• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

Discussed this Pokenews dump with 2 of my friends and we all had mixed feelings with them

Female Friend's opinion was she wasn't really into the Region mons with Vulpix and Sandshrew rather them being more different and having different names. My thinking was she wanted a Silcoon and Cascoon kinda thing.

Male Friend's opinion like mine was we were hyped and excited for all these new mons and where interested in the Z moves.

Our Opinion over all was the new Pokemon were pretty cool and the Alola forms (2 of 3 of us at least). And we are curious about how the Z Moves will play out cause this could be a huge change in the Meta forcing everyone to possibly run switch ins or Protects for Z Move Predictions. since if you block the move then they have a Mon with a useless item now using up their One Z Move per battle. We are also hopeful that we get actual Gyms then just these 4 Island Trails. I agree with Metafogos in that I hope we get Gyms AND Island Trials. With the PokeRiding I hope this means they took a note from the Eon Flute from ORAS so it will let us not need HM slaves or HM's in general *Crosses fingers*. As for the subject of Megas...Well I still hope we get some. Since we all know Flygon was robed of one in ORAS.

@TheGoggledGamer I think they will be shown as the same mon in the Pokedex but with a form slider. But I also think that you will be able to have a Vulpix and Snowpix on the same team since the only differences is where they are caught. In Alola or anywhere else. You would just have to trade a Normal Vulpix over to SM.

Sooo are we not gonna talk about the Aloha vers. of older pokemon? Ya know the artic fox, the snowshrew, fuckin Palmtree dragon. Like are they going to be shown in the Pokedex as a side thing next the original? Are they going to count as the same pokemon, so can't enter a match with duel Ninetails or Sandslashes even they are technically different?

And are we not gonna talk are awesome disco pants mantis is?
lurantis.png

I like the Flower Mantis (and this one is only grass, not a Bug/Grass). I like the variants too, but need get more information about (a lot of people are saying the snow Ninetales are the ultimate dragon slayer), and really hope this Ice variants don't get the spot of new ice pokemon.

By the way, there is a lot of thing varying by Isles (pokemon forms, trials, totems, guardian pokemons and kahunas)... will be fantastic if we get at last one secret island with all new things for this one too :D

I'll be frank, I love the idea of Alola Pokemon, and there being different variations of other Pokemon (aside from Legendary)
That's a great idea, and it also helps feel like there's more Pokemon, it's def something X&Y could've used with it's 73 New pokemon, I hope they repeat it and refine it in future games.
I guess Pokemon saw the Art Meme of different types of Pokemon.

For the people Curious about SnowSlash and SnowTails's typing effectiveness.

Snowslash - Ice/Steel
x4: Fire, Fighting
x2: Ground
1: Water, Electric, Rock, Ghost, Dark, Steel
0.5: Normal, Grass, Flying, Psychic, Bug, Dragon, Fairy
0.25: Ice
0: Poison

Snowtails - Ice/Fairy
x4: Steel
x2: Fire, Poison, Rock
1: Normal, Water, Electric, Grass, Fighting, Ground, Flying, Psychic, Ghost, Fairy
0.5: Ice, Bug, Dark
0.25: N/A
0: Dragon

These z-moves just make me want another golden sun game with high quality summons and weapon unleashes.

I love how hard Snowtails is gonna shit all over Dragon-Type pokemon.
Really, I'm glad how every game since Black/White has had SOMETHING to shut down the Dragon OPNess since the horseshit that was Hydreigon

250px-Sir_Shootsalot.png

3614179-armor_king_by_jin_05-d5la5wi.jpg

tumblr_mjvfe7YdQc1r0fckyo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
I love how hard Snowtails is gonna shit all over Dragon-Type pokemon.
Really, I'm glad how every game since Black/White has had SOMETHING to shut down the Dragon OPNess since the horseshit that was Hydreigon

Well, Snowtales still has a big problem to counter one Dragon... the Time one

Waiting someone makes an image changing the Worms Holy Donkey with the new Mudbray :PUN:

Or replaces the Frozen's protagonist with the Snowtales :PUJNA:

Last edited:
Lurantis was trained by Captain Commando.

I get the Gumshoo is supposed to be a detective type, but I cannot, for the life of me, unsee Donald Trump. I'm pretty hype about the variations of older Pokemon. The mantis pokemon is adorable...gah, I need a 3DS. TwT

I'm probably not gonna use the coked-out luma but I respect its existence

Even the planet are making merchandising for Sun/Moon!!

vulcao.jpg

Kilauea volcano in Hawaii are now a giant Mimikyu!!! :PUJNA:

By the way, there is a lot of thing varying by Isles (pokemon forms, trials, totems, guardian pokemons and kahunas)... will be fantastic if we get at last one secret island with all new things for this one too :D
How do you hide geography? "Wow, turns out our region has a fifth island we just never noticed this whole time!"

you need the blessing of all the guardians to see in to the S P O O P Z O N E

I'm probably not gonna use the coked-out luma but I respect its existence

Does that mean we can't eat them?

tumblr_ob8yhnyEkB1rcunhzo1_540.png

Reactions: TechPowah
How do you hide geography? "Wow, turns out our region has a fifth island we just never noticed this whole time!"

"Mirage Island"

Am I the only one who thinks the male protagonist is imitating the Koichi meme pose?

How about all the attempts to do JoJo Poses for the Z Attacks?

Naw those poses are Viewtiful Joe Approved. Henshin A Go Go Baby!

Something something mundie
sonic_lost_world___zavok_3d_render_by_ratchetmario-d8ed6ab.png

latest

So, apparently, the fire guys profile says that he likes to study the ways of the Fire-types with his Marowak.

Fire-type Alolan Marowak confirmed?

Also, the new long necked Alolan version of the palm tree is an Internet meme.

So, apparently, the fire guys profile says that he likes to study the ways of the Fire-types with his Marowak.

Fire-type Alolan Marowak confirmed?

Also, the new long necked Alolan version of the palm tree is an Internet meme.

A lot of sites are talking about a probably Alolan Marowak. I think this will be ground/fire (Magma). And maybe a alolan Cubone.

After almost 20 years they finally gave some love to my favorite pokémon...

And they make him 4x weak to fire with one of the most useless abilities ever devised

Someone inside game freak must hate sandslash with fervor! Wasn't making a pokémon that replaced and improved him in every possible way (excadrill) enough suffering?

Give sandslash a good mega!

Something tells me megas are not gonna be relevant whatsoever this gen

Something tells me megas are not gonna be relevant whatsoever this gen
I'm sure they will; it's just that they gotta show off our shiny new toy first. My theory is that you can have a Z move on a pokemon or a Mega Evolution, but not both. Besides, I dont think GF would be so cruel as to send Beedrill back to the Shadow Realm.

After almost 20 years they finally gave some love to my favorite pokémon...

And they make him 4x weak to fire with one of the most useless abilities ever devised

Someone inside game freak must hate sandslash with fervor! Wasn't making a pokémon that replaced and improved him in every possible way (excadrill) enough suffering?

Give sandslash a good mega!
They also said that Alola Sandslash is slower than regular Sandslash.

I'm sure they will; it's just that they gotta show off our shiny new toy first. My theory is that you can have a Z move on a pokemon or a Mega Evolution, but not both. Besides, I dont think GF would be so cruel as to send Beedrill back to the Shadow Realm.
Z-Moves require you to hold a Z-Crystal, so they're mutually exclusive with Mega Stones.

M-Rayquaza though...

Someone show me where the leaker apparently said Litten Final Evo is Fire/Dark because I'm trying to show my friends it's not another F/F and they refuse to believe me

It's been constantly refered to as an "evil Heel" in just about every leak, and we all know Dark type is Evil in Japan so...

Also, have a master post of all the leaks we that have some validity thus far.

1470156868724.jpg

It's been constantly refered to as an "evil Heel" in just about every leak, and we all know Dark type is Evil in Japan so...

This is also a reason as to why we haven't seen a Dark Type Gym because Gyms are supposed to represent a positive message in their respective towns.

I REALLY hope we don't get another Fire/Fighting starter...

I REALLY hope we don't get another Fire/Fighting starter...

Naw it won't happen. Instead now we are gonna get a slew of Adding Dark type to Starters like Greninja now.