to know. If you ever down by the Commons (or plan to be) hit me up through SH.

I was asking Peanuts, my house is south of Boston, but that is good to know. If you ever down by the Commons (or plan to be) hit me up through SH.
Oh I'm west of Boston. I actually live really close to Game Underground.

I don't know what the crowd at GU is gonna be like tonight, since Winter Brawl is this weekend. Sometimes they don't run fight nights on weekends like this. But in my experience if we bring our own setup they don't kick you out, so we should still be able to push buttons at each other.

Had a couple questions:

1) Anyone bringing a PS3 setup? We could probably have two setups going.

2) Anyone wanna do ranbats tonight? @Icky asked me about this but I haven't been running them cause honestly I kinda forgot about this idea haha. But if there's interest we can start them back up. I'm thinking we would do round robin since getting 8+ people on a Friday is basically impossible. Might do $1 entry just cause I think that's more appealing to guys like Alex Smith/Fadedash/etc who sort of play the game but not really (I have no idea why but fringe people seem more interested in a $1 tournament than a free one).

I can bring my PS3. It'll be the dedicated Skullgirls setup, since Nate will probably want to use his at some point for Chaos Code/BalzBlue/Waterpizza/some new Anime game I haven't heard of.

How were you able to get a ride?

Smash friend. He does play BBCP, but he's more in it for Smash. Unless it's smash, I am not getting up there in a while...till I drive up there.

Oh wow, I left my PS3 power wire there last night.

Edit: and my HDMI wire, oh mah goodness.

Last edited:
Smash friend. He does play BBCP, but he's more in it for Smash. Unless it's smash, I am not getting up there in a while...till I drive up there.
Just an FYI Game Underground is closing at 11pm tonight.
It was supposed to, because the guy who stays late was at Winter Brawl. However, we ended up there until 1am. The reason being is that the guy who closed up the shop ended up staying another two hours to play Smash. So, @Uzumakihero while its not a focus game, Smash is played there on Friday nights if people want to.

Oh wow, I left my PS3 power wire there last night.

Edit: and my HDMI wire, oh mah goodness.
Give the store a call, see if someone found them.

Are people going to GU this Friday? I'm in Worcester and was told by @mcpeanuts that someone comes up though here. Would pay for gas etc if a ride could be provided.

I think everyone knows this already but I'm not going to be there Friday, so if you guys wanna go someone else is going to have to bring a setup.

I think everyone knows this already but I'm not going to be there Friday, so if you guys wanna go someone else is going to have to bring a setup.
You mean like I always do?

Not to worry! I have my life sized cardboard cutout of you ready for this Friday!

Don't worry too much about it. We'll get you there at some point (provided I have no other "fun" things I have to fix on my car in the foreseeable future -_-).

Back