• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

I'm just glad to see Rai is on a constant state of surfin on it's tail.
tumblr_o4ise4nuBJ1v5gk1xo1_400.gif

887.jpg
704.jpg_large

Last edited:
Japanese trailer is live.

The most beautiful things about the "Alola" forms is not the Alola forms himself, but the open possibilities to others Regional Pokemons in others games, especially in the remake ones.

Like Katana Aegislash in Kanto/Johto.

The prehistorical pokemon can get a new form in a "Time Stopped Cave" and get his tipping without the fossil common Rock.

(and I still waiting for the Dark Mewtwo in Alola)

English trailer is up. THAT TEAM SKULL THEME THO.

Interesting detail I noticed, Alolan Raichu is able to learn Psychic. Which makes sense since it's a Psychic type now, but I'm wondering if Alolan forms get exclusive movesets, or if the regular form can now learn these moves too for coverage.

My only worry about Alolan forms is that they will be counted as 'New Alolan'. I just hope that 60 or 40% of the Alolan Dex is Alolan forms cause I wanna see unique designs of brand new Pokemon instead of cool redesigns of Old Pokemon.

Also I find it weird how the Sand Castle wasn't mentioned in the trailer today. Which makes me think that we will get another info drop via a trailer next week to show off the Sand Castle plus extra (Either Pokemon/Alolan Forms or Mechanics)

PS: Totally nicknaming Wishiwashi Ms. Frizzle or Magic School Bus

I make a short list of the Alolan Pokemons by far (already pictured, hinted ones or the starter clause). We already hit 49 new mons!!! Lets hope for a least 100!!!

Rowlet
???
???

Litten
???
???

Poplio
???
???

Rockruff
???

Komala

Pikipek
???
???

Yungoos
Gumshoos

Grubbin
Charjabug
Vikavolt

Drampa

Bruxish

Cutiefly

Togedemaru

Salandit

"Nuikoguma"
Bewear

Mimikyu

Wimpod

Bounsweet

Comfey

Mudbray
Mudsdale

Minior

Formantis
Lurantis

Oricorio

"Sunabaa"
"Shirodesuna"

Wishwashi

Pyukumuku

Morelull

Tapu Koko
???
???
???

Solgaleo
Lunala

Magearna

(note: name in " dont have a english name by now)

Im not counting the possible 3rd legendary and any possible evolution for the ones already in the list (because some of then will be probably have an evolution... the grass ones is an example)

I'd be happy with at LEAST 100 new original mons. Just as long as GF doesn't include the Alolan mons towards that I'll be happy with it.

You know what I realized -well awhile ago but never really thought about it-, Alola pokemon means new shinies for them as well.
The only reason I bring this up now is because what of Executor? Will his shiny pallet be the same? Every Alola form is different colors other than him.
Also I just want Snowslash's Shiny to be Black and Rai's to be Silver

Imagen Raichu's Shiny is just Normal Raichu Colors :3

You know what I realized -well awhile ago but never really thought about it-, Alola pokemon means new shinies for them as well.
The only reason I bring this up now is because what of Executor? Will his shiny pallet be the same? Every Alola form is different colors other than him.
Also I just want Snowslash's Shiny to be Black and Rai's to be Silver

Not only the Shinies: Exeggcute, Pikachu and Cubone already has Hidden abilities, and the new forms evolves from then. So, the new alola forms probably will have Hidden Abilities to, then can be different from the original evolution.

(Is not the case of the others... all the evo line has a new form, and forms and HA go to egg because the female... so, initially, we cannot use the old HA pokemons to get in the new forms in this case).

Only good one though would be Lightning Rod Alolan Raichu. Battle Armor Alolan Marowak (No crits) is meh compared to Lightning Rod. Well I guess Harvest may be better usage wise compared to using Frisk to see what a opponent has for Exeggcute.

Only good one though would be Lightning Rod Alolan Raichu. Battle Armor Alolan Marowak (No crits) is meh compared to Lightning Rod. Well I guess Harvest may be better usage wise compared to using Frisk to see what a opponent has for Exeggcute.

If Gamefreaks keep the actual HA. Marowak already change one of this normal abilities. Maybe they change the HA in the Alolan forms. Its possible :D

I kinda doubt they'll have a whole separate set of hidden abilities too.

Aha I called it. I knew we were gonna get more info this week. This time they'll probably will show off the Sand Castle officially this time plus extra.

or

that was just a normal palm tree with coconuts.
Those don't look like regular coconuts.

They're the same color as Eggsecutor's heads.

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah they're the coconuts from Super Mario Sunshine

180px-SMSMelon.png

Alolan Exeggcutor was in Super Mario Sunshine

game theory: alolan exxeggcutor is pianta #24?!

Alolan Exxeggcuter was in my backyard and dug a 20 feet hole to look into my window

Reactions: CountofBleck
Maybe the real alolan exeggutor was inside of us this entire time

We'll see when we get the nitty gritty stats on our new Pokemon/Alolan forms. Though I doubt Alolan Exeggutor will be on par with M Sceptile. Thinking RU or lower.

Well, maybe. They'll probably make Alolan Exeggutor decent enough, though probably not spectacular either.
At the very least, Alolan Exeggutor will be a Grass/Dragon that doesn't require a Mega Stone, so you can run a different Mega with it. That's probably not much, but it's something.

Here's hoping some of the other Alolan forms are good tho. Raichu in particular, even if it's just for outspeeding damn near everything on Electric Terrain (which it better; I'd really like to avoid the situation where Surfer Raichu's speed is only respectable when Surge Surfer is activated) and having, I dunno, Quick Attack or something to beat other mons' priority moves.

afaik, someone already did the math and calculated that Surge Surfer Raichu, with no changes to normal raichu's speed, can outspeed Speed Deoxys

i'd call that pretty fast

afaik, someone already did the math and calculated that Surge Surfer Raichu, with no changes to normal raichu's speed, can outspeed Speed Deoxys

i'd call that pretty fast
That is indeed pretty fast. Now hopefully they'll keep Raichu's speed either the same or buff it a little.
Hopefully the former, so they can buff Surfer Raichu's Special Attack so it can get the most out of its moveset (which I'm assuming will have Thunderbolt/Thunder/Psychic, all special moves).
Not betting on Surfer Raichu getting Physical/Special Defense, seems like the rodent won't be built for taking hits, ever.

Wonder if the Alolan forms'll get different Hidden Abilities. It'd make sense for at least Ninetales, since Drought on an Ice-type sounds like a terrible idea.

Also, kinda worried about Alolan Marowak. Sure, it'll be able to ignore 3 types (Normal/Fighting/Electric) with Lightning Rod (even getting a boost from Electric attacks), but it'll probably be paying for that in some way. Doubt it'll end up terrible (3 immunities is a good thing, generally speaking), but I do have to worry a little, since I like its design and want it to be good.

And on a non-Alolan-form note, Pyukumuku better have really high HP and nonexistent defenses with an ability like Innards Out. I can already see myself sending it out whenever I see something strong that I don't want to deal with so Innards Out can pseudo-Destiny-Bond it out of my way, and I want this to be doable in-game too.

I wonder with Innards Out if it would count towards using Self-Destruct/Explosion or it would treat Innards Out's Recoil on the enemy as 0 damage since you are taking yourself to 0 and then dealing damage. Cause other wise It would be the Mon to use Purely to get rid of something you don't want to deal with. Or a quick ending when your smashing someone and they are down to 1 mon left and you have Pyukumu though I see this thing evolving.

Can't wait for the information we are getting today. They are probably gonna officially reveal The Ghost Sand Castle as well as other things.

I'd be cool for Raichu to get a Electric or Psychic priority move so you could do Nasty Plot Focus Slash into Priority or Big Damage. With Volt Switch and some Clerical healing It could be a monster if they think about continuing to support Electric Terrain. I was always interested in Weather dependent abilities teams like Sunny Day or Rain Dance teams so I hope to see more Weather/Terrain support for interesting team possibilities.

I wonder with Innards Out if it would count towards using Self-Destruct/Explosion or it would treat Innards Out's Recoil on the enemy as 0 damage since you are taking yourself to 0 and then dealing damage. Cause other wise It would be the Mon to use Purely to get rid of something you don't want to deal with. Or a quick ending when your smashing someone and they are down to 1 mon left and you have Pyukumu though I see this thing evolving.
Pyukumuku probably won't get Self-Destruct or Explosion, but if it did it'd probably do no Innards Out damage, since, like you said, you go to 0 and then deal damage. I think, I don't remember.
Hopefully the poor sea cucumber gets Quick Attack or something tho so it can deal a little damage before it fulfills its purpose of dealing massive damage via Innards Out (making it slightly more likely to KO the other mon, would be nice, yeah?).
I'm not so sure about evolution, though it'd be cool, so long as it keeps Innards Out and continues having no defenses and just gets titanic HP and maybe some Speed.

Can't wait for the information we are getting today. They are probably gonna officially reveal The Ghost Sand Castle as well as other things.
We're getting new info? Cool. I'll be back later today then.

I'd be cool for Raichu to get a Electric or Psychic priority move so you could do Nasty Plot Focus Slash into Priority or Big Damage. With Volt Switch and some Clerical healing It could be a monster if they think about continuing to support Electric Terrain. I was always interested in Weather dependent abilities teams like Sunny Day or Rain Dance teams so I hope to see more Weather/Terrain support for interesting team possibilities.
I agree.
They'll probably make the Terrains more of a thing this gen, since it was introduced last gen and now they can build mons around it (like Surfer Raichu, for example). They've already got Tapu Koko (the chicken mask thingy, that's what TVTropes calls it and I'm going with that) with its Electric Terrain-all-the-time ability, and I think Xerneas had something like that last gen (can't check for myself, traded mine for a Yveltal), and now Surfer Raichu can take advantage of Electric Terrain to become extra fast, so there's hope on that front.

Hopefully the news today shows more than the Sandcastle. Wonder what Alolan forms we'll get. Alolan Pikachu, perhaps? Since there's Alolan Raichu, it'd make sense, yeah?

can we please buff Hail
or anything related to Ice-type
is that so much to ask, game freak

can we please buff Hail
or anything related to Ice-type
is that so much to ask, game freak

I agree. Ice needs more love. Give Hail boost in Ice/Water cut Fire or increase Evasion like Snow Cloak as well as give Ice Types more Evasion for their bad defensive typing.

We're getting new info?

Yeah I get my info on Serebii also I kinda knew we would get more info since I noticed a pattern where usually we get Pokemon News on 2 days on 2 weeks (the Second and Third weeks) per month. (Though it may escalate since we still don't know much and there is only 3 months left to go :D) Serebii - "It has been confirmed that Shigeki Morimoto is going to show some live Pokémon Sun & Moon gameplay footage at Gamescom in Cologne on Thursday. This footage will be streamed through Nintendo Germany's Twitch channel from 17:00 CEST, which is 16:00 BST, 11:00 EDT and 08:00 PDT. It's not currently known what will be shown in this but we'll report on any new information as it comes"

I'm not so sure about evolution, though it'd be cool, so long as it keeps Innards Out and continues having no defenses and just gets titanic HP and maybe some Speed.

The reason I think it will get an evolution is because some pokemon just Look like they are a pre-evolution. With Mudsdale it has the case were it looks intimidating enough to look stand alone. As for the Starters they are a great example of Pokemon that just Look like they are pre-evolutions. You can usually tell by a pokemon's intimidation factor of how grand it is. But there are the rare exceptions.