• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

PSN Official Skullbats Thread

Adeveis

Guy
Reaction score
Steam
Adeveis
PSN
Adeveis
Parasoul Squigly Big Band
Decided to move the thread from the one Duck started as there are a lot of changes that have occurred. First for those of you who don't know, Skullbats is an online tournament that dates back to Vanilla Skullgirls. Taking advantage of Skullgirls respectable netcode in order to reach out to players who either A.) Can't afford to go to tournament ; B.) Need help getting better at the game.
Understand that Skullbats holds the title of a tournament only because it is classified as such. It is BY NO MEANS an official tournament ;there is no prize to lose, there is no elimination, there is no pressure to win.

How it works
Rules: It is swiss system with each round best 3 out of 5. Swiss system is a tournament style that uses rounds instead of elimination. We usually hold 4-5 rounds. Each round you play someone until one of you wins 3 times. Next, you tell me the score and WAIT for everyone else to finish there matches. If you lost you are by no means eliminated from the tournament, it just means you didn't win round 1. You simply wait for round 2 to start so you can fight your next opponent. Repeat the process until all rounds are complete. If for some reason you are unable to fight your opponent I report it as a tie. If your opponent is ready and you are late to start, you have 5min before I disqualify you.

How to join
Skullbats starts at 8pmest on Saturday. We have a Skype chat and a PSN chat. If you have skype, PLEASE use it. The psn chat is mainly there for people who don't have the luxury of having a computer in the same room as their ps3/4 and for those who lack a computer. Skype allows me to link everyone to the bracket and is just down right easier to manage everyone. Anyway, be in one of the chats BEFORE I finalize the bracket otherwise you can't join. I sometimes start the tourney as late as 8:30pmest, so you may still have time but please try to be punctual AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK AT 9PMEST IF I STARTED ALREADY.

After we finish, you are welcome to ask anyone for advice. If you want specifically my help, you definitely need to have skype as it is much easier.

Time zone conversion (courtesy of nemo-happy-fish)
Hawaiian/HST- 4:00pm (Friday)

Mountain/MST- 6:00pm

Central/CST- 7:00pm

Alaskan/AKST- 4:00pm (Friday)

Pacific/PST- 5:00pm

Last edited:
Reactions: YussaTampon
Post here to let me know you are joining so I can send you one of the chats

Ok so
Redux
Skype is "silverfalcon137"
I would like to get my hands dirty this Saturday

Reactions: PME
People ask as late as midnight if we started. But yeah, we're more than willing to have more participants so we can all grow as players together

Again, if you're not feeling confident that you'll do well:
  • There's no pressure, since it's a free, and friendly tournament amongst people who love the same game, we're all there to have fun and get better together.
  • If you wanna get better with specific characters, any of us that specialize in those characters would be MORE than willing to give out pointers and matchup advice.
  • Wanna scope out how the players play before you decide to enter the following week? No problem. We have a few people who share-screen their matches during the Skype call while we all laugh at our terrible jokes.
We hope to see more of you guys next week :)

Just a heads up to people. Skullbats will start 1 hour earlier today because everyone wants to watch combo breaker.

I want in! My Skype name is Cochiss (The one with the drawn icon of a freak with a jewfro)

Skype ID: Mag
I'd like to try to "got gud"
ok so there is an infinite number of mags. you can just add me. my skype is the same as my skullheart.

Seems fun,I guess I'll try my Skype is Simple-Understatement but I may or may not be able to use it since my computer is a bit...crashy? Any who I really am interested! ^-^

Reactions: PME and YussaTampon
well sometimes i be busy on Saturday nights (sometimes) you know hang out with friends and stuff. but i am defiantly interested on doing this weekly tourney. even though i'm kinda new to this game,i'll try my best as possible and learn from others.

PSN: CaptainJapan77x

Reactions: PME and YussaTampon
I don't want others to miss out on the tourney for a stupid reason like mine (time zone mixup) so here it is (NOTE:I'm only listing MAJOR ones in NORTH AMERICA)

Yes I am aware Alaska has like 3-4 timezones but the converter I used said this...so I'm going to guess this is right

I don't want others to miss out on the tourney for a stupid reason like mine (time zone mixup) so here it is (NOTE:I'm only listing MAJOR ones in NORTH AMERICA)

you forgot eastern bud.

you forgot eastern bud.
I advertise the time in est in blue letters in my first post. She was just converting it to the other time zones for those who can't convert for whatever reason.

Yes... another Fortune, welcome brother

Sorry there was no skullbats this week. The Skullbats crew all went to a convention and it took so much time that we didn't have time for skullbats.

Reactions: YussaTampon
Is this still happening with 4th of July?
Depends if people show up. the skullbats crew don't got plans but there is just 5 of us. kinda want there to be at least 8 people. So i guess the answer to your question is, if 3 more people show up then yes we will hold skullbats today.

How do I join?
Be sure to have robo fortune gonna solo robo this weekend. Just give me your PSN/Skype and we'll be good

Be sure to have robo fortune gonna solo robo this weekend. Just give me your PSN/Skype and we'll be good
PSN: Risen4life

PSN: Risen4life
Hey, I remember playing you on QM a while back. Welcome to Skullbats.
I was wondering if it'd be a Robo theme w/the recent release (didn't enter for the Beo one).
Gotta try out Robo for my first time this weekend to get some practice. Maybe PS3 online will be more active w/the new content.

Hey, I remember playing you on QM a while back. Welcome to Skullbats.
I was wondering if it'd be a Robo theme w/the recent release (didn't enter for the Beo one).
Gotta try out Robo for my first time this weekend to get some practice. Maybe PS3 online will be more active w/the new content.
I hope so, PSN needs more active players and a better community.

Its active new character everyone wants to try it out. Well it was active the night the patch dropped

Is there going to be a group PSN Chat to keep players without Skype updated.