• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Night Phyre's Easy-Mode Combo Flowchart (for Cerebella)!

Anybody have a mid-screen combo with better damage then the one in the flowchart? I've been using it for a while now and, since the damage nerfs its not cutting it anymore.

Its barely 8K for 1 meter where as most characters can do 8K or more meterless.
Yeah, gotta admit, it kinda blows when the character that looks like a big bruiser... kinda isn't very bruiser-y anymore.

She got a damage nerf because her most extreme combos did a ton of damage, right? Unfortunately I feel like it kinda axed her average damage.

Yeah, gotta admit, it kinda blows when the character that looks like a big bruiser... kinda isn't very bruiser-y anymore.

She got a damage nerf because her most extreme combos did a ton of damage, right? Unfortunately I feel like it kinda axed her average damage.
I really liked her damage, before, but now she feels kind of light-weight.

This is a pretty simple extension I'm trying to learn that you can do to boost the damage on the Flowchart Bella B&B

Just substitute the last chain with

s.lp > s.mp > s.hp > Run > Pummel Horse (stagger)
Walk forward slightly, s.hk > Cerecopter > Dynamo

s.HP > Pummel Horse is pretty hard, so if you want to add some more damage and make that part of the combo easier, just add in an assist call to your s.HP input, like so.

s.lp > s.mp > s.hp + MP+LK/HP+MK > Run > Pummel Horse

Works with just about any assist that has a good amount of hitstun and doesn't knock the opponent airborn. Even forward moving ones like Hairball or Drag n' Bite because you can just let bella run a bit further before you do Pummel Horse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kai
Hmmm, are there any other ways to extend the damage of the advanced version without using assists?

Should I just start learning character specific combos?

Hello, on the intermediate combo in the first video (
) I keep going to the other side of the opponent when I do (c.lk, c.mk,>jump.lk.lk.lk.lk mash), is there a certain timing to this?

Hello, on the intermediate combo in the first video I keep going to the other side of the opponent when I do (c.lk, c.mk,>jump.lk.lk.lk.lk mash), is there a certain timing to this?

Well, if you're mashing j.LK, there's your problem :P

If you start hitting j.LP immediately after jumping, you should be fine. Which character is this happening on? If the problem persists, add me on steam and we can do a training session.

Reactions: Verstande
i don't know how to add people on steam lol, ill find out right now

can you titan knuckle > run cancel > pummel horse?

can you titan knuckle > run cancel > pummel horse?
Yes, I've done it before, but it's bad for combos.

I still don't quit understand how to run stop after Titan Knuckle. Do you charge partition or is there enough time to charge if you start after Titan Knuckle begins?

You start charging after you input the Titan Knuckle.

There's no real trick to this, you just have to start charging as fast as possible. If the run isn't coming out, then that means that you're either not starting the charge fast enough, or you're attempting to cancel into the run too early.

Reactions: fastturtle
Thanks! I'm gonna have to try and mess around with that again

Scrub question time:

Trying to learn the advanced version of this, I can't get restand 1 to work; if I don't delay it by much, I get an OTG, and if I do delay it, the j.HK goes the wrong way. What's the trick to making this work?

Scrub question time:

Trying to learn the advanced version of this, I can't get restand 1 to work; if I don't delay it by much, I get an OTG, and if I do delay it, the j.HK goes the wrong way. What's the trick to making this work?
Based on your "goes the wrong way" statement, it sounds like you're not doing the j.MP beforehand. If you immediately slap them with j.MP, it's literally impossible to end up on the other side of them.

Ah, the problem was that I was doing j.MP too late. Thanks

Reactions: Verstande and Kai
NVM was doing j.MP instead of j.MK in the first launcher

Also, how does the j.HK restand thing even work?

Thanks in advance for the help :3

Last edited:

j.MP hitstun is really long, if a character is still in hitstun when they touch the ground, they land standing.

The j.MP actually does the 'restand' part and then you use the j.HK after they touch the ground to continue the combo. The flowchart is a little bit misleading on that part.

Reactions: AdmiralAugustus
I just got back into Skullgirls after a long hiatus. I am having trouble with more advanced combos with Cerebella. When I do the combo I get bursted every time.

j.HK, c.LK, c.MP, c.HP, j.MP, j.HK, c.LK, c.MK, j.MP, j.HK (restand) etc....

I get bursted on my second j.MP. A lot of these combos I see in here I get bursted....am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: NVM was doing j.MP instead of j.MK in the first launcher

Watch this. It explains the restands.

To put it simply, the burst happens because you started a chain with a normal that you already used before.

Read this to learn all about the combo system.

Thanks for the info guys! :)

I realized I was just being a noob and not reading everything lol. I almost got the advanced combo, just missing thing s.LP(x2) after the j.HP .....but that's because I keep hitting c.LP because I'm silly.

Thanks for the info guys! :)

I realized I was just being a noob and not reading everything lol. I almost got the advanced combo, just missing thing s.LP(x2) after the j.HP .....but that's because I keep hitting c.LP because I'm silly.
There are lots of ways to link moves, and I'm actually pretty sure that you could make c.LP work in this context. Doing s.LP(x2) is just easier, and gives you more time to confirm that you got the combo.

Reactions: AdmiralAugustus
Any tips on not getting Kancho when doing the first launch -> j.mk in an actual match? Since I'm frequently holding back when starting a chain, that move to up-forward gets interpreted as a Kancho a lot, which is absolutely infuriating, and I can't wait to see that I'm in the air before hitting the mk button, or else the first air chain drops.

Any tips on not getting Kancho when doing the first launch -> j.mk in an actual match? Since I'm frequently holding back when starting a chain, that move to up-forward gets interpreted as a Kancho a lot, which is absolutely infuriating, and I can't wait to see that I'm in the air before hitting the mk button, or else the first air chain drops.
It's a matter of repetition. The timing on launch > j.MK > j.HK really isn't that tight, so it's just a matter of drilling it. I also hold back during the ground portions of my combos, but I do not have the issue with accidental kanchou, nor have I ever, so I think you're just getting ahead of yourself, is all. Give it more time and concentrate on making sure you've launched instead of trying to nail it the split second you launch. It's like any other cancel in the game (final hit of cerecopter > DDynamo, for example), you just have to do it at the right time.

I'll put together a new video for this one soon, but here's the new chart. Let me know if you spot any errors, and I'll update the first post after a few days.

bellav2.png

Reactions: A.C.Galaga
I do a slightly delayed j.lk instead of the instant j.mk after the first launch. You lose about 300 damage, but it's a lot easier for me.

it still disturbs me when i see the j.lp mash restand on intermediate difficulty flow, and the j.mp j.hk restand on advanced flow...always felt like the difficulty was the other way around...does i suck at mashing that much?

I'll put together a new video for this one soon, but here's the new chart. Let me know if you spot any errors, and I'll update the first post after a few days.
You should mention the 3xj.lp, j.hp thing since it makes the advanced combo easier. And maybe not specify the punches to use for the dynamo input, may be a little misleading.

Reactions: Kai and fastturtle
it still disturbs me when i see the j.lp mash restand on intermediate difficulty flow, and the j.mp j.hk restand on advanced flow...always felt like the difficulty was the other way around...does i suck at mashing that much?

I agree, consistent j.LP restands take quite a bit of practice.

I agree, consistent j.LP restands take quite a bit of practice.
...but I have so much practice! I learned how to run stop combo only 3 weeks ago, and I have less trouble doing them than the j.lp restand, that I have been doing for 6 months...so now, my bnb uses run stop instead of j.lp j.hp restand...the funny thing is that it does more damage \o/

j.lp -> j.hp restand on the intermediate combo?!?!

The flowchart itself just has you doing the j.lp until you land, which is a lot more appropriate for the "intermediate" combo, IMO.

j.lp -> j.hp restand on the intermediate combo?!?!

The flowchart itself just has you doing the j.lp until you land, which is a lot more appropriate for the "intermediate" combo, IMO.
It's optional, I'm just showing that you can add it in without issue. I'll add an annotation the video.

Is the damage listed in the vid for the clap version or the non-clap version?

EDIT: NVM, fullscreening the vid made it visible that it's for the clap version.

Another dumb scrub question:

Is the timing on restand one on heavyweights different in the corner? I find that against Para/Bella/Double in the corner, if I do the j.HK early enough that they can't block it, then I don't land fast enough for them to not be able to block the c.MP.

For practically identical damage (like, within 30 damage) I have always done:

2LK 2MP 2HP
j.MK j.HK
2LP 2MK (delay 2LP slightly on Big Band)
j.MP j.HK
2MP 5HP xx run xx pummel horse
2LK 2MP 5HK xx 623HP xx 236PP

One thing @Oreo told me that helped me out with the whole jLP to jHP is to keep pressing jLP while you press jHP. It seems combo more consistently that way.

Is the timing on restand one on heavyweights different in the corner? I find that against Para/Bella/Double in the corner, if I do the j.HK early enough that they can't block it, then I don't land fast enough for them to not be able to block the c.MP.
In the corner, jump straight up. Jumping towards the enemy in the corner actually pushes them higher into the air.

Reactions: Cynical

In the corner, jump straight up. Jumping towards the enemy in the corner actually pushes them higher into the air.
Also, in any situation, delaying the c.mk makes the restand a LOT easier.

Reactions: dragonos451