• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Rage Quit Gallery of Shame: Pass the Salt Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to point out that during the initial rage quit thread debacle while node was compaining in the steam forums he was offered help to improve by #fukuatwerkteam and node threw the offer back in twerkteams face, called him a bully and then started labeling the entire community as a bunch of "Pedophillic Misogynist Bullying Psycho's." So he really dosent deserve the sympathy.

And back to the RQ's
I can't help but think that the entire "node" fiasco was created in the previous RQ thread, and this brings me back to my initial point. Is it worth having this thread around if people are going to attach little notes and mocking gestures to screencaps of people getting caught in the act? It brings about general unpleasantness and unnecessary drama which consequently creates a bunch of posts that moderators have to sift through.

Consider this: The thread consists of screencaps flagging the player as a RQer (probably with multiple cases) and nothing else. No message implying any form of personal attack, no joking. There would be no ammunition for the flagged players to forget about their behaviour and blame the people posting as "bullies or sickos or otherwise" Instead they would be left to reflect upon their own actions, which sounds like the best way to deal with the problem, to me. If they came into the thread typing obscenities aimed at the people posting, all it would take would be some effort to ignore their behaviour and the rest takes care of itself. The person would eventually calm down, and think about what they did/wrote.

Of course, this is a difficult thing to achieve, which would require tacit toleration amongst members (yeah, right) or increased moderation on the thread. I think this format would greatly improve the thread as a whole, and actually give it constructive value, instead of it being a platform for internet drama. I mean it's asking for it, really. The simpler option would be to just remove this thread altogether, which I'm sure there are people on either side of that decision. I'd ask for a poll on this and that might be met with large backlash, but it would be nice to have an idea of who wants this thread to exist, and who doesn't. There may even be an option for the thread continuing with increased moderation. Just a thought.

Up to a certain degree, we can't control how people react to something, period. I did end up nuking the original Rage-Quit thread for this very reason (Node). The general line of this thread is basically as long as you're not doing to intentionally say that this person is legitimately an awful human being for rage-quitting. They may be a bad sport ( and it is up to you to avoid them or consider them a bad sport ). I'm only letting this rock to see if we can uphold this standard.

As for the negative energy-- there is plenty of room to admit you can get steamed and be pointed to the right helpful things.

Node is also a person that I have also tried to help but has seem to legitimately ignored my input, or I failed in understanding his viewpoints and we have chosen to go our seperate ways.

Additionally, you're a cool guy and I mean not to insult you at all.

You're cool too! I like down to earth moderators on forums.

Last edited:
Man, you managed to wholly disprove your own point with a single word.

Is this some kinda special talent

If you think that's impressive, you should've seen some of my psych lab work.

We once accidentally proved that college aged males like boobs.

Rage Quitters are either;

1. New players that get frustrated at losing to something they don't understand (yet).
2. Players that get mad at a tactic or strategy that they can't win against and just say that its bullshit and don't think about or can't be bothered thinking of counter-play.

Neither of these make someone a "horrible" person.
However, I have yet to meet a high level SG player that won't genuinely try to help someone improve.
So when a player tries to offer someone advice on how they could play the game better and they shut them out and insult the community, there's a problem.

Ok that's been said. Let the thread go on.

I swear, I haven't had any rage quitters in months, yet only a day after viewing this thread and I'm already on my second.

245170_screenshots_2015-01-05_00001.jpg
245170_screenshots_2015-01-05_00003.jpg

Well maybe if you stopped flaunting your body around at this person and making them unable to play the game in public you perverted Cerebella player

Eliza is the purest :p
A new RQ...
2015-01-06_00001.jpg

You know, taking it to when people get mad about getting destroyed at this game, I never ragequitted a match because I wanted to observe HOW I was ass-wrecked; and it WAS contrusctive since I saw some interesting combos and that you could perform grabs in the air, thing that when I was new nobody told me. And I'm one of the morale-less players that plays Eliza or Fukua and is starting to try Filia.

I once saw someone play Val and go afk because apparently he had enough of it. I'm not a pro, but I was tempted to add him and tell him not to start with heavy attacks but with light ones and suggest him how to play with no irony at all.

This isn't a MOBA: if I lose I'm not put with bad or toxic players that I must coordinate with and play against better ones; I'm just adjusted and put with players I might be more confortable with (if that happens, never heard of it).

Yes, playing LoL kind of formed my character. Weird to say but it did leave a mark.

On topic:
I once selected Bella by mistake without knowing how to play her, and I think "well, maybe one method of using her moves is by doing quartercircle+grab, right?" I was really new at the game. I didn't make any special move except constantly grabbing the opponent Fortune, to a point that he goes from doing normal ground LMH combos to grabbing me repeatedly. I lose the match but the guy adds me. The conversation happens like this:

I: Hey. Sorry for the grabs, I'm new at playing her.
Him: You piece of shit. Stop spamming and learn to play.
I: Yo calm down, I didn't mean to upset you.
H: Yeah whatever you fuck, I took you down with skills. [if you call using only a simple LMHK gound combo skills] If you want to spam in a game go play Injustice.

I don't really remember what I exactly said but I remember I said something in a calm way and explained how he was the one to jump at me after I told him I didn't know how to play my character while he was blinded by fury.

I: Is there anything else?
H: No. Wanna be friends?

At that point I had enough of him and just said no and removed him.

This is something I wanted to post in the old thread were raging was also discussed. Don't know if it's really on topic now.

Well I didn't think I would have wrote this much. Jeezuss.

Funny enough, I actually got something to contribute.
Dude got awfully salty right after he stopped winning, haha.
2015-01-07_00001.jpg

Eliza is the purest :p
A new RQ...

Huh, I'm surprised- I've run into AppJack on Quick Match before. AppJack's kinda terrifying. Could've been a bad connection?

Huh, I'm surprised- I've run into AppJack on Quick Match before. AppJack's kinda terrifying. Could've been a bad connection?
There's always that possibility, but it never happened before and this was the first time I was winning so it felt like a rq for me. I could be wrong anyway, if AppJack says it was bad connection, I'd believe him.

Last edited:
Group invite instead of direct message? That's the first time I see something like that.

It's so that he can bypass adding you as a friend.
He has like 40 groups for every situation.

Last edited:
oh hey, I've met this dementia guy, too
74677718e1.png

this was after the first of many losses to my secondary teams
no rage quits though, I don't think
He is the single worst person in the community. No exceptions.

Self proclaimed "unbeatable Skullgirls god" who demanded that Eliza gets balanced when his team lost to a solo-Eliza played by a guy with only 3 hours on record, because you know, it couldn't have been his own fault or the other guy's abilities.

And even though he seems to feel insanely passionately about Skullgirls and his ability to win at it, he constantly makes Steam Topics insulting it and it's community.

Rage Quitting is not great, but this guy does much worse things on a daily basis.

Couldn't take me baiting his mashed super several times:
zsIH8ER.jpg

8geRS9R.jpg

wow he had just enough meter to try one last time too, thats really sad =(

Group invite instead of direct message? That's the first time I see something like that.
Only dementia to create 3 different groups to insult every player out there. Instead of taking the effort to git gud, make a bigger effort to troll the community. How adorable.

I almost wish he still used this forum,

almost.

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
Can we all just invite each other into that group?

For such a small community like Skullgirls wouldn't it be more productive to try and reach out to these rage quitters in a positive manner first? Skullgirls needs all the players it can get. I know most of us like to puff out our chests when we cause a rage quit.. but next time, send the rage quitter a mesage, ask if he/she needs any help. Expand your community.

I never ragequitted a match because I wanted to observe HOW I was ass-wrecked.

Oh man, I agree with this 1 million%. I am not the best player, and I lose a lot of games that I don't play with friends, but if I am getting destroyed by some Big Band, or Double, or Painwheel etc., I want to learn and see what I'm doing wrong and how to get in to counter attack.

For such a small community like Skullgirls wouldn't it be more productive to try and reach out to these rage quitters in a positive manner first? Skullgirls needs all the players it can get. I know most of us like to puff out our chests when we cause a rage quit.. but next time, send the rage quitter a mesage, ask if he/she needs any help. Expand your community.
i WOULD if some of them didn't go "fuck you i didn't even want to get good at this game"

omw to positively reach out to dementia and expand my community

"Expand your community" ~checks the forum for plenty of threads that expands our community~
I guess we're not expanding our community at all.

But seriously, one thread doesn't decline a community when there's plenty of threads that helps and expands our community. And the rage quit rate is still quite small. But it would be more productive if these rage-quitters would simply ask for help. It's not our job to please these rage-quitters. But hey feel free to reach out to anyone who rage-quits.

omw to positively reach out to dementia and expand my community
What about the guy who called you a combo-whoric miscreant? He put so much effort into writing that reply, he must be willing to put in the work and improve.

Congratulations guys. This thread got indirectly mentioned on Kappa. Bathe in your glory, as we apparently have a blacklist for ragequitters.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
Congratulations guys. This thread got indirectly mentioned on Kappa. Bathe in your glory, as we apparently have a blacklist for ragequitters.
Reading the comments I'm mad and sad at the same time.

It's like that time some news outlet posted an article about FB suppressing it's messenger program and the title had "whatsapp" in it, even though it had nothing to do with it. I don't remember how the title was exactly but everyone was like "ORMAHGERD FAICBOK IZ BUYNG WHATSAPP".
Shame on both the news outlet for the deceptive title and the people reacting like they removed their own brain because they thought it was too heavy for their heads.

But seriously
Fuckinnn wo- WOW WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM A REDDIT BOARD CALLED "KAPPA" WITH LOGO NONE OTHER THAN THE FUNY MAYMAY KAPPA FAIC
LIKE NO SHIT THAT SURELY ISN'T THE PERFECT EXAMPLE OF THE TOXIC LE REDDIT XD BOARD WITH ALL ITS USERBASE RACING TO BE THE MOST EDGY AND PRESUMPTUOUS HUMAN GARBAGE ON THE INTERNET
AT LEAST THEY HAVE QUALITY THREADS SUCH AS

"Translator-kun exposed"

"Fuck Xian"

"Fgc Pepeday : "sank u /r/kappa I lov u""

REAL FUCKING QUALITY PEEPS NOT LIKE THAT GARBAGE IN SKULLHEART WITH ALL ITS BLACKLISTS AND COMMUNISM ALL OVER THE PLACE
WHAT A CAT-FUCKING-CASTROPHY

Like seriously, while we're trying to resolve the OT question with logic and talking calmly with the mods, they [kappa] demostrate to be able to behave worse than the stereotypical SG player, if anyone has ever drawn a stereotype of that.
Hope this doesn't spark in a war if I say this.

We've got to make a thread entitled "The Skullgirls player seen by an outsider" with all the names we've been called; just for irony, nothing serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.