• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

New / Modified Stages Brainstorming Thread

What about a "Crypt" or Graveyard-inspired type of stage for maximum spookiness? It's that time of year and Halloween is just around the corner too. Besides, Marie has to be pulling up Zombies from somewhere and I always wanted to spook players in a Graveyard setting with Eliza, Squigly, Ms. Fortune..

#2spooky?

If you want it to happen then Do it. Just got get skull-mod up and figure out how to do the 3d model stuff (shouldn't be hard even though i'm not a modeler.) A graveyard and a Circus would be good stages to add in.

If you want it to happen then Do it. Just got get skull-mod up and figure out how to do the 3d model stuff (shouldn't be hard even though i'm not a modeler.) A graveyard and a Circus would be good stages to add in.
Except I only own Skullgirls for PS3, and I am unsure if the process to do so works with consoles, but so far that does not seem implementable. If I could, I would.

Except I only own Skullgirls for PS3, and I am unsure if the process to do so works with consoles, but so far that does not seem implementable. If I could, I would.
oh sorry. didn't know you were PS3 only. let me see what i can do. I'm really wanting to do this now.

What about a "Crypt" or Graveyard-inspired type of stage for maximum spookiness? It's that time of year and Halloween is just around the corner too. Besides, Marie has to be pulling up Zombies from somewhere and I always wanted to spook players in a Graveyard setting with Eliza, Squigly, Ms. Fortune..

#2spooky?

actually a graveyard stage would be nice for Squigly...
In fact after I saw the trailer for Skullgirls Encore (The first one when squigly wasn't out) I thought that there was going to be one and the song near the end of the trailer was going to be the theme for it

actually a graveyard stage would be nice for Squigly...
In fact after I saw the trailer for Skullgirls Encore (The first one when squigly wasn't out) I thought that there was going to be one and the song near the end of the trailer was going to be the theme for it
I always wondered this, but could never find it:
What is the particular song name at the end of that trailer? Is it exclusive too that Trailer alone or is there a separate song file for it because honestly it sounded pretty boss.

...actually a graveyard stage would be nice for Squigly...
wasn't squigly's stage supposed to be new meridian streets during a rain storm?

If there's a graveyard, the following grave stones are required
Hornet Bomber
3 Graves for 3 bombs
and of course
Cerebella

If you guys remember, there was actually an old sketch for a graveyard stage:
iFbq0os.jpg
Of course, there's still a long way to go before we could ever bring something like this to life in the game, at least in full 3D with animations. In a few years though, I could certainly see new stage mods being more possible than adding new characters.

@Stuff Reminds me of that unused story image of Filia and Fortune hanging out at sunset. Like a lot. Was that your intention, or was that just a huge coincidence. Either way great job!

Personally I wouldn't want a graveyard stage. I hate that whole "Halloween world" aesthetic, like in Tim Burton films and Soul Eater. Skullgirls is way too stylish for that gimmicky stuff.
Sorry, I know a lot people have wanted that stage for a LONG time, but that's just my opinion. No offense intended.

I might want to try my hand at this. Been Wanting a Cerebella Circus Stage for a LOOOOONG Time now. Might as well make my own. Gonna get to idea making.
*licks lips* Thanks Cellsai for your concern and for the link, I may not be a master at 3d modeling on a computer but I think I have the chops to do something like this. I'm going to see if this can happen.
i'll throw away some of my free time to do some "annie"mation ideas.
I've noticed you post a lot of "I'm gonna go do something" posts, but I don't recall seeing you make any "Here's a thing I did" posts.

Last edited:
How likely would be to get custom announcers? I was watching Bob's Burgers and he owned a B&B... OBVS I want to figure out how to ake an archer announcer pack!

How likely would be to get custom announcers? I was watching Bob's Burgers and he owned a B&B... OBVS I want to figure out how to ake an archer announcer pack!

Not likely. Currently all "we" know how to do is extract the files that the audio/voice things come in, not re-pack them. It's currently impossible because of this. Maybe someday, someone super cool will pop up and know how to do it and share, but until then it's a mystery.

Also I don't think this is the place to discuss this.