• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Night Phyre's Easy-Mode Combo Flowchart (for Cerebella)!

Means "Off The Ground", basically, it's when you hit your opponent after a knockdown.

Reactions: anikilatorpr
Any tips on getting the j.LP on restand 2A to hit on Painwheel? It keeps whiffing on her hurtbox for me. Most I can get is maybe one or two hits off it.

Are you doing the second launch with c.mk? You should be able to get more than two hits either way, but on some characters, c.hp -> j.lp all the way to the ground won't work (they'll fall out of it).

Yeah, it's the c.hp -> j.lp I've been doing, and it seems to be be working on everyone but PW so I may have to just do something specific for her.

If you want to use j.lp all the way down (without using the j.lp -> j.hp restand), I'd recommend using the "older" version of the intermediate path, back on the front page.

I may have to, because I'm not getting j.LK to continue all the way to the ground on PW for the j.HP restand to work. Thanks.

Last edited:
i find the j.LP mash into j.HP more consistent.

Just make sure you hit the j.HP very fast after the last j.lp kinda like a Plink.

Woah, you're doing the clap? And you can't make it work on PW?

No idea what to tell you on that one. PW doesn't seem to work differently than any other character. Are you doing the pure "mash j.lp as hard as you can" thing, or are you doing the "tap j.lp three times then plink into j.hp" method?

I haven't been doing j.HP at all because it says to wait until the opponent's feet touch the ground to hit it, and the hits from j.LP are whiffing well before that, so I just presumed it wouldn't work since you can't restand from three feet in the air.

If the opponent's feet are touching the ground, you're too late on the j.hp.

There's a video upthread showing how to do the j.lp -> j.hp restand with the "three taps" method. Go watch that.

EDIT: here it is:

If the opponent's feet are touching the ground, you're too late on the j.hp.
Then Night Phyre needs to fix that in his flowchart, because that's precisely what it says to do.

Watching the vid I linked, I guess that Painwheel is actually on the ground by the time the j.hp hits, but you can't "watch for her to touch the ground and then hit hp"; you'll be too late if you do that every single time.

I think the "wait until you're at the pinnacle of the jump arc before hitting with the first j.lp" was the most important takeaway from that. It's just a weird timing thing that appears to be more necessary on PW's hurtbox than anyone else's.

EDIT: Alternately, I just wasn't jump canceling soon enough off the second c.HP and the timing was more pronounced on PW, because doing the same combo I've been doing works pretty great against her now.

Last edited:
I think the "wait until you're at the pinnacle of the jump arc before hitting with the first j.lp" was the most important takeaway from that. It's just a weird timing thing that appears to be more necessary on PW's hurtbox than anyone else's.

EDIT: Alternately, I just wasn't jump canceling soon enough off the second c.HP and the timing was more pronounced on PW, because doing the same combo I've been doing works pretty great against her now.
Honestly there are tons of ways to do it, just find one that works for you.

For me I press j.LP after a short delay (but before the peak usually) and go

j.LP j.LP j.LP (j.LP j.LP) j.LP + j.HP j.LP

The amount of times I press j.LP is almost always between 3 and 5, I just do it by eye, then I press j.HP in the same rhythm WITH a j.LP and then press j.LP just once more.

Yes, this is unnecessary, but it is a little execution trick that makes it way more consistent for me. Others use different execution and it works out fine for them, just find out what works for you.

Then Night Phyre needs to fix that in his flowchart, because that's precisely what it says to do.
Ok: I think it's fair to change. A clearer explanation would be, "aim to have j.HP hit while their feet are on the ground." Obviously problems will come up if you wait to even *hit* the button until that point. I'll state it more plainly in a fix update.

So, a question about entering the flowchart from MGR:

I find that c.lk -> c.mk whiffs about 2/3rds of the time. Is there some special timing I need to go into the combo from here, or do I need to reverse the order of the two relaunches somehow?

I find that c.lk -> c.mk whiffs about 2/3rds of the time. Is there some special timing I need to go into the combo from here, or do I need to reverse the order of the two relaunches somehow?
You have to dash 2LP 2MK, it is quite a tight link. Alternatively you could just launch into j.LP mash j.HP but for less damage I believe.

You have to dash 2LP 2MK, it is quite a tight link. Alternatively you could just launch into j.LP mash j.HP but for less damage I believe.
For consistency's sake, I just go from MGR into c.LK > cr.MP > cr.HP and then the j.LP restand. Less damage, but universal and easier, plus there's always more resets after that.

Do c.mk after the j.hp
yes, that is what I was trying to say, swap the 2 sections, essentially.

You can mgr c.lk c.mk without dashing on filia, fukua, double and big band, but the restand on filia and fukua is harder than usual.
On painwheel, nothing will work if you don't dash : c.lk will hit, but c.mk, c.mp and c.hp will always whiff after it (except if you're doing it against the corner, of course)

Reactions: Tomo009
Nope, definitely doesn't work unfortunately (not that i often mgr painwheel anyway, but it's still bugging me)

Whenever I do the j.lp mash, how many times am I supposed to hit with it or what am I supposed to start doing when it comes? When I try the j.mp, my opponent is already able to block it.

I don't understand this part at all, and this is where my combo already ends.

Whenever I do the j.lp mash, how many times am I supposed to hit with it or what am I supposed to start doing when it comes? When I try the j.mp, my opponent is already able to block it.

I don't understand this part at all, and this is where my combo already ends.
Usually 3-5 x j.LP then j.HP, you have to use your eyes to figure out the height. You don't use j.MP, just j.LP and j.HP.

Updated the chart with correct damage numbers without a jump-in attack, and added the demonstration url and youtube channel url.

I think this is likely the last update this is going to receive, as it's pretty much... done.

I doubt there's a combo out there that combines ease-of-use and damage as well as this one, so I consider it a great success. To all those of you that got use out of this, I was glad to help you out, and you should pass it on by helping the new players you meet.

Reactions: dusday
Updated the chart with correct damage numbers without a jump-in attack, and added the demonstration url and youtube channel url.

I think this is likely the last update this is going to receive, as it's pretty much... done.

I doubt there's a combo out there that combines ease-of-use and damage as well as this one, so I consider it a great success. To all those of you that got use out of this, I was glad to help you out, and you should pass it on by helping the new players you meet.
Thank you for making it, I will definitely share.

You can do c.lk c.mk launch on Big Band by delaying the c.mk
You can, but if you've got it down to a science, you'd be the first person I knew of. I've found that trick to be unreliable.

You can, but if you've got it down to a science, you'd be the first person I knew of. I've found that trick to be unreliable.
I'm not sure what is actually giving you trouble with it, it works consistently for me. I use 2LP 2MK though, usually, depending on the combo.

Does anyone have any tips regarding the j.HK restand on Squigly? I can do the restand if I start from c. LK, but I can't seem to get the restand consistently when i start at the beginning of the combo

Last edited:
The j.hp restand works easily on everyone if you wait to touch j.lp until you can confirm that you're in the air (aim for about half-way up the jump), hit it rhythmically three times slowly, and plink the j.hp on the last touch of j.lp. There's a video of this upthread a bit.

The j.mp -> j.hk restand is the one that I find kinda tricky on Squigly; the key to that I find is to wait until the last moment to OTG her with the c.lk.

Derp, I meant the j. HK restand. Sorry.
Thanks for the advice though, that's exactly what I needed to deal with that restand.

Delay the c.mk as much you can, and delaying the jump also helps, specially in the corner.

in the corner jump straight up, no forward. it helps a lot against a bunch of characters. midscreen you just have to delay that shit until the last second.

Just delay jumping after the 2MK. It works on every character so you don't need to worry about various timings after you got it.

Thanks for the post! Starting to play and this really helps.

Reactions: Kai