• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

TWO WEEKS, EVERYONE.

We SG now.

Fuck... two weeks already?

I have a midterm the Monday after release... In other words, just over two weeks until asdgbfkjwebfwuibqwefhbwefb I hate school...

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
As per personal tradition, I'm spoiling myself to everything there is to know about this game the second the information becomes available.

(I won't post it here if you guys don't want me to. Otherwise, abandon thread if you want to avoid spoilers!)

still, while there'd be segments, eventually the "top" guys would see themselves as too good to get a challenge on the group and go away.

AAND, there's a gigantic "skill gap" between knowing how the game mechanics work and using then to your advantage and being a competitive player in pokemon.

it's like the difference between someone that breeds pokemons to have "exchangeables" and fill the pokedex and maniacs that breed the same pokemon over 20 times to get an ev/iv/personality/whatever perfect

even if you look in smogon the best moves for your type of pokémon, you won't abandon your favorite just to add a "top tier" you hate.

that's the gap between a casual and competitive players IMO.

roughly translating, the moment you cast away your preferences, tastes and "personality" away in favor of eficiency, you're no longer playing it "just for fun", it became "serious business" for you, you're no longer a casual.

That's why i'm sure i'll never be a competitive player. even if sandslash and scyther/scizor were the worst pokémon in the game, i'd still find a way to put them in my team because they're my favorites.

Agree all the way, I'm never gonna cast away my preferences to compete. My team almost always boils down to how cute or amazing my Pokes look. I'd rather get roasted with my homegrown crappy team I adored from the start than a team full of perfect powerbred pseudo legendaries. Dragonite and Garchomp are so damn ugly they won't be anywhere near my team EVER.

Someone broke the street date! WE HAVE OUR FIRST LEGIT LEAKER!

HE'S POSTING SCREENSHOTS OF HIS PLAYTHROUGH!!!

Looks like I have to log in to Instagram to see.
Which means I have to create an account.
TEMPTATION = RESISTED

I still remember, way back, with the release of Gen III looming over my head... I was going to try my hardest not to spoil myself, but I gave in... looked at the entire list of new Pokemon. It was then that I knew I wasn't strong enough.

Also just for the record.
Bulbapedia has locked their site down to prevent X & Y spoilers.
Good on them

Serebii's also opting out of posting leaks, which will make it much easier for me to resist.
This time, almost 10 years later, I shall redeem myself.

(I won't post it here if you guys don't want me to. Otherwise, abandon thread if you want to avoid spoilers!)

It's been a pleasure.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ7
*jumps off ship*

I spoiled myself stupid on Gen 5 and I'm still enjoying it. I got nothing to lose lol.

BRING ON THE NEXT 10 DAYS!

I spoiled myself a little...

But there wasn't anything "big"

GAF was going a little bit crazy with the guy who was posting..

I hate that I will have to wait till the end of the month THE FRICKING END! ):

I hate how I'm getting all the juicy leaks and I cna't show any of you because you would be super mad at me...

RESIST TEMPTATION METER MALFUNCTIONING
CRITICAL
CRITICAL
CRITICAL
CRITICAL
CRITICAL
CRITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

There's a scan of Swirlix and Spritzee's evos on serebii. I'm glad I made the right choice between these two lol.

You asked for it! I present to you, Fennekin's final Evo (Also another leaked pokemon):

GJvoqHZ.png

nxzgQGy.jpg

You asked for it! I present to you, Fennekin's final Evo (Also another leaked pokemon):

GJvoqHZ.png

nxzgQGy.jpg

DAMN I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE STAYED AWAY FROM THIS THREAD, I FREAKING PRESSED THE SPOILER OUT OF UNCONSCIOUS HYPE AND SAW WITHOUT FIRST READING YOUR POST. MY EYES-

Oh freakin' well. For those who don't want to see, I won't tell. Don't suffer my fate. But I will tell you that any Fire master would be happy with this one. (Especially with the type, it seems.)

C'mon give me Chespin final form

I already saw that one a while ago...

I don't know what to think about it lol

Um, yes. Gamefreak. I know its only 10 days away, but can we see if MegaVenusaur has an X version form? KTHNXBAI!

Aaaand I'm not done! I got Froakie's too. This one was out a while ago, but everyone thought it was fake (They also thought it was a certain typing)

1380749776797.jpg

And no, I don't have the Chespin evo because amazingly enough, no one cares about him enough to leak footage of him. I'll keep digging though. I'm sure there's SOMEONE who's seen it.

Reactions: Icky
Oh God, I can't take this anymore. This will be my first time unwatching a thread...goodbye my fellow Trainers, see you again in 10 days! I don't want to leave, but.....sniff.

Aaaand I'm not done! I got Froakie's too. This one was out a while ago, but everyone thought it was fake (They also thought it was a certain typing)

1380749776797.jpg

And no, I don't have the Chespin evo because amazingly enough, no one cares about him enough to leak footage of him. I'll keep digging though. I'm sure there's SOMEONE who's seen it.

Froakie's final evolution clearly took a page right out of Strider. Good thing I chose to start with him as my starter.

Froakie's final evolution clearly took a page right out of Strider. Good thing I chose to start with him as my main.
I'm not happy with it and I'm not exactly happy with Fennekin's either, but it's a good thing I'm team Chespin because fuck yeah best for last!

Oh God, I can't take this anymore. This will be my first time unwatching a thread...goodbye my fellow Trainers, see you again in 10 days! I don't want to leave, but.....sniff.

>Clawsome is hitchhiking
>Car stops
>He gets in
>Fennekin's evo is driving
>Clawsome dissolves into tears

Reactions: Jutsei
Hell to the fucking YES! I LOVE IT! SO GLAD I went Team Chespin! That and Bunnelby's evolution in the spoiler! (As well as the Froakie typing confirmation)

uNor4KA.jpg

6DY4eXZ.jpg

k7gisqf.jpg

I love you guys, and I hope you don't hate me because I have the best starter...

The only Pokemon Spoilers I want are the Final EVOs of the starts, and...
Well, this is a step-up from the previous generation, each one looks unique and goddamned awesome. I think Fennekin's Final evo coulda been more Witchy, but still nice. Chespin's looks like a goddamned mecha. And Froakie is the Pokemon version of Strider. What more could one ask for?

*Starter final evos*
*claws his way back aboard*
I was team Fennekin, but Froakie's 2nd evo made me consier switching, and the 3rd evo has me fully converted.
I was really hoping Fennekin would get a witch hat for the final evo... as it is, it's really underwhelming for me. Froakie, on the other hand... it's a god-damn ninja frog. There's even an attack called "Water Shuriken". ALL OF MY WANT.
But wow, this means that barnacle Pokemon on Pokebeach is probably real. That thing is horrendous looking and may be the first Pokemon I actually hate.

If you'll excuse me...
*jumps back into the water*
*circles thread like some kind of aquatic bear-shark*

~~~ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ~~

The only Pokemon Spoilers I want are the Final EVOs of the starts, and...
Well, this is a step-up from the previous generation, each one looks unique and goddamned awesome. I think Fennekin's Final evo coulda been more Witchy, but still nice. Chespin's looks like a goddamned mecha. And Froakie is the Pokemon version of Strider. What more could one ask for?
she kinda resembles a shinto priestess (in her shape anyway) so I dont mind less focus on witchy when it can be culturally relevant

she kinda resembles a shinto priestess (in her shape anyway) so I dont mind less focus on witchy when it can be culturally relevant

But I think they've made things too complicated. Pokemon is supposed to be it's own culture and own unique thing. Instead, now they're literally drawing from other cultures for ideas. Blah. Still though, nothing will EVER be as bad as Vanillite.

I like Vanillite... it's an ice cream <3

Vanilluxe.png

Say what now

Vanilluxe was one of the best things.

Reactions: Crayolan
But I think they've made things too complicated. Pokemon is supposed to be it's own culture and own unique thing. Instead, now they're literally drawing from other cultures for ideas. Blah. Still though, nothing will EVER be as bad as Vanillite.
Don't you talk shit about Vanillite.

I like Vanillite... it's an ice cream <3
Say what now
Vanilluxe was one of the best things.
Don't you talk shit about Vanillite.

Bring it on, twerps. BRING IT ON

Bring it on, twerps. BRING IT ON
I take it back. clearly a world that has sentient poo-water and scrap metal is clearly not the place for ice cream shaped pokemon.
Kappa.gif
KappaCycle.gif
Kappa.gif

Reactions: Jutsei
I take it back. clearly a world that has sentient poo-water and scrap metal is clearly not the place for ice cream shaped pokemon.

I take it back of course I don't mind Vanillite. I'm a guy that loves all pokemon because my ditto has slept with all of them and their mothers :)

Does that mean I shouldn't bring anything anymore?

Delphox: Well Honedge, it was nice knowing you. RIP my sword ghost compadre.

so now i'll have a shrine maiden fox spirit psychic fire pokémon in my team

seems fine, i get the other starters via trade