• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Nov 16, 2013] Skull Girl Expo (Long Beach, CA)

Number 13

Training.
Reaction score
Steam
HooliganComboFTW
Filia
So this is going to happen soon for those in the area interested...
582027_10102792057650917_1787843348_n.jpg

Ninja-Con presents the Skullgirls Fan Expo, featuring Lab Zero Games !

When: Nov 16, 2013
Where: Cultural Alliance of Long Beach
727 Pine ST, Long Beach, CA 90813
Time: 6pm till 12am

Admission: Pay-What-You-Want Donation
Give a donation in an amount you choose at the door. Any amount will be accepted!
* Please note that there is a separate entry fee for the Skullgirls tournament.
* Entry for the Cosplay competition is FREE

Members of the Skullgirls development team Lab Zero Games will be in attendance, and you can meet an hang out with members of voice-over cast of the game!

Featuring performances by:
Midnight Shinigami: J-pop/J-rock band
https://www.facebook.com/MidnightShinigami

Rahfee Zahkee: trip hop, experimental electronica, house & dubstep DJ
https://www.facebook.com/Rahfee.Zahkee

...and more to announce in the coming days!

** Events **

Skullgirls Tournament
$10 entry
1st Place wins 70% of the prize pot, plus $100 Steam gift card provided by Lab Zero Games
2nd Place wins 20% of the prize pot
3rd Place wins 10% of the prize pot
Signups start at 6pm. Tournament will start promptly at 7pm.
Will be played on the version with Squigly on it! Bring your PS3/360/PC stick or controller.

Skullgirls Cosplay Contest
Bring your best Skullgirls cosplay to win a prize from Lab Zero Games.
Signups start at 7pm
Please come prepared in cosplay.
* Cosplay Contest schedule is subject to change on day of the event

More events to be announced!

** Service **

EightySixed Clothing will be on-hand with their latest Skullgirls items for sale! Be sure to check them out on facebook or their official website!
https://www.facebook.com/eightysixedonline
http://www.eightysixedclothing.com/

Tokari Maids will be serving iced soda and baked snacks to all attendees. Be sure to like and support tokari
https://www.facebook.com/TokariMaids

Ninjas With Appetite food truck will be on-site in the back lot of the event. Visit their website to check out their menu.
http://ninjaswithappetite.com/

For more information about the venue, please msg us here or email at ninjaconla@gmail.com

Source at their Facebook Page.

Reactions: ninja-nutria
YES! this is 10 minutes from where i live, totally going

Oh hey, they called it Skullgirls Expo. =3

Anyone gonna pass through Oxnard? Though I just got myself a job, so I don't know about my availability.

Reactions: No longer exist
renders from long beach, and if he goes I'd probably be down. And I live in Oxnard

I'm pretty sure this was Render's idea. A while back, he asked people on IRC about what to name a hypothetical Skullgirls event/convention.

Wasn't my idea originally. The guys from Ninja-con approached us about holding something and it turned into this. It's definitely Lab Zero-endorsed, though!

For the record, the maids, the j-pop band, and the trip-hop dude were not our idea. :P

I'll be there, mostly running the tournament. :D

Reactions: When's Skullgirls
You lucky Long Beachers
This sounds super fun, I wish I could go >_<
Seriously if anyone here who lives in the area doesn't go, I will DESTROY YOU

But yeah hopefully this has a good turn out!
Unlike the tournaments *ba dum tish

Any idea if this will be streamed?

It will be streamed, but if you're anywhere near the area, I definitely recommend you come in person!! :D

By the way, Number 13, some of the info from the FB page will be updated/polished over the next couple of days, so please update your post when it is.

I was going to start this thread myself, but the event organizer didn't tell me the info was going live. This is pretty much how I feel about that.

It will be streamed, but if you're anywhere near the area, I definitely recommend you come in person!! :D
I live in Rhode Island, which is on the east coast :'( But good to hear that it's being streamed!

If you get a good turnout, is this something you plan to do on a monthly or yearly basis?

I'm interested but I wouldn't want to have to drive 5 hours back home immediately afterwards and a hotal is mostly out of the question.

I'm certain there are plenty of people in SoCal who'd be willing to put you up for a night, Maji. ;D

I'm certain there are plenty of people in SoCal who'd be willing to put you up for a night, Maji. ;D
Please stop yelling at me ;_;

Though in all seriousness, if there is anyone willing to put up with me for a night, I would take a much more serious look into seeing if I could go.

Was I yelling at you???? D:
I was kidding around but you unintentionally yelled for me when I was close by a lot at Evo during the tournament. I just find it funny.

Sounds awesome, don't know if it would merit the plane ride from east coast tho...

I was kidding around but you unintentionally yelled for me when I was close by a lot at Evo during the tournament. I just find it funny.

Oh yeah, I remember that! Good times. (Also sorry again ;___;)

Damn I wish I could go, this sounds damn fun. Hate Vegas, its boring here ;-/

Heeey it's so close! I'm in!

Oh I definitely want to go this sounds fun and the tournament could show me if I've gotten better or not.

whats the matter, can't juggle?

Reactions: musica
this sounds interesting, but being about 4 hours away with no reliable car is not fun to deal with. i'll try to go but we'll see what happens.

OP updated with more in depth information notably details on the Skullgirls Tournament and Cosplay Contest. EightySixed will also be on site with merchandise as well.

I am trying to get a pot bonus for tourney or for cos play. Not sure which would be better...

I am trying to get a pot bonus for tourney or for cos play. Not sure which would be better...
Cosplay.

Yeah cosplay.

Would be very silly of me to miss out on this. Not exactly sure if I'll play in the tourney though.

Totally going. Woooo

Cosplay huh? I'm surprised yet not really surprised.

That made no sense. But I will see what I can do!

Cosplay huh? I'm surprised yet not really surprised.

That made no sense. But I will see what I can do!
Well my reasoning is, a pot bonus for the tournament adds an incentive for tournament players to be there, whereas a pot bonus for cosplay adds an incentive for cute girls dressed as Parasoul or w/e to be there, and it's like, if you can only incentivize one of these groups to come to your event...

Well my reasoning is, a pot bonus for the tournament adds an incentive for tournament players to be there, whereas a pot bonus for cosplay adds an incentive for cute girls dressed as Parasoul or w/e to be there, and it's like, if you can only incentivize one of these groups to come to your event...
And if you get the two combined... Oh dear god!
Unless of course, all the cosplayers are just Adam...