• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

POKKEN

TCG Online isn't a fangame, you're already google'd it by this time though. Published by Pokemon Company for Win/Mac/iPad.
And I don't hold Pokken in the same tier as LoZ, handheld Pokemons and other Nintendo franchises.

And before your heads explode, I'll add: I just want to say that I wouldn't be surprised if it was released for platforms other than Nintendo's.

Last edited:
TCG Online isn't a fangame, you're already google'd it by this time though. Published by Pokemon Company for Win/Mac/iPad.
And I don't hold Pokken in the same tier as LoZ, handheld Pokemons and other Nintendo franchises.

Doesn't matter what fucking tier it's in, it's still not coming to PC because of Nintendo. how about buy a Wii u if you want to play it.

A chill pill, here, take it.
--
Also, people, don't listen to the guy above: wait for E3 and NX news.

And I don't hold Pokken in the same tier as LoZ

Okay, but what about the Oracle games or Hyrule Warriors?

Another thing to note is that Pokemon TCG was not developed by the normal big game industry devs, it was in all likeliness supposed to be for PC specifically (especially in the advent of TCGs moving to PC).

While FGs are getting more PC support, they are still console based in all aspects, with the exception of Rising thunder and smaller projects like Pocket fighter/TFH. There is no do or die initiative to prioritize PC development for this genre yet, so that further lowers any chances of a port.

There are extremely few exceptions to Nintendo putting out their mainline games on things that aren't their consoles, and while its not impossible that they could take exception, it's still overwhelmingly likely that there will be no PC port.

Reactions: Magma442
Why are you keep talking about PC? It would be their last thought. Let's think about PS4.

Why are you keep talking about PC? It would be their last thought. Let's think about PS4.
Why in God's name would Nintendo put their game- one of their best selling franchises, I might add, on a rival console?

You know what? No. I'm not doing this. Pokken is a Wii U exclusive, Its been advertised as a Wii U exclusive, Its going to stay a Wii U exclusive. Any more discussion is pointless.

Reactions: Cyberbeta
https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

Pokken Early access tournament is live.

Currently is Senior division, after that will be Masters, and finally, the Pro division, where Justin Wong and friends will strut their stuff.

Nintendo put a game on a phone so when is Pokken on Iphone?

I would never troll

when are we getting Pokken for the Neo Geo pocket.

Justin Wong got the first Perfect I've seen in this game. Man is downloading people like crazy.

Final results of Pokken Early Access Tournament

1. Wayland (Blaziken, Frogadier/Eevee)
2. Cayden (Sceptile, Cubone/Diglett)
3. Zaid (Garchomp, Emolga/Fennekin; Garchomp, Yveltal/Latios)
3. Kai (Pikachu, Frogadier/Eevee)
5. Ayame (Blaziken, Snivy/Lapras)
5. Cameron (Pikachu, Frogadier/Eevee)
5. Munir (Blaziken, Frogadier/Eevee)
5. Dylan (Garchomp, Reshiram/Cresselia)

1. Jeffrey (Weavile, Frogadier/Eevee)
2. Tevin (Charizard, Frogadier/Eevee)
3. Jessie (Charizard, Cubone/Diglett)
3. Broderick (Gardevoir, Yveltal/Latios)
5. David (Pikachu, Reshiram/Cresselia)
5. Ivan (Blaziken, Reshiram/Cresselia)
5. Julian (Machamp, Cubone/Diglett; Machamp, Emolga/Fennekin)
5. Nicholas (Machamp, Rotom/Togekiss; Machamp, Cubone/Diglett)

1. EG|Justin Wong (Weavile, Frogadier/Eevee)
2. PG|Rip (Pikachu, Frogadier/Eevee)
3. l|Nairo (Mewtwo, Frogadier/Eevee; Mewtwo, Croagunk/Sylveon)
3. NYC Fab (Sceptile, Reshiram/Cresselia; Sceptile, Yveltal/Latios; Charizard, Emolga/Fennekin)
5. PG|ESAM (Pikachu Libre, Cubone/Diglett)
5. Justin Flynn (Gengar, Cubone/Diglett; Shadow Mewtwo, Yveltal/Latios)
5. Tasty Steve (Blaziken, Mismagius/Ninetales)
5. iQHQ|DKwill (Machamp, Emolga/Fennekin)

I don't suppose the vods for those are available on YouTube/accessible on Twitch? I didn't get to watch it live but I'd love to check out the matches.

My Chandelure is gonna put in work tomorrow tbh

My Chandelure is gonna put in work tomorrow tbh
I've seen Chandelure and Braixen the least of all the fighters. Granted, they were some of the last to be put in the game, but still. I'll join you for Shenan-delure adventures.

I want to play braixen, or gardevoir

Has anyone played this game online yet? What's the word on the netcode?

the word is "fantastic"

the word is "fantastic"
I'm not sure I'd go with "fantastic", but it's pretty solid. I've definitely run into a couple matches that had some really bad issues, but the majority so far have been totally playable. I will say though, so far I haven't had to wait more than a couple seconds to find a match, it's crazy fast (we'll see how/if this changes as the launch hype dies down).

Did any of you get the special Hori controller for this game? Is it any good? I've been having some frustrating input errors using the WiiU gamepad, and I can't tell if it's the gamepad's fault or the game's fault. Things like, I push Back/Forward+Button and instead I get the move for Down/Up+Button.

I wanna play this game so bad but I'm questioning if it's worth 60 dollars (to me)

game looks great, I hope I can play sometime soon

It's Shark week, ladies and gentlemen
I hope the next pokémon stadium/colosseum game has attack animations this good.

It was such a treat to see pokémon tournaments played in console level graphics back then...

Reactions: juju_for_president
XD
And people keep saying this game has no depth.
  • Multiple battle phases
  • mobility options for each phase differ by character
  • attack options differ by character depending on phase
  • Legit comboes
  • Legit setups and mix-ups
  • Guard break
  • Extremely varied attacks
  • All the characters feel different (going by word-of-mouth)
  • Stance based passive abilities
  • Supports/Assists add variety
Honestly, my only complaint with this game (Note that I've yet to play it, but plan to) is that some supers do waaaay too much damage for my taste.

EDIT: And a half complaint is that the phase shift transition should do more to signify a phase shift. When I was first watching videos, all the other effects associated with phase shifts made me think it was due to the damage being done. There was so much going on that I didn't pay attention to the "phase shift" text. I know what to look for now, but as a spectator that hadn't played the game's tutorials, I didn't always notice phase shifts.

Last edited:
Been browsing around some nice tourney footage. In the meantime, have this nice slammixtape

Scizor is cool but stop denying the Gen 5 love

well, gen 5 is probably the best gen imo.

an enemy team that made you feel bad and a rival that didn't challenge you not only physically, but mentally too.
and it gave us some memorable pokemon.

also, a dataminer on reddit have discovered some files hinting to some DLC characters on the way

Got a link to this thread on reddit?

Empoleon, Darkrai and Scizor. Three of my favourites. This would be a lot more exciting if I had a WiiU.

I always wondered how Scizor didn't make the cut.