• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Night Phyre's Easy-Mode Combo Flowchart (for Parasoul)!

I kinda feel like the "intermediate" route should be sending players though the tear links with an HPx2 starter. That first launch -> airchain on the intermediate route doesn't give you any real reset opportunities at any good times (reset after the j.hk restand is "lol undizzy").

Off of a hit that doesn't use your OTG, something like this is fairly "intermediate friendly" (as in, easier than the Bella Advanced Flowchart), and gives you better reset options, and is more universal (since it doesn't need an OTG at all, it works on everyone except Double. It even works on Band.):
stuff -> s.hpx2 xx lp tear -> s.lp -> s.mp xx Egret Call -> dash -> s.mk -> c.hp -> j.mp -> j.hp -> j.hk -> s.lkx2 -> s.mkx2 -> s.hpx2 xx mp tear xx sniper -> c.mp burst bait or DHC

Slightly less damage I think, but still better overall IMO.

Easy reset options: after the s.mp -> Call -> dash, you can go high with f.lp, low with f.mp, or crossup with spiral flare (they're at the perfect range for it). Or, if you prefer, you can continue to the launch, j.lp -> j.lk -> j.mp, and from there crossunder high or low, or don't crossunder high or low, or airthrow, or burstbait with jump back -> j.lp.

Plus, knowing the tear links means that after a j.lp -> j.hp starter, you can do more than just the "launch -> air chain -> ground chain -> special -> super" beginner route, you just have to rearrange the order a little bit and do the tear links after the air chain.

I kinda feel like the "intermediate" route should be sending players though the tear links with an HPx2 starter. That first launch -> airchain on the intermediate route doesn't give you any real reset opportunities at any good times (reset after the j.hk restand is "lol undizzy").

Off of a hit that doesn't use your OTG, something like this is fairly "intermediate friendly" (as in, easier than the Bella Advanced Flowchart), and gives you better reset options, and is more universal (since it doesn't need an OTG at all, it works on everyone except Double. It even works on Band.):
stuff -> s.hpx2 xx lp tear -> s.lp -> s.mp xx Egret Call -> dash -> s.mk -> c.hp -> j.mp -> j.hp -> j.hk -> s.lkx2 -> s.mkx2 -> s.hpx2 xx mp tear xx sniper -> c.mp burst bait or DHC

Slightly less damage I think, but still better overall IMO.

Easy reset options: after the s.mp -> Call -> dash, you can go high with f.lp, low with f.mp, or crossup with spiral flare (they're at the perfect range for it). Or, if you prefer, you can continue to the launch, j.lp -> j.lk -> j.mp, and from there crossunder high or low, or don't crossunder high or low, or airthrow, or burstbait with jump back -> j.lp.

Plus, knowing the tear links means that after a j.lp -> j.hp starter, you can do more than just the "launch -> air chain -> ground chain -> special -> super" beginner route, you just have to rearrange the order a little bit and do the tear links after the air chain.
I personally consider anything with a tear link to be above beginner level, and I made these combos to purposely avoid any tear links. With this, the only thing the player has to do against heavies is change the 2nd air string.

Your combo is better in the sense that it's more universal and has more reset opportunities, but it's harder and does less damage. This chart isn't the end-all, be-all of Parasoul combos, it's focus is to give brand new players a full-undizzy combo that does decent damage. Even if there are other combos with better options and universality, I don't think they serve a beginner's needs by being harder.

Maybe it's just me, but I still think that the tear links are easier than the Bella flowchart? At least the s.lp link; the straight to s.mp link is pretty tough, granted.

Actually, Dekillsage recommends tear links for beginners instead of launch first specifically for execution reasons; a lot of players with bad execution (including myself) tend to get MP or LP shot by accident from stuff -> launch -> j.lp/mp. Honestly, I mess the tear link combos up a lot less than I messed up the "launch first" combos.

I'll agree that the "beginner" route should probably stay what it is now, though.

Maybe it's just me, but I still think that the tear links are easier than the Bella flowchart? At least the s.lp link; the straight to s.mp link is pretty tough, granted.

Actually, Dekillsage recommends tear links for beginners instead of launch first specifically for execution reasons; a lot of players with bad execution (including myself) tend to get MP or LP shot by accident from stuff -> launch -> j.lp/mp. Honestly, I mess the tear link combos up a lot less than I messed up the "launch first" combos.

I'll agree that the "beginner" route should probably stay what it is now, though.
All of what's considered, "easier," is, of course, subjective, and I'm basing it off my own habits. I mess up tear links more than anything else Parasoul does, so I relegate that to situations that require it (continuing combos when there's more undizzy to use), as opposed to choosing it immediately (your easy combo).

Do you plan on doing a separate chart for tear-link combos or any other advance Parasoul Combos? =)

Do you plan on doing a separate chart for tear-link combos or any other advance Parasoul Combos? =)
Nah, I'll leave that to the other combo peeps out there. This is bare-basics.

That's cool. I'll just check out the combo thread