• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Administrative PSA: Big changes are coming to Skullheart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real loss of comedy was the locking of the Funny gifs/pictures/memes etc thread
I don't know about anyone else but going back to that thread always made me laugh
Putting things in it was also enjoyable
A great loss for all methinks

On a serious note, @Cellsai

Will you guys be unlocking and moving the "Introduce Yourself" thread? That seems like a thread that should stay since it encourages some people to introduce themselves and begin forum discussions. I know you guys are working hard on moving things around, but you did state that if a thread was locked then it's unlikely to be unlocked, and it seems like that particular thread should be open and available for all users.

Reactions: Kongk4
authentic Mexican [...] Chipotle
WAT
(I live in Texas, so maybe my standards are just different?)

Can we make a Make Strange Combos Reality Thread
Like somebody do st.hp, st.mk, st.lk, st.lp, st.hk, j.lp, j.hk, Lv 3

Cause what Skarmand did was cool and I wanna try

As another in TX, I also would love Mexican food without chipotle. I'd rather go for much hotter stuff than that.

<Yeah, the new members and birthday threads should definitely stay, to help the SH community stay a community and not just be a few forum goers.>

Can we make a Make Strange Combos Reality Thread
Like somebody do st.hp, st.mk, st.lk, st.lp, st.hk, j.lp, j.hk, Lv 3

Cause what Skarmand did was cool and I wanna try
I think green vial assist probably breaks a lot of the fun of figuring stuff like that out. I mean now that the green vial cat is out of the bag.

On a serious note, @Cellsai

Will you guys be unlocking and moving the "Introduce Yourself" thread? That seems like a thread that should stay since it encourages some people to introduce themselves and begin forum discussions. I know you guys are working hard on moving things around, but you did state that if a thread was locked then it's unlikely to be unlocked, and it seems like that particular thread should be open and available for all users.
Site reorganization is not done yet. That thread [which i made] and other threads being salvaged from archives will be moved into new destinations.

Also been curious on the reaction here regarding this change.

The real loss of comedy was the locking of the Funny gifs/pictures/memes etc thread
I don't know about anyone else but going back to that thread always made me laugh
Putting things in it was also enjoyable
A great loss for all methinks
As much as I completely agree with all the posts that I've liked here, if that thread becomes the only thing to come back. I won't give a crap about the changes from this point on.

Sure, there's the Social Thread, but that place is this forums' trashcan for a reason.

Reactions: Dime
I've sat here a long time to try and articulate my thoughts on this.
On the one hand, I'm mostly a lurker; I'm about as likely to read obsessively about the links that come from Parasoul j.mp with Peacock assist as I am to read about peoples favourite ice cream flavour or whatever the hell went on in OT, so I really shouldn't be upset by this.
On the other hand, though, this whole thing just strikes me as a very extreme answer to what I consider a bit of a non-issue. I really don't get the justification that has been given. Who really looks at the front page, sees Kamen Rider and Guilty Gear, and thinks 'Oh shit, these people don't even play Skullgirls, I've been had', and then leaves? If it's an issue of people seeing junk in their feeds, then 1) completely locking OT seems a bit much, and (More importantly) 2) Forums -> Gameplay General -> Whatever the hell their interested in is three clicks. Three. Little known fact, just learned it myself, three is not a very high number. It's not difficult to just move yourself away from the 'horribly cluttered' front page.
Ultimately, I do not think that this choice is anywhere near a step in the right direction for this forum to grow, and maybe just a little bit of an elitist stance to take for the forums going forward. Take it from someone who knows, isolating the players who can't talk tech is not a good idea.

I feel like this is a rough equivalent of opening a restaurant and being unhappy that the clients aren't only talking about the food while they eat there.

Do I REALLY need to make my Mexican food- Chicken Fingers analogy again cause this would be the third time.

Do I REALLY need to make my Mexican food- Chicken Fingers analogy again cause this would be the third time.

Trust me when I say this, no, you do not. If you want to discuss the finer points of Mexican cuisine, then you should take it to Off To- OH WAIT.

The thing with that analogy is, I won't mind if this newly opened Mexican place doesn't have chicken.

But, if I used to eat chicken in this cool local Mexican place every other visit, and a big part of the place's charm and ambience had to do with hanging around with people who only come for the chicken, yeah I won't be overjoyed if the place stops serving it after 1,5 years of doing so.

Zidiane said:
I'm just wondering. Does it matter what the posters of Skullheart want? Like, at all?

Nope. Ironic, isn't it? This is supposed to be a decision that benefits the community, and yet the communities complaints about it are all ignored by the moderators that were dumb enough to make this decision. This is what the forums will be like in the future. Clearly these forums are doomed, because clearly the moderators have the foresight of interns and the power of tyrants.

FuLLBLeeD said:

Nope. Because your analogy is actually completely irrelevant to this discussion, in reality. Your analogy is about entitlement and that's not the issue here. The issue here is that real players - ACTUAL, HONEST TO GOD PLAYERS - who love the game to death, are being alienated because people have to be elitist jackoffs.

I love the game, for instance. But just because I cannot talk tech for the life of me, UNLIKE YOU, I am now being alienated from these forums because the mods think their decisions are the best ones, even if their decisions having gaping, long, detailed and giant holes in them bigger than the birth canal of a female Chinese dragon.

Tell me something, o High and Mighty God of Everything, where is the thread that makes it simple to understand what the hell people are saying on the gameplay forums? The one that explains the tech talk? Because I can't find it, and I've looked everywhere on this forum because I actually wanted to get involved in the gameplay discussion, but I couldn't find it. I felt immediately discouraged from talking on those threads, because I didn't want to ask and look like a dweeb.

So, tell me something: what am I supposed to do when I have to talk about gameplay, and I'm surrounded by people using tech talk I cannot understand. You might as well have dropped me in the middle of an African village without any knowledge of the Bantu language or even a god damn map, because that's what's happening.

That stupid Mexican Place-Chicken Fingers analogy doesn't fit here. If anything, the iHop analogy works better, or my personal analogy of an Italian restaurant refusing to offer food to someone who doesn't speak Italian because the waiters don't want to speak English; they know how to, fluently in fact, they just don't want to.

No, you are not getting a TL;DR for that. You know what you can get? THE OPTION TO READ IT.

Nope. Ironic, isn't it? This is supposed to be a decision that benefits the community, and yet the communities complaints about it are all ignored by the moderators that were dumb enough to make this decision. This is what the forums will be like in the future. Clearly these forums are doomed, because clearly the moderators have the foresight of interns and the power of tyrants.
Calling the mods "dumb tyrants" is not likely to result in them doing what you want.

I'm gonna be honest here. Yes, it was fun to talk about off-topic stuff with the people on this board, but when off-topic discussion vastly overtakes discussion about the reason we're here, Skullgirls, then there's a problem. Not to mention, I think a lot of shitty, time-wasting threads were starting to really pile up. I think these changes are for the best, and I think they'll make SH a more interesting and constructive place.

I feel like this is a rough equivalent of opening a restaurant and being unhappy that the clients aren't only talking about the food while they eat there.

But you don't go to a restaurant to talk about the food. You go to eat it while socializing with your friends. You go to SH to talk about Skullgirls, not to photoshop dick censors onto the characters. It might be painful to see a lot of good times go, but there are other places for that. This place is for constructive Skullgirls discussion, and it should be a vital resource which recently, it hasn't been.

EDIT: I will say that there was a lot of valuable stuff in the "General Skullgirls Discussion" board which didn't deserve being locked. It might be worthwhile to dig out some of the constructive threads there and give them a new home.

Calling the mods "dumb tyrants" is not likely to result in them doing what you want.

They're not going to do what the community wants anyway. I'm convinced of this. So what do I care how the feel if they don't care about people who feel alienated by this decision? They don't care, and if they say they do that's a giant lie said to save face, and nothing more.

Raptor1138 said:
This place is for constructive Skullgirls discussion, and it should be a vital resource which recently, it hasn't been.

What if we can't talk tech? Just fuck us?? Nice to know we're so fucking welcome here. I remember once saying that I felt this place was surprisingly open. Now, clearly, times have changed.

you know instead of crying about not knowing about all about this extreme MLG pro tech and going to threads that have absolutely nothing to do with the game, maybe you could have asked for what that tech meant and learn how to use it??? im just a dumb tyrant so what do i know?

Reactions: dreymore
The issue here is that real players - ACTUAL, HONEST TO GOD PLAYERS - who love the game to death, are being alienated because people have to be elitist jackoffs.
Did you just say that the HONEST TO GOD PLAYERS were different from the 'elitist jackoffs'
Because the 'elitist jack offs' (the ones who represented the game at Evo, UfgTx, NEC, and other tournies and to get more people to play it at gatherings and raise awareness) are the ones who are the HONEST TO GOD PLAYERS, not... ones that give up before even getting to the beginner resources page.

Where is the thread that makes it simple to understand what the hell people are saying on the gameplay forums? The one that explains the tech talk? Because I can't find it, and I've looked everywhere on this forum because I actually wanted to get involved in the gameplay discussion, but I couldn't find it. I felt immediately discouraged from talking on those threads, because I didn't want to ask and look like a dweeb.
That's on you. Why do you think we have a beginner section.
Make a thread if you don't understand something.
Also pretty much everything is explained on the SRK wiki very clearly.
I could even give you a link to that if you asked.

So, tell me something: what am I supposed to do when I have to talk about gameplay, and I'm surrounded by people using tech talk I cannot understand. You might as well have dropped me in the middle of an African village without any knowledge of the Bantu language or even a god damn map, because that's what's happening.
If you give up trying to even understand what people are talking about you're not going to get far in a fighting game anyways.
Seriously who concedes like this?

For someone that 'loves the game to death' it's interesting you bring this all up now.

What if we can't talk tech? Just fuck us?? Nice to know we're so fucking welcome here. I remember once saying that I felt this place was surprisingly open. Now, clearly, times have changed.
http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/beginner-resources-thread.242/
-
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls

Calm down.

They're not going to do what the community wants anyway. I'm convinced of this. So what do I care how the feel if they don't care about people who feel alienated by this decision? They don't care, and if they say they do that's a giant lie said to save face, and nothing more.
Damn homie calm down, you can still post about Pokemon you just gotta do it on the official Nintendo forums or something

you can still post about Pokemon you just gotta do it on the official Nintendo forums or something

BUT WHAT IF I MAKE A SKULLGIRLS JOKE WHEN I'M DESCRIBING POKEMON?! HOW WILL THEY KNOW TO LIKE MY POST BECAUSE OF MY WIT AND HUMOR?!

This is a real problem some of us have to live with @mcpeanuts.
Check your Skullgirl privilege pls.

Damn homie calm down, you can still post about Pokemon you just gotta do it on the official Nintendo forums or something

Is that what you think this is about? Oh my god, if you're trying to calm me down, you're not helping in the slightest if that's what you think this was about. You care even less than they do.

Is that what you think this is about? Oh my god, if you're trying to calm me down, you're not helping in the slightest if that's what you think this was about. You care even less than they do.

Nobody's trying to say that they don't care what you think, but you do need to calm down. The way you're acting isn't going to help. Obviously it's not easy to get rid of a ton of threads that many people loved, I bet the moderators hated to have to do it as well. But if you think about it, somebody pays so that this website stays up, with the belief that it's an important place to discuss Skullgirls, but people are really misusing it, and changes needed to be made. What Mcpeanuts is trying to say is that if you want to talk about something else there is a better place to do that, but not here. This place is for Skullgirls.

I'm going to echo a lot of other people in this thread and say that I think that this reshuffling as it is now is an incredibly bad idea. Now, I get that you want to trim some of the fat here at Skullheart, but this appears to be more like removing all the fat in the human body because fat makes you fat. That kind of procedure will kill you slowly and painfully, and I won't be surprised if it will do the same to Skullheart.

Also, in regards to the "talking about Skullgirls culture, not Skullgirls" deal, we skullpeople may be linked by our common interest in Skullgirls, but we are still different people with our own interests. Some (maybe a lot) of us are more interested in the lore, the characters, or the opinions and tastes of the other fans we share this forum with than the actual gameplay of Skullgirls. By axing the OT stuff, completely refusing to give an alternative other than Other Fighting Games (which will not work for this because some people here don't care about fighting games that aren't Skullgirls), and killing discussion of non-gameplay topics elsewhere, you're basically kicking skullfans in the balls and proclaiming skullplayers as the master race. This is a dangerous precedent to set for the game's official forum, as it may drive away the people who don't care about the gameplay as much as they do about the lore or the fandom itself. I'm fine with Dustloop having that setup because they are explicitly not the official ASW fighting game forum and they're generally much more serious about their fightan gaems. However, Skullgirls and its fandom aren't always serious, so why should its official forum be any different?

As for speculation and its effects, why not just make a separate board for such things? In that case, at least, you would be able to keep it from spilling into threads where it would irk Mok Zed and the other Lab Zero people who appear at Skullheart.

Besides, in the modern world we live in, someone will always be offended by something about Skullgirls and its fandom (or anything else, really), regardless of what others may do to try and keep those people happy. If you care so much about offending people due to the culture that's sprung up around Skullgirls that you're willing to shut out a large portion of the fandom to prevent it, then you might as well call it quits and shut down Skullheart, because at this point in its lifetime, Skullgirls and its culture are inseparable.

baby-boy-crying-photo-420x420-ts-56570356.jpg

That's the entire forum right now. Mods and all.

I'm sticking to only using this forum to catch locals 'cause that's all this forum is good for anyway.

How am I supposed to calm down with the moderators calling themselves things like "Emperor Cellsai" to make fun of people who are complaining? I don't know how I can be chill about this when the mods apparently like to swing their dicks around like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.