• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

Any thoughts about Pokémon GO?

I can say, this was kinda expected and something I at the same time fear. I mean, could be good. Just hope they will NOT switch the serie into just that (also, why only show off Kanto Pokémons?).

However, there was a image (can't remember where I saw it and I'm to lazy to find) where they showed a timeline on all the main games that started a new gen (example; Blue/Green, 1996. Gold/Silver, 1999. Ruby/Sapphire, 2002 and etc.) and the line only showed the year where they got realesed. However, there was a dot that said "2016" but no image on a game or anything there. Any thought?

I don't think 2016 would be GO, or they could just show it for us right then.

I think it's just best to wait and see for now. I know it could be a cool concept though if implemented properly.

I think GO is just a smartphone spin-off, so there's no need to worry. I might get it if it looks interesting enough.
Off-topic though, does anyone have a Winter Form Deerling/Sawsbuck that they're willing to trade in ORAS? I've been trying to find one.

I think GO is just a smartphone spin-off, so there's no need to worry. I might get it if it looks interesting enough.
Off-topic though, does anyone have a Winter Form Deerling/Sawsbuck that they're willing to trade in ORAS? I've been trying to find one.

I have one... but only one. Need make an egg first....

If you ask for 12 days ago, i can catch a new one for you :P

Then I make the egg, i call you!

:( The new generation are not comming... for now... but a Pokémon Z chances are rising :D

New Zigarde forms, New Anime name (Pokémon XY & Z) and maybe a Greninja Megaform?

http://www.serebii.net/

Zygarde reminds me of Xehanort (or Xemnas, whatever) at the end of Kingdom Hearts 2 holy jeez.

GRENINJA getting a mega??? That's, like, the one starter pokemon who ABSOLUTELY doesn't need one. That thing is impossible to fight against and you want to tell me that they're gonna slap a steroid rock onto that beast?

Then again they could change the ability, which is the numero uno reason why it's so dang good.

Give Mega Greninja Wonder Guard. :PUN:

Turn one: Protean to change type.
Turn two: Wonder Guard shenanigans.

I always knew we'd get Kalos Starter Megas. Though Im going to wait for more information before waving a big flag around.

I put this in the Serebii foruns:

I think Z are comming. And...

They said "no new pokemons megaforms" in X and Y. But Diancie gets one in ORAS. I think one the most special thing in the Z game is a bunch of Kalos Megaforms, and the Starter forms are a natural ones. And maybe another Starter Megaform (I choose Gen II starters given by Syncamore with the Megastones... we already has gen I and III Megaforms, Gen IV will be the "next remake" and I think gen VI ones will come with Z, soo only II and V will not get a Megaform, so maybe...)

The Greninja gets the collour of Ash clothes? Ok, but gets some more things too... not clothes or simple changes like of the special pikachu ones (spyked ear pichu, the cosplay pikachu tail). Maybe Greninja will be the first Ash Megaform in the end
biggrin.gif

Only Ideas... who knows?

Is this even Zygarde's final form?!?! Find out next time on POKEMON Z!!!

Although it would be mega (nyuck nyuck) rad if you get the dimpy Zygarde baby thing at the start of Pokemon Z and very slowly build up your own legendary. Cause' that's what the pictures look like!

The question is

Will Zygarde like Rayquaza break the Smogon meta so hard that he will be banned from being banned?

I don't think that's a mega greninja. Just a different look ash will get.

Greninja is insanely popular in Japan. He's like top 5 most popular one. I mean, if you look at competive smash in Japan. There are many players trying to "evolve" Greninjas meta on that game. And yes, I'm confused why he isn't in Pokkén.

However, I'm glad something is happening to Zygarde. Pokémon Z is pretty much confirmed now. Also hope it's a new gen. If not, I hope they add a bunch off new stuffs. X/Y was way to easy and had almost no post game content. ORAS was more fun becous of legendary hunting, mirage islands, even easier breeding and new moves can be learned by existing pokémons. But that's it.

So which one of us is going to be the asshole and park a truck over any mew event near us?

*slams fist on table*
ORDER MECH
ORDER DOG
ORDER SLUG

JUST GIVE ME MEGA GOLURK AND I WILL INDULGE YOU, Z

I didn't get alerts for this, so I'm very late to the discussion...
My thoughts on Pokemon Go are very, very wary. Even if this is just a spin-off (which I doubt it is) everything about it makes me wary.
Whenever developers start putting big releases on mobile it never seems to bode well. I'd much rather them put this effort torwards the next actual installment in the game. The effort is what makes me wonder if it is going to be a spin-off, actually- it might just be me but they're trying really hard to get you excited for the game, just by the trailer.
Speaking of the trailer, my biggest problem with all of this is that not one second of gameplay was shown in it. This might not be a problem if it is just a quick 50 second teaser trailer or something, but this is a 2 minute trailer showing people play the game that we never actually get to see.

Well, this ISN'T the first Pokemon app that they've made, keep that in mind.

Well, this ISN'T the first Pokemon app that they've made, keep that in mind.
I know, but they're treating this game differently. The previous ones weren't given this much attention IMO.

Well, considering even Iwata was one of the people who were pushing this during conception, I am willing to give it a chance.

AshGreninja... now is more like a Mega to me, again.

Uh meanwhile you can only get Hoopa at your fuckin local McDonalds.

what the shit

Hoopa, the only event Pokemon that I really care and gonna be just in Mc Donalds USA (?), fuck to me to live on Mexico OTL

Luckily, using the power of straight-up cheating, Hoopa is one for me to command! Muahahaha!

Hoopa
Wait a minute, Hoopa is real? I don't follow Pokemon much now and last I heard of it it was considered a dodgy leak. It's so stupid looking, and with a name like Hoopa I didn't think it could possibly be real.
Is this how they design Pokemon now? Take a boring item, add an "a" to the end of its name, and make it the theme of its design?
Are we going to have a "phonea" or a "mattressa" now?

600px-720Hoopa-Unbound.png

yeah it's basically just a hula hoop with eyes
wtf is this banjo kazooie garbage, game freak

Reactions: SanoBaron
I mean, it's not like Hoopa is based on djinn.
just hoops.
only hoops.

I mean, it's not like Hoopa is based on djinn.
just hoops.
only hoops.
While this was actually making at designs like Klefki and Vannilite, I never said that their designs were only the item, just that it is just part of the design (mega Hoopa for example has the hoop-shaped chest and holds the rings, things like this). I do still really dislike both Hoopa designs (mega and normal), though.
I feel like Pokemon designs have just gone downhill in general. I used to really like the designs of the new ones and they were all very interesting, when now I really don't like them anymore. I'm not sure if they have run out of ideas or something else, but they have all looked very uninspired.

There are stupid designs in every generation

And great designs in every generation.

Of course, it is impossible to top some designs like Infernape, or Gardevoir, but they are still doing a good job.

And about klefki, if i remember correctly, its design is based on a legend or myth, of some kind of fairy that would steal keys from the people and keep it. So, it is a key, fairy. Simple and effective.

And about klefki, if i remember correctly, its design is based on a legend or myth, of some kind of fairy that would steal keys from the people and keep it. So, it is a key, fairy. Simple and effective.
I understand this, I heard this a while ago, and even if it isn't true it is interesting. My problem with him imo is that a. they don't do much to convey this if it is true and b. I still just don't like his design
And great designs in every generation.
I'm not even being negative (for once) when I say I can't think of a design I genuinely liked from X/Y onward while in the previous generations I can think of a lot of standout designs, personally.

Tyrantrum, Goodra, Mega Gardevoir, Delphox, Chesnaught, Talonflame (a.k.a bravebird), Doublade.

Those are the ones i like a lot.

this just in: Meow-Professor is a saggy buttcheek
more shocking news coming up next

Time to get some McNuggets with your pokemon.

No need to be rude with anyone here, people don't have to agree on everything.

this just in: Meow-Professor is a saggy buttcheek
more shocking news coming up next
I didn't know this was news
Man, you guys need to keep up with the times

Reactions: Ruin and Kyugetsuki
*sprinkles forum salt on McDonalds fires*

Somebody's gotta put out those McDonald's fires

Maybe Hoopa, you can usually find them there nowadays

Reactions: Meow-Professor