• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Rage Quit Gallery of Shame: Pass the Salt Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one could very possibly be connection issues. I still found it funny either way.

12834720893752835.jpg

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
This one could very possibly be connection issues. I still found it funny either way.

I know I recognize TheIdiomatic, but it's been a while. I seem to recall him running solo Peacock and not sucking at it, but this can go as far back as vanilla.

I know I recognize TheIdiomatic, but it's been a while. I seem to recall him running solo Peacock and not sucking at it, but this can go as far back as vanilla.

I'm almost certain it was a connection issue at this point, played several quick matches against him throughout today with wins back and forth.

I am new to playing online. I am getting my ass kicked by people who played the game 10 times longer than I have played it. But bots are too easy and real people, while I can beat maybe 20%, are the way to go.
In my very little experience in this game nobody really gives a shit if I suck, thats fine. It would be nice if I had a chance but I dont need that, I see me errors mostly. But Im not good enough to avoid them. It will come.

But seriously, you guys, and me too, its easy to destroy somebody who just started out with this game and has just gotten used to the moves for a couple of characters when you know reset variants and your timing is in your muscle memory for months. Well done. But when someone gets beaten over and over by people in the only lobby there is -as there are so few players- dont blame them for ALT F4 after not being able to efficiently hit a single button while you jerked off to perfect games.

Maybe this is not the case, maybe you all know these people personally, whos names you post pictures of. But after getting my ass handed to me and finally quitting after the millionth demonstration of how efficiently players could play their best characters against a noob, just now I clicked on this Subforum called Online Matchmaking just to see this. Im not saying I am offended my self, but I could not help noticing how bad it looks.
I really love this game and I dont think that a thread like this should be here. This is where frustrated noobs like myself will look after getting their asses kicked. All you do here is scare even more people away from this game that is already difficult to learn and unforgiving in every way.

There are not enough players to have a good matchmaking in this game and the learning curve is more like a 100 meter learning wall. Dont make it worse. I know Ill get to hear how I completely missed the point of this very constructive thread that is not at all ment to boost your self confidence at someone elses expense.
I only just went through it myself and it kind of caught my eye. For myself, feel free to post pictures of me ragequitting in any future match if it makes you feel better, just know that it somehow seems like a dick move to certain new players reading it here.

snip

well at least you're polite and fairly eloquent presenting your concern/peeve with this thread.
can't really say much to help you. all of this just sorta plays out, and it's not necessarily violating any rules.
so there's not much to be done about it.

Maybe someone reads it and doesnt post his achievment of making another (most likely much less experienced) player ragequit after a perfect game or just a bad day. Who knows. I actualy think I enjoy the community here anyhow.

when someone gets beaten over and over by people in the only lobby don't blame them for ALT F4
I have a simple solution to your problem. Quit before the match or after it.

When you start a game you are expected to play it out. Finish what you started ^ ^
Then quit AFTER or don't start in the first place.
For myself, feel free to post pictures of me ragequitting
Please don't quit mid match that ruins my/ others gaming experience : (

There are not enough players to have a good matchmaking in this game and the learning curve is more like a 100 meter learning wall.

Okay I agree with most of what you said but isn't the learning something this game manages to help with? I thought SG was said to be a good fighting game to start with.
I started naively but I got better after understanding the mechanichs and training with Nightmare bots and understanding how a human vs human match plays out.

Not saying you're bad (that would be incredibly rude) but if you need help tutorials in-game and out-game are here and there. I remember there was a thread about peeps meeting and basically training online but I can't remember the name so I can't point you to it exactly. It should be either in General or Gameplay or maybe Beginner

But when someone gets beaten over and over by people in the only lobby there is -as there are so few players- dont blame them for ALT F4 after not being able to efficiently hit a single button while you jerked off to perfect games.

This would be a valid point if all the images in this thread weren't quick matches (or the first match between both players in a lobby).

You aren't learning anything if you just smash ALT+F4 as soon as you've had enough. Step back and think for a second about why your opponent is able to do all this and try to take away some knowledge about the whole thing. I find myself hopping into training mode if I start to get salty after some games and replicating the scenarios to determine what I could do in each. After I've learnt what I can do to counter that situation, I can advance myself a bit higher in skill level.

EVERYBODY has gone through (and the vast majority still do occasionally) the "getting smashed so hard you want to give up" phase. The good players just sucked it up and got on with things, while the bad ones just quit out. I think that's what annoys me most; The fact that potential great and fun-to-fight players are throwing in the towel early because they don't have the resolve to stick through it, learn and improve. It's probably one of the strongest reasons fighting games are much more niche than other genres of games.

Last edited:
the thread is a thinly veiled outlet for people to trash the reputations of players, with or without proof. there's a reason some people make a distiction between "free speech" and "hate speech", and forum threads like this are mostly the latter. it's really simple: you could leave obviously upset people alone when they run away from the game. you could stop labelling people as unsportsmanslike when there isn't any proof they deliberately left the game. or you could choose to make a big list of players who shouldn't get to play anymore. and as an aside it gives you the opportunity to turn everyone against them to make yourself feel better. maybe some of the vets should try seeing from the outside themselves for once. you made a list to screw people over and bully them out of the game, and not everyone is okay with that. if you're wondering why, the reason is that IT'S WRONG. you would be amazed how useless it really is to compile a list of undesirables in a game that loses players in droves for reasons just like this thread. you do what you want. you want to keep a blacklist to shut players out and ruin their reputations? it's that imporant to you? if it is, then you can understand why it's just as important to me to keep it as visible as possible what you're doing to people by perpetuating this. do what you think is right.

Reactions: zarkingphoton
the thread is a thinly veiled outlet for people to trash the reputations of players, with or without proof. there's a reason some people make a distiction between "free speech" and "hate speech", and forum threads like this are mostly the latter. it's really simple: you could leave obviously upset people alone when they run away from the game. you could stop labelling people as unsportsmanslike when there isn't any proof they deliberately left the game. or you could choose to make a big list of players who shouldn't get to play anymore. and as an aside it gives you the opportunity to turn everyone against them to make yourself feel better. maybe some of the vets should try seeing from the outside themselves for once. you made a list to screw people over and bully them out of the game, and not everyone is okay with that. if you're wondering why, the reason is that IT'S WRONG. you would be amazed how useless it really is to compile a list of undesirables in a game that loses players in droves for reasons just like this thread. you do what you want. you want to keep a blacklist to shut players out and ruin their reputations? it's that imporant to you? if it is, then you can understand why it's just as important to me to keep it as visible as possible what you're doing to people by perpetuating this. do what you think is right.

Dude, I'm working on the Linux port, stop being angry for two minutes.

<3

you could stop labelling people as unsportsmanslike when there isn't any proof they deliberately left the game.
Did you know games mark people who quit before matches are complete often, regardless of how they do it?

Whether or not it's deliberate, it's not fair for the other parties because they generally make it a point to have working connections before playing. Besides divine intervention or your internet provider screwing you, there's no room for a disconnection.

Something something video games are stupid but.

I don't even think being fair works here anymore.

Last edited:
When my opponent quits 20 times in a row and quits when their first character dies and idles in character select for 120 seconds wasting my time - fair goes out the window.
Also no I don't need 'proof' of his internet logs.

just as important to me to keep it as visible as possible
Thank you for the publicity!

But when someone gets beaten over and over by people in the only lobby there is -as there are so few players- dont blame them for ALT F4 after not being able to efficiently hit a single button while you jerked off to perfect games...

...But after getting my ass handed to me and finally quitting after the millionth demonstration of how efficiently players could play their best characters against a noob, just now I clicked on this Subforum called Online Matchmaking just to see this... This is where frustrated noobs like myself will look after getting their asses kicked. All you do here is scare even more people away from this game that is already difficult to learn and unforgiving in every way.

So when you lose over and over, the proper response is to not even complete matches anymore, just to quit the game? This is the issue here. It has nothing to do with bad or good players, it has to deal with people feeling too frustrated to play out their matches and give opponents respect. I feel sorry and sympathetic if learning a new game with experienced players is frustrating, but not if you try to justify poor behavior when all it is doing is blocking your own mindset from learning.

you made a list to screw people over and bully them out of the game, and not everyone is okay with that.

If someone came into SG, had no respect for the players and d/c'd their losses, then came into the community forum for the game, saw the thread pointing out said players with no respect, and didn't think "Oh, maybe I shouldn't keep doing that since they don't like that", maybe we are better off without those guys who clearly don't care about us?

You forgot the pedophilia and the PTSD. Those parts are also very important, I think.

this is magical

Im not one to usually post on here but this was a fun one to share.

this guy plays the same team with the same assists as me, so I thought he would be a fun reoccuring opponent. he beats me by a sliver of life, then sends me an invite to a steam group called "how mad 0-10?". I get him again in QM's, he gets a few good hits in, then I just let loose on him. before I could finish him, he DC's. I keep getting him over and over as an opponent, where I commence beating him repeatedly, and he keeps DC'ing. then sent me another steam group invite, called "why so mad?". this kid is cute, I feel me teabagging him was very justified and satisfactory. (something else I dont normally do).

reading through the thread, it seems he is a repeat offender, and everyone loves him so much. dementia, you gave me a great laugh.

lame.jpg

Last edited:
Does it say what you're supposed to be top 20 in? Maybe he's a godlike bridge player

I've also played this salty kid recently.
7TgS1af.png

Reactions: Karr
I wonder if it doesn't get boring for this guy closing and restarting the game over and over again :/

Didn't he say it was all part of his secret plan to make you guys mad and hes totes not mad?

what a genius.

While no image of it has not been posted here as of yet, I could I would still like to post this since I could not get a hold of him/her on Steam:

if AceX (Antimony) sees this, I would like to let him know that I did not rage quit that match. The disconnect was quite incriminating, as I was clearly going to lose that match, I was being hit by a combo, and the match was not lagging very hard. I do hope that you believe me, and that we can have more matches in the future. Good games.

Holy fuck... The fuck is this thread for?

Bullying sorry ass players so your dick feels bigger?

So old skullheart with all the stupid off topic shit got dumped so that we could bring back a bullying thread?

The fuck...

Reactions: legendary j
I've yet to hear of a ragequitting beginner who became a valuable member of the community once he gained more experience. So, nothing of value was lost.

Ya know, Dime_x is right, I feel we should all give dementia the most formal of apologies.

when someone gets beaten over and over by people in the only lobby there is -as there are so few players- dont blame them for ALT F4
Look, there are basically two possibilities -
1) You see RQing as something bad: Then you shouldn't do it. The end. And when you do it, you'll have to live with the possibility of people getting to know about it.
2) You don't see hitting Alt+F4 as something bad*: Then you shouldn't care when someone posts a screenshot of you doing it. If there was a thread called "Post Screenshots with people who beat you in QM" and the entire thread was filled with pictures of me winning games, I wouldn't mind. Why would I? Not like winning is a bad thing. You could even go into this thread and post "Yes I will Alt+F4, now what? ?? ?? Will Satan eat my soul?"

This thing is kind of overblown from both sides.. nobody actually cares about this thread. There is no "blacklist".
People don't remember names in this thread, unless they pop up all the fucking time with a proper story to boot (dementia aka "I will be a dick to you when I win, and leave when I lose"; node34578347 aka "You posting screenshots of me [not] playing a video game is the same as raping kids").
I have literally no idea who got posted in the last 4 pages other than those two. Oh and TheIdiomatic, cus I read that post 5 minutes ago, and that wasn't even an RQ. And I will have forgotten it again in 10 minutes.
This is less of a "shaming" and more of a "wow look, I'm so amazing that people quit against me; nibble on my clitoris" thread. Why are people so up in arms over this?

FWIW I think the thread is dumb and shouldn't be here, as it doesn't accomplish anything other than causing bad blood between some people. But I don't really care about it either way.

* IMO a perfectly valid stance to take! I don't care about it at all and think of it as a "resignation". I don't care about 'playing the game to end'. I come from a chess background, where playing the game to end is pretty much considered an insult.
I drop my stick when I'm done with a particular match, and if my opponent then decides to waste my time by backing off to fullscreen, taunting and teabagging, I WILL quit. Feel free to post pictures of me doing that, I don't give a shit!
.. I guess I may be slightly embarrassed that someone caught me playing QuickMatch and I actually managed to lose against one of the shitnuggets on this forum..

Status
Not open for further replies.