• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

I'm not too familiar with Madoka (I promise I'll get on it someday, I've got too many series on my to watch list atm ;A;), but I figure you all would appreciate some Madoka art from our good pal Alex Ahad.
tumblr_mxa3m78N8J1rip8ybo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxa3m78N8J1rip8ybo2_1280.jpg

CHEEEEEEESE

Honestly, I just marathoned right through it over the weekend. Even though its only 12 episodes, I can't imagine the stress of those who had to wait in between episodes during the original airing.

I'm not too familiar with Madoka (I promise I'll get on it someday, I've got too many series on my to watch list atm ;A;)
I am the cheese. I am the best character on the show.

Honestly, I just marathoned right through it over the weekend. Even though its only 12 episodes, I can't imagine the stress of those who had to wait in between episodes during the original airing.

It was suffering
esu7ade2.jpg

Reactions: TailsWorld1
Yeah that makes a bit more sense, I'm trying to organize who's got what palette in my head
Filia- madoka
Cere- homu
Ms fortune- mami
Squigly- kyoko
Peacock- Sayaka

So I would say
Big band- oktavia
Painwheel- bebe
Double- kooby
Valentine- hitomi ?
Parasoul- madokami ?

I'm not sure about valentine and parasouls

The reason for those choices is due to the VAs (except for Mami/Fortune/Kimlinh- but there the reason is pretty obvious) The other 4 are the dub VAs for their characters.

When's Nagisa Momoe Umbrella

It was suffering
ouch.

also i finally found of clips on youtube of the dub that weren't fandubs.
including some footage of outtakes from a con panel. madoka swearing all the time is very funny.

"I think you have a great ass..."

and now everything in that outtakes video is actually canon in the new movie

"And you can have a cake!" "What? HOLY SHIT!"

And you didn't post them here?? T_T
EDIT: thanks @TailsWorld1
"We never imagined there could be a world where each individual had their own set of emotions yet still manage to coexist with one another."
"...Really? Then I guess you've never visited a chatroom, have you?"

I needed this lol

Last edited:
After reading a very detailed summary of Rebellion, I gotta say that I'm totally updating my SG team to include Sayaka Peacock.

She's the best.

But when's Nagisa Umbrella

After reading a very detailed summary of Rebellion, I gotta say that I'm totally updating my SG team to include Sayaka Peacock.

She's the best.
There's also rumors that if they do make a second season of Madoka, she'd be a big protagonist.
Well
More so than the original.

OK SO I JUST WANT TO SAY, IN REGARDS TO REBELLION.

DAFUQ.

NO SRSLY DAFUQ. IF THEY DON'T MAKE MORE AFTER THIS I SWEAR TO GOD

Just finished Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and it was really good. Just as dark as everyone said too. The only thing I didn't expect was a moderately happy ending; I thought it would end with both Madoka and Homura dying.
The only annoying thing was waiting the entire show for Madoka to make her wish, only for it to come at the very end.
Also, Kyubey's face is more terrifying than the villager's, which made his relatively bad intentions a little too obvious. No good guy has a soul piercing stare like that.

What do I watch after this then? Apparently there are movies?

The first two movies are just retellings of the series.

The third movie (The Rebellion Story) is a sequel to the series.

What they said

The first two movies are just retellings of the series.

The third movie (The Rebellion Story) is a sequel to the series.

Are the first 2 movies 2 different retellings, or 2 parts of 1 retelling?

2 Parts of 1 retelling.
Part 1 ends at
Sayaka turning into Oktavia VOn Seckendorf
And Part 2 ends at the anime series ending

Also, the mangas are:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica (retelling of the series, goes by the original story boards)
Puella Magi Kazumi Magica (New set of magi, focuses on Witches)
Puella Magi Suzanne Magica (upcoming new manga)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Other Story (focuses on Mami)
Puella Magi Oriko Magica (focuses on a different timeline and three new characters)

Reactions: Crayolan
at 120 bucks for 2 discs.

THANKS ANIPLEX!
I heard DVD releases in Japan are crazy, but WOW.

Also I was watching Salty Bet tonight and I got a stupid idea:
Rare Akuma Homura

someone with mugen skills should get on that.

Reactions: Jutsei
I dont even know if Aniplex will put the movies up for that price but I know they have tried to sell 2-3 episodes on one disc for like, 80 bucks. so it wouldnt surprise me.

weren't those on BD? If they were, that's how BD's are priced in Japan

great. explain to me why I can buy wolf oni ai complete BD and DVD for less than 50 from funi then.

great. explain to me why I can buy wolf oni ai complete BD and DVD for less than 50 from funi then.
Because Japan? I don't know why they price their anime BD so high. Because they know people will buy them no matter what?

It's Madoka, they can get away with selling anything rediculously overpriced if it has one of the girls slapped onto it and still be guaranteed to sell out immediately.
rajavy4e.jpg

Plus Funimation has a massive US audience and since the US has a much more lax view of anime, prices are lax as well to bring in national customers.

still, its highway robbery to sell something that high when the normal standard is so low. not even Viz released their anime that high.

It's not only Madoka. The JoJo BDs were ~$80 for each, and they had just 3 episodes. First-run prints contained special items (OST, cell phone keychain, concept book, etc.)

yeah, but we went years at having a different price in DVDs it just seems dumb to price something based on what it is overseas.

also, when did jojo's BDs come out over here?

I was talking about in Japan

at 120 bucks for 2 discs.

THANKS ANIPLEX!
I just read that this is gonna be out (in Japan) on April 2nd.

So this April 1st, there's going to be so many "omg new season 2 trailer confirmed" troll notices. So don't believe anything you hear until April 3rd, just to be sure.

Except for Sayaka being the best girl. We already know that's true.