• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

POLL: Keep Fukua in the game?

Should Fukua stay in the game?

• Yes!

Votes: 383 88.7%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 50 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
99% of people that voted "Yes" who spoke up here blatantly insulted L0 by stating Fukua was 'the best character'. Lalala

Who are all these people, anyways? 350 votes? I'm almost sure there are no 350 unique posters in the entire Gameplay section. Did they all make an account just for this?

Don´t you think are a little dramatic?

people are just mad salty cuz they lost to her and think shes cheap lulz. But in all seriousness some of you guys need to chill the fuck out. so what if she looks like filia, she plays different, and i doubt mike and Lab Zero are being lazy turds.

You know, a lurker .. lurks.
Pretty sure a lurker with an account (or even one that hasn't until now but plays the game often to care about the fukua issue) would be willing to spend 5 seconds clicking "yes" and then "submit" to keep fukua in.
I mean, look at the bottom of the page and count the number of names you recognize. And this is well after the initial rush of votes, and at a time that many people are at school or work. It's not a big mystery where the votes came from.

Reactions: Wenzel
tbh I agree with isavulpes, but I like the way the character plays and more characters with different playstyle is just nice to have even if this one is kinda not up to par with the rest of the cast.

I'd like to see some changes done, but do what you can with what time/resources you have to spare.

also to everyone who is going WOWWW I FUKENNNN LUV THIS CARCUTER SHES SO GUD
can't w8 for all of you to drop her once you realize she kinda suck a lot.

tbh I agree with isavulpes, but I like the way the character plays and more characters with different playstyle is just nice to have even if this one is kinda not up to par with the rest of the cast.

I'd like to see some changes done, but do what you can with what time/resources you have to spare.

sucks alot? Where have you been? her crossups are ridiculous. She's an amazing character...

SHE MUSSSST STAAAYYYY

sucks alot? Where have you been? her crossups are ridiculous. She's an amazing character...

Play me or anyone decent and try blocking or avoiding me long enough to even get anything started. I bet you can't do it.

Reactions: gllt
I'm in favor of Fukua but this is a bad argument. Even if you don't play Fukua, you still have to play against people using her.
Touche.

@Number 13

1. I have trouble believing anything Mike Z would State at this point, we all believed we were only getting 5 characters and just because he felt like it we get a new subpar one (again great Aprils fools joke, but not worth staying), how am i certain hes not going to make Sqiffly or any other recycled assets character a thing just for the sake of the "Lulz"? Because he said so?

2. IsaVulpes Worded this one better than i could've of

3. Marie was used for the sake of an example, the point i was making there is that people seem to consider a Fun to play character enough of a reason to include them without considering how it would affect the rest of the games quality of life and reputation.

4. I said what i said there because i am really dissapointed that people find pissing on your own master piece a fun thing to do.

Robo fortune has been on the backburner for a long time though, she probably has gone through multiple iterations at least from an idea perspective, and if she end ups being sub par, i'd probably voice my concerns about it just like i am here.

I started playing this game because i thought it was trying to be different and help build possible healthier design philosophies for the games to come, i guess i was wrong there...

5. I know where her name came from, i just said what it looked like for me because its relevant to how its makine me feel

i swear, i dont even know why i even come to SH anymore, we cant have a civil debate about anything concerning gameplay or characters without somebody being upset or what not.
Play me or anyone decent and try blocking or avoiding me long enough to even get anything started. I bet you can't do it.

case in point. if it was up to me id lock this thread and keep the poll up.

I'm not upset. Looking at Fukuw/e from a players perspective I'm genuinely curious if anyone has what it takes to beat me with her. Of course that's not the point of this thread so w/e -_^b

Fukua's animations seem fine to me. IF she needs an actual fireball then can use Squigly's 1-Inch Punch or a bigger version of Double's Lugar Replica heck if you want to get fancy use the eye lasers *wink wink* >w<, but honestly aside from a few touch-ups already mentioned (some frames balancing and so on). She seems "done" to me. She's fun and does play with a bit of a different mind set to her original. ...Now to go draw her... >.>

Reactions: SHODAN
99% of people that voted "Yes" who spoke up here blatantly insulted L0 by stating Fukua was 'the best character'. Lalala

Yeah probably the only bad part I've seen of people is that claim. Sure shes fun but I wouldnt say shes the best thing in the world. I still personally vote to keep her though since I find her more fun than Filia to use.

Reactions: erkicman
well you should of said that before or i wouldn't of put you on the spot. i feel bad, thanks :P

Yeah, I never said she was the best character, just that I think she's better than Filia.

never really got into Fukua, but IMO shes not that much better. im more comfortable with Rushdown Characters, but to each his own.

soooo what like 4 or so people declare shes the best and suddenly the rest of us are lumped in the same declaration?

I don't post much but I looked at this thread for less than 5 mins and I already have a headache with people's retarded logic about why she can't stay in.

If you don't like the design or character design that's fine and valid points. But when you bash Mike Z for giving US something free and enjoyable... You've all went full retard.

Never go full retard

who gives a shit what she looks like, she plays differently than the other characters. more diverse character selection = better game. period.

Reactions: erkicman
So the war already begun....!!!

l37uJ8.jpg

Naw yours is full of list and details many others have some different reasons I only lump together when it actually is the same *nods*

who gives a shit what she looks like, she plays differently than the other characters. more diverse character selection = better game. period.

I wouldn't play this game if e.g. Filia and Parasoul were the only 2 characters and they had color/move swaps to fill out the equivalent of the current roster.

People who care about what the game looks like care what she looks like. The previous example was obvious hyperbole to get the point across, but any clone characters are a step in the wrong direction aesthetically.

I want more zoners in the game, and more differing playstyles would be great too. I don't want it if it gets added in the form of Filia with a few animations swapped.

At this point discussion is fairly pointless though since it's obvious she'll remain in the game.

Reactions: dMags and Erreip199
I respect that you voiced your opinion regardless of its validity in this disscussion @Merlock

I don't think anyone has brought this up, but her fireball spawns behind Cerebella when done at point blank range. From looking at it i slow mo, I think that it's because of how Cerebella leans froward when standing. The only way I could think about fixing it is either having a slightly larger projectile, which does run the risk of it being a crossup instead of hitting normally, or spawing the projectile closer to fukua's body.

Over all I'm really loving playing as her, and she has some nice corner combos and crossover set ups. I definitely think she should stay in the game.

First, I respect the opinions who do not agree with her inclusion

But at this point the character is gonna stay, be balanced, and tweaked. Might as well accept that. I like this character, she fits my play style, so I have no issues with her staying, for the first time in weeks I have picked this game up and spent a lot of time in the lab just learning what she can do, I feel she is unique enough to stay. I am a guy of reason, so I see why it would be best that she isn't included in the game, but as a gamer, there is never anything wrong with a free new character to screw around with.

That j.hk is a bit too easy to cross under, I can see that button needing a lot of readjusting, but other than that, she is a cool new toy to play around with until the other characters drop.

I like the EX character idea, and I would like something on her visually different other than her stance like a Mr Karate mask or something of that nature

Reactions: dMags
Sure. My steam account is kaibonsen. I'd love to play.

Reactions: gllt and dekillsage

Why would that happen? It never happened with Filia or Double!

But Filia and Double are kind of incredible

Why would that happen? It never happened with Filia or Double!
True, true.

But Filia and Double are kind of incredible
That's the one thing I've always like about you.

Good player. Good attitude. Strong beliefs. Loyal. Funny.

Dekillsage™

Oh wait that's five things.

Reactions: CapnWTF
I wouldn't play this game if e.g. Filia and Parasoul were the only 2 characters and they had color/move swaps to fill out the equivalent of the current roster.

having one palette swap character is no big deal.

Honestly, I just feel that it's gunna require practice to use her, like all the other characters.

That's the one thing I've always like about you.

Good player. Good attitude. Strong beliefs. Loyal. Funny.

Dekillsage™

Oh wait that's five things.

oh man I don't think I'm any of these things.
People use Squigly
man RIP those guys LOL

Yo has anyone won a tournament with squigly after retail came out? I have
best squigly 2014 Kappa

Status
Not open for further replies.