• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

For the first time in my life.... I don't know which starter to pick. I mean they're all adorable!

Also Popplio is good and pure.

Apparently Alola is an island region

Get ready for surfing, surfing, and more goddamn surfing

i don't know what ever could imply to you that a region based upon hawaii, an archipelago, would be an island region

My thoughts about the actual information of the 7th generation:

The Alomomola Alola Region:

alola.jpg

Cool, an island region :D And inspired in Hawaii!!! As a person who born in an island city (even if is not Hawaii), i'm still happy!!!

The only point I call attention is about this Isle. A lot of people are thinking THIS is the region. But we can clearly see almost all the island, and some constructions... and we can see this island is very small because the buildings (see the picture).

So, I think this region will really be an archipelago, with a lot of islands. this one is the first one, the "start city". The others can be a lot different, with the others cities and the gyms. And more ecosystems to accommodate all the new pokemons (and types... is hard to find a frost ecosystem to accommodate the Ice pokemons in Hawaii :P )

Another fun part is thinking about how we change to the others islands. Is fun to think about Surf be the first HM :D ... but an excess of water routes can make everyone tired to fight so much Water types...

The Starters:

God! These are a good ones! For the first time I have problem to choose the first one; all are good!

By the way, I'm already decide for one, but can be change... mostly because the 6th generation starters: them they show the first evolutions, I call Fennekin as my starter, because I like foxes and the design of this one are incredible. Chespin is a fine one, but I heavily dislike Froakie design... But this lasts only to the 2nd evolution: Quilladin are ugly, Braixen is ok (besides I dislike the bipedal and the ears...), but Frogadier are another level of F***ness. And, at end, Greninja are my chosen, and I fell sad about Delphox design (the fur in the ears... if then became flames....). So, even if I choose a starter now for the 7th, I can change later...

rowlet.png

Rowlet is my chosen one for now! I always like owls, and this one has a very good design. Because the leaf blow-tie and tail, I think this will became more and more "noble", and maybe get a great leaf cape and a monocle (not one really, but a circular mark around one eye) in the final evolution. But still, a rapine avian, with sharp claws. I like this! This will be my chosen.

litten.png

Litten is a great one too: A fire cat, without any "fire" in the body. But this color call me a "lava" concept, who can be a good one with the archipelago place. And the darker color make me think about this one will be a Fire/Dark pokemon in the last evolution.

popplio.png

The water type one, Popplio, gets my worst initial reaction. I not like the design, but became charmed by his cheerfulness and strong personality. Not enough to make him my chosen, but the necessary to me considerate chosen one from this tree options a hard one. I cannot think about a good second type for hin... and the bubble concept not helps (all bubble attacks in the game are water, so maybe Popplio be a pure Water at end...)

In Anime, in my opinion, Ash will get the Rowlet one; this will resolve both the starter and the obligatory fly in the team. And maybe this is the time to one grass starter shine above de others (yeah, I know... Ash already has a lot of grass starters, and some of became even the last evolution). I really cannot think about who of the others will became the "female protagonist" starter, but there is one thing I can tell: The Litten in the group will be a female, and Meoth will be in love (again, as he does for every female cat pokemon in the anime) :P

The Legendaries

sunbox.jpg
moonbox.jpg

I like the design of both, but this will be easily to me to chosen: I'm always like my sign of the zodiac, so the Sun pokemon are chosen. And, after the weak Pyroar in the last generation, I'm really happy for this powerful-looking lion in my team :D . As a type... Fire... and another other... hard to say...

But the Batmanmoon pokemon are great too! They make him to appear as an skeleton without be an skeleton, and its great. To the type, I call Faerie (as almost all pokemon tied to the moon, and the moon attacks) and maybe Ice as secondary.

Well, both of then are a powerful view; I really don't want find one of then to battle without a proper opponent :P

It is for now!!

Metafogos

Well, unfortunately, the tutorials are always gonna be a thing. Especially considering its always gonna be someone's first Pokemon game. At the very least the tutorials aren't that bad. Just mainly about catching Pokemon.

So, apparently, the reason why Litten's fur is dark is because its fur is full of oil, which it licks off to spit flaming hairballs at people.

Which is metal.

It also points to Litten being part poison in its future evolutions.

Also, the symbol on its head is the symbol for sulfur.

So basically if Litten was part poison, it would be the first Fire/Poison type (I couldn't find Pokemon that weren't fake so I'm assuming here), which is awesome! But it's also going to be x4 times weak to Ground if I'm correct. I can roll with this.

Also that pun.

here's what I think they could do with the Alola starters in terms of stats and movepools that'd make them pretty interesting imo

Rowlet obviously stays Grass/Flying, with a high special stat and a movepool that gives it owl-like moves like Psychic and Dark Pulse for coverage
Litten gets Fire/Poison, and is a mixed attacker with access to both physical and special fire and poison moves to cover the other two starters
Popplio gets Water/Fairy, and is a speedy physical attacker with access to Acrobatics (obviously) in order to give it a means of tackling grass-types that isn't, like, just ice beam or some shit and actual fits its theme

Reactions: PastelOctoling
:/

We already has a lot of psychic legendary....

And already has Psychic/Steel and Psychic/Ghost legendaries (ok... both are mew level legendary, but we already has...)

Maybe the 3th one will be Psychic/Dark...

But I still like then all :D

Psychic/Ghost is garbage tier typing but the ability that lowers damage done to it if it's at full health does make it somewhat less painful

Also why is the moon Pokemon weak to dark and the sun Pokemon weak to fire???

Reactions: CountofBleck
Also why is the moon Pokemon weak to dark and the sun Pokemon weak to fire???

It's symbolic.

Can we talk about the motherfuckin Rotomdex.

It should be a wisecracking son of a gun, voiced by Danny Devito.

When I saw Rotomdex I immediately got flashbacks from Boxy Boy in Parappa.

:/

We already has a lot of psychic legendary....

And already has Psychic/Steel and Psychic/Ghost legendaries (ok... both are mew level legendary, but we already has...)

Maybe the 3th one will be Psychic/Dark...

But I still like then all :D
A Fire/Dark Pokemon that symbolizes Eclipses makes more sense, IMO.

Reactions: Metafogos
A Fire/Dark Pokemon that symbolizes Eclipses makes more sense, IMO.

Agree, but after a Psy/Steel Sun pokemon....

So, after a little bit of digging, turns out that we me be dealing with Alchemy this gen. Litten's patten on its forehead just also happens to be the alchimic symbol for Sulfer, while the symbol for the purification of metals is...a lion devouring the sun.

15cd8d130cc04d0888c73f0424dde810
...combine this with the fact that Its ability is called Full Metal Body, I think this is appropriate too.
tumblr_o85myhUtFf1urjkrio1_540.jpg

Reactions: KZN02
So, after a little bit of digging, turns out that we me be dealing with Alchemy this gen. Litten's patten on its forehead just also happens to be the alchimic symbol for Sulfer, while the symbol for the purification of metals is...a lion devouring the sun.

15cd8d130cc04d0888c73f0424dde810
...combine this with the fact that Its ability is called Full Metal Body, I think this is appropriate too.
tumblr_o85myhUtFf1urjkrio1_540.jpg
Suddenly I remember Ed's English VA voiced Keldeo in one of the Pokemon movies.

This just in: Magneara spotted to have Lasers for hands.
CkLbdimUkAAFgi_.jpg:large

A Rock puppie..

And now we can make a sleepwalk battle between Abra and the new Coala

Heard that Koalamon has an ability that makes it that the only status it can be afflicted with is sleep.

That's... oddly overpowered, like that makes it basically better than every other status absorber ability in the game lmao. Whatev, just hope they don't "balance it out" by giving its evolutions garbage stats haha

Heard that Koalamon has an ability that makes it that the only status it can be afflicted with is sleep.

That's... oddly overpowered, like that makes it basically better than every other status absorber ability in the game lmao. Whatev, just hope they don't "balance it out" by giving its evolutions garbage stats haha

Well, the Furfrou ability is very good too, but the pokemon is not. We need wait to see all about the Koala to know if this will be so strong. But yes... put a sponge pokemon with this ability and no Toxic can force hin out!

Maybe the Koala will be a gimminick pokemon..

Site seemed to be down for the last few days, so Here's a recap of all the info we got:

Zygarde formes: You can fight as Zygarde 10% forme. When its health reaches the danger zone, it will change into Its Complete frome automatiacally, and drastically increase its health. It will also get access to a new move, Core Punisher., which is a sick Z Pattern dragon type lazer.
FREE FOR ALL BATTLE ROYAL MODE: 4 vs 4 mode where each player picks up to 3 mons and duke it out in one arena. Battle ends one one player loses all their mons.
New Pokemon: Yungoos. Normal type, has a new ability, Stakeout, which deals double damage to any pokemon switching in on its attacks.
New Pokemon: Pikipek. Normal/Flying,The bird from the original trailer. Has Skill link for an ability and is hinted to learn Bullet Seed.
New Pokemon: Grubbin. Bug type. Loves electricity. will likely evolve into a Bug/Electric Type.
Magearna's Ability is revealed: Soul Heart. Each time a Pokemon faints, ally or opponent, it's special attack raises.
Solgalaeo and Lunala have new formes, Radiant Sun phase and Full-Moon Phase, after using their signature attacks.
New UI shows if attacks will be effective against an opponent or not.
UI will also help keep track of Buffs and Debuffs of all mons on the field. (this means you can keep track of attack and speed buffs, as well as debuffs and the like)
Each Island has a guardian Pokemon, and your trainer will meet the guardian of your starting island extremely early in the game.
When approaching trainers, the screen will darken, indiating that you will be in their eyesight range soon.

So Solgaleo and Lunala have essentially variants on Rayquaza's mega evolution. Ain't that just GRAAAAAAAAAND?!

Lets not jump to conclusions: these formes are way to tame to be Megas, and not only that, but they are activated by actually using the attacks. Its very different.

I hope so. The last thing I want is more AG level pokemon. One is still too much, thank you.

The Fact that they do not call them mega or Primal Reversion Forms, but more along the lines of Shaymin, Giratina and Keledo Alternate forms made by attacks indicates how the Radiant Sun and Full Moon forms should work.

It's bugging me so badly that they forgot the e in Battle Royale.

Well, the Furfrou ability is very good too, but the pokemon is not. We need wait to see all about the Koala to know if this will be so strong. But yes... put a sponge pokemon with this ability and no Toxic can force hin out!

Maybe the Koala will be a gimminick pokemon..
I just hope that he gets good stats, and a Ghost secondary evolution typing.