• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

UGH 45 MINUTES UNTIL GAMESTOP OPENS. OPEN UP, DAMNIT.

2 MINUTES

HUNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Playing Pokemon X right now.

You can gain experience even if you catch a Pokemon.

YOU CAN GAIN EXPERIENCE EVEN IF YOU CATCH A POKEMON.

That's probably one of the best moves GF has made in a long, long time.

YOUR MOM HAS HER OWN ROOM

I'VE NEVER BEEN SO EXCITED ABOUT A FREAKING ROOM BEFORE

Reactions: Messa
I CAN MAKE MY TRAINER BLACK (OR AT LEAST TANNED)
I CAN SIT DOWN
I CAN GO SHOPPING FOR CLOTHES CAUSE I WANNA WHOOP ASS IN STYLE

AAAAHHHHH SO MANY LITTLE CHANGES BRING SO MUCH HYPE

Sitting on benches is one of the things I have been wanting from Game Freak for a very long time to add to the games.

I was excited since the reveal of X & Y, that Gamefreak realized that playable pokémon trainers come in more colors than Monochrome....

Quick Poll here:

Which Fossil did you guys pick? I went for the Sail because I know everyone else is going for T-Rexes, so I could trade something and have both.

[\spoiler]

I named my Fennekin "S.Mars"

don't you judge me!

don't you judge me!

I named my Butterfree "Malcolm X"

It's on!

Friend code: 1349-5188-9592

Can i make a 3ds Friend code/general gaming data thread?

it'd be useful

Can i make a 3ds Friend code/general gaming data thread?

it'd be useful

I don't see why not. Plus, it should be stickied after it's made. Just keep updating every new friend code that's being posted.

So I'm not sure if you guys all heard about this yet, but GameFreak altered the EV caps. Now the most EVs you can have in a single stat is 252 rather than 255, so you don't have to worry too much about maxing a single stat out and/or keeping track of the actual values.

If you do want to see them though, there's a little trick. Save your game, give the mon a Reset Bag, have them punch away, and your Pokemon's EVs will drop all the way down to zero, but the game tells you the actual number they went down by. Reset the game, and your the amount they dropped by is the amount of EVs that stat has.

Speaking of EVs, for that super training thing they put in, does anybody know if the EVs will stay with a pokemon when it evolves or does it just change?

EVs never change, just the bases. EVs carry over evolutions.

Reactions: Dr.Sanity

don't you judge me!

My Slurpuff's name is Quina and my Doublade's name is Exor. I'm so hung up on nostalgia I can't judge people lol.

Lightning fast saves is the best thing GF has ever done lol.

noq that you mention, that's really a good thing!

I'm having a problem. Before starting the game, I said I would catch 1 of everything I came across.

So far I haven't even made it to the town with the second badge and I've already filled 2 boxes with pokemon and running low on cash for pokeballs.

There are way too many pokemon and I can't even decide on just 6 to keep with me at a time.

Bit of advice. This is what I have planned for both teams as of right now.

X: Greninja, Heliolisk, Charizard, Tyrantrum, Aegislash, and either Slurpuff or Meowstic.
Y: Delphox, Pangoro, Dralgae, Gourgeist, Florges (Have no clue what the final slot is going to be yet)

However I'm thinking of putting Gourgeist on my X Team and Aegislash on my Y Team instead. What do you guys think?

My Slurpuff's name is Quina and my Doublade's name is Exor. I'm so hung up on nostalgia I can't judge people lol.

Lightning fast saves is the best thing GF has ever done lol.

You have a Slurpuff? Tell me, are it's stats and movepool any good? And is it possible to get more than one of the item it needs to evolve in case I decide to breed some moves on to another one later?

I named my Honedge Yoru (Number of people to get that reference with no internet: 1 and counting)

But honestly, I was looking at some random facts and listings in the pokemon universe recently and... does anybody think they seriously need to rethink the ice type? I mean I get that it's not resistant to fire, fighting, rock, and steel, but why is it immune to only itself! Why does grass hit it without a problem? It's grass-type, and the same goes for flying. For god's sake it has 4x power on dragon and it's okay to be hit by it? I think my biggest gripe is lack of any effect both ways on bug types, though. Isn't it difficult for insects to survive at cold temperatures, or is my info wrong?

Last edited:
I named my Honedge Yoru (Number of people to get that reference with no internet: 0 and counting)

That wouldn't happen to be Dracule Mihawk's sword, would it?

I named my Honedge Yoru (Number of people to get that reference with no internet: 0 and counting)

But honestly, I was looking at some random facts and listings in the pokemon universe recently and... does anybody think they seriously need to rethink the ice type? I mean I get that it's not resistant to fire, fighting, rock, and steel, but why is it immune to only itself! Why does grass hit it without a problem? It's grass-type, and the same goes for flying. For god's sake it has 4x power on dragon and it's okay to be hit by it? I think my biggest gripe is lack of any effect both ways on bug types, though. Isn't it difficult for insects to survive at cold temperatures, or is my info wrong?
most plant life needs warmth to survive.
most birds cant fly in a blizzard.
dragons are reptiles and are often associated as fire breathers.
and yes, most bugs cant survive in cold temperatures.

Ice types are fine.
So How's the story, though?
It's pretty good. Although I still love B/W1 for making me feel like I was a kid playing Pokemon for the first time, I am loving all this stuff with Kalos.

Reactions: Jutsei
Ice types are fine.

Ice attacks are fine. Ice typing on a pokemon is pretty shitty more often than not.

Ice attacks are fine. Ice typing on a pokemon is pretty shitty more often than not.
shitty for the ice type or shitty for people having to deal with ice types?

shitty for the ice type or shitty for people having to deal with ice types?
Shitty for the Ice types. Have you ever battled extensively online before? Notice where most of the Ice beams are coming from? WATER type pokémon.

Being an Ice type is just too shitty. It's weak against fire, fighting, rock, and steel. Fire & Fighting pokémon (and moves) are extremely common in competitive play. Stealth rocks will also fuck up an ice type and steel type moves are also used a decent amount. Plus most Ice types have usually crap defense, health, special defense or any combination of the 3.

Being an Ice type sucks major ass.

Shitty for the Ice types. Have you ever battled extensively online before? Notice where most of the Ice beams are coming from? WATER type pokémon.

Being an Ice type is just too shitty. It's weak against fire, fighting, rock, and steel. Fire & Fighting pokémon (and moves) are extremely common in competitive play. Stealth rocks will also fuck up an ice type and steel type moves are also used a decent amount. Plus most Ice types have usually crap defense, health, special defense or any combination of the 3.

Being an Ice type sucks major ass.
yeah.... Ice is super gimped on arrival.

Abomasnow is 4x weak.
Poor guy
well, at least he has a mega-evolution... so maybe that can help?

Bit of advice. This is what I have planned for both teams as of right now.

X: Greninja, Heliolisk, Charizard, Tyrantrum, Aegislash, and either Slurpuff or Meowstic.
Y: Delphox, Pangoro, Dralgae, Gourgeist, Florges (Have no clue what the final slot is going to be yet)

However I'm thinking of putting Gourgeist on my X Team and Aegislash on my Y Team instead. What do you guys think?

You have a Slurpuff? Tell me, are it's stats and movepool any good? And is it possible to get more than one of the item it needs to evolve in case I decide to breed some moves on to another one later?

Its stats are Attack: 107
Defense:101
Sp Attack: 102
Sp Defense: 81
Speed: 90

It's currently at level 46 does that sound any good? I don't know if it's possible to get more than one whipped dream to trade with it. I will say it has a better movepool than my Florges. For an example it can learn Surf and Thunderbolt while Florges seems kinda limited.

Abomasnow is 4x weak.
Poor guy
I was thinking of getting an Aurorus (that new ice-type dinosaur), but then I saw it's two 4x weaknesses (fighting of all things and steel), it's four 2x weaknesses (water, rock, ground, and grass) and it's four .5x resistances and thought to myself: "Whelp, guess it's time for a T-rex to join the crew!"

How are you supposed to evolve Inkay?

Guy's at level 47 already and still has nothing to show for it.

How are you supposed to evolve Inkay?

Guy's at level 47 already and still has nothing to show for it.
Turn your 3ds upside down, the squid pokemon right?

I know it's trolling but for a moment I believed it... Shame on me