• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Random Tidbits about Cerebella

Broseidon Rex

POWER UP!
Reaction score
Steam
Will Drop For Diamonds
XBL
Broseidon Rex
Cerebella
Hey. I saw the other threads and noticed most of those were for a specific topic. (Assuming this thread is valid) this thread can be about everything that doesn't fit in neatly into those.
1. I started messing around with doing cLK, cMP, wait, kanchou feint while the computer is set to spam sLP as counter. Out of the three I've tested so far, Valentine and Parasol can punish if the feint is inputted too late. Filia, however, seems to be at a disadvantage since I could block her move no matter how late I canceled. Filia would even whiff on her sLP even though I was next to her. I'm planning on trying out other moves for all the characters to see where this is safe or not.
Is definitely not safe to counter grab, that's the main thing that gets me in matches if I attempt it.
2. Also Feint related, in a match against a squigly, I managed to dodge the super grab by doing kanchou feint a second before the grab came out. So while the grab came out on the right, the feint put me on the left in immediate attacking position. I tested this out in training mode with a squigly set to counter super grab and tried timing cLK, cMP, wait Kanchou feint. The timing is really strict, with the Kanchou feint having to come out immediately after squigly recovers or she'll autocorrect and get you. Additionally, if you feint earlier and hold up, you'll have enough time to dodge the super grab by jumping.
3. Is the combo series I've been doing valid in game or am I wasting time trying to learn it (cLK, cMP, Kanchou feint)?

Let me know if you guys see anything else or have comments on these things. Thanks.

So, a Cerebella general discussion thread?

Fun fact, Pummel Horse scales to 45%, MGR and Diamond Drop scale to 55%, and Excellebella and Showstopper scale to 50%. I did not know this until yesterday.

So, a Cerebella general discussion thread?
Fun fact, Pummel Horse scales to 45%, MGR and Diamond Drop scale to 55%, and Excellebella and Showstopper scale to 50%. I did not know this until yesterday.
Thought pummel horse went to 30%. Looks like I just learned that as well.

Thought pummel horse went to 30%. Looks like I just learned that as well.
That was Excellebella, but that's been changed to 50%. But I checked these all by doing the grab and then doing s.hp, which does 1000 damage (so it's real easy to tell the scaling). It's funny, cause I thought all grabs were supposed to scale to 50%, but there's a little bit of differences. I'm going to probably check all the other grabs in the game to check scaling.

I figured out that you can punish Valentine's Air Bypass xx Scalpel Super if you mash out Devil Horns after the super flash. So there's a fun tidbit.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
I figured out that you can punish Valentine's Air Bypass xx Scalpel Super if you mash out Devil Horns after the super flash. So there's a fun tidbit.
I assume you block the air bypass and do not pushblock correct?

I assume you block the air bypass and do not pushblock correct?
I don't think I tested on block, and I can't right now because of computer problems but it definitely works on whiff.

If you can punish with devil horns you can punish with dynamo. Though your ability to punish that post flash probably had to do with how high val is. Check that for me I need to know when I must :QCF::LP::MP::QCF::MP::HP::QCF::MP::MP:

Though your ability to punish that post flash probably had to do with how high val is.
Devil Horns is invincible from the first frame so if you mash hard enough it should work no matter how high she is, right? I really wish I could test this right now.

3. Is the combo series I've been doing valid in game or am I wasting time trying to learn it (cLK, cMP, Kanchou feint)?

i just need a little clarification on what you mean with this. when you say "combo series" do you mean comboing into kanchou, or using the feint as a way to make the cr.MP safe if the opp blocks it?

either way i would defo test it out on everybody since some of the wider hit boxes take bella longer to travel to the other side, making the slide part of the kanchou last longer, giving less frame advantage/more disadvantage.

sadly i dont have access to the PC version so i cant really offer more help without more info.

i just need a little clarification on what you mean with this. when you say "combo series" do you mean comboing into kanchou, or using the feint as a way to make the cr.MP safe if the opp blocks it?
I'm thinking about using that as a way to cross up and reset combos. So for example in the flowchart bella combo, after you land with the jHK restand, you do cMP into cHP. I'm thinking whether it's viable to do kanchou feint after the cMP and whether the opponent can stuff it.

I'm thinking about using that as a way to cross up and reset combos. So for example in the flowchart bella combo, after you land with the jHK restand, you do cMP into cHP. I'm thinking whether it's viable to do kanchou feint after the cMP and whether the opponent can stuff it.

hmm. well if you mentioned in your original post that you have time to block a st.LP after kanchou feint, although you would technically be safe, you are still allowing the opp to start their own pressure. perhaps you could go straight into a cr.MK > Kanchou feint after the J.HK (or even a run stop would work too) opp is in the air and also facing the wrong direction as you cross under them. i would occasionally do that from time to time and you can basically do what you want to them since you recover before they do.

Man, I really wish there was a non meter, non assist midscreen follow up from Excellebella and Diamond Drop.

If Bella had these, people would be afraid of getting in her face again.

Man, I really wish there was a non meter, non assist midscreen follow up from Excellebella and Diamond Drop.

If Bella had these, people would be afraid of getting in her face again.

Bella with two meter and a good DHC makes Diamond Dynamo scary enough, imo. I love how it converts into a combo with just about any character, though.

That's DD.

What about drop and Excellebella, her command grabs because she's a grappler.

No one fears getting diamond dropped anymore.

For real? People up-back on me all day and every time I go for a DD reset, it whiffs. I've started just going low again instead of going for the DD.

That's DD.

What about drop and Excellebella, her command grabs because she's a grappler.

Everybody fears Ultimate Show Stopper.

Everybody fears Ultimate Show Stopper.
There are times where I dont have meter, or dont want to use meter.

For real? People up-back on me all day and every time I go for a DD reset, it whiffs. I've started just going low again instead of going for the DD.
That's perfect! Excellabella time. Also found out today that for match starts, if enemy peacock does jump back, jHK, jupming towards her with jLP will beat it out since it was make the bird disappear upon hit.

I tend to go for low or at least low into MGR as a ground reset now, my diamond drops got too predictable.

If an enemy cerebella does kanchou feint while you input diamond drop, you will autocorrect and catch them.

I was thinking about trying to integrate kanchou feint into combos and resets more, but it seems pretty unsafe for a lot of things.

Kanchou feint into dynamo combos from stuff like HP, could be handy for side switching if you've already used kanchou once in the combo.

If an enemy cerebella does kanchou feint while you input diamond drop, you will autocorrect and catch them.

I was thinking about trying to integrate kanchou feint into combos and resets more, but it seems pretty unsafe for a lot of things.
Kanchou just seems to get snatched in general.

Stop playing solo and it becomes sextastic.
das right!!!!

Stop playing solo and it becomes sextastic.
das right!!!!
What? Please translate into general english. I do not speak Jive derivatives?

Kanchou feint resets suck when you play solo because of how hard you commit considering it loses to everything. With an assist you can do actual cross up resets, commit less etc

Well, dont know if this is known... But today i was playing age and on incoming mixup in the corner he did diamond dynamo.... I blocked the first hit, then i fell forward and got crossed up... I was pissed but it was pretty cool especially if he meant to do it.

I was using filia.

The first hit same-side was accidental, but you can use it was a crossup on incoming pretty well. Just make sure you've got a safe dhc for when they block it.

Reactions: Dime
Fun thing with MGR (wasn't sure it should go in the resets thread):
MGR -> c.LK -> c.MP -> s.HK -right before second hit> MGR
It's a cool little gimmick and I guess you could swap the later MGR with a Pummel Horse to make a mixup, but I've not tried that so I dunno.

Reactions: doubledark
Fun thing with MGR (wasn't sure it should go in the resets thread):
MGR -> c.LK -> c.MP -> s.HK -right before second hit> MGR
It's a cool little gimmick and I guess you could swap the later MGR with a Pummel Horse to make a mixup, but I've not tried that so I dunno.
That's an older reset that's still good but doesn't seem to be utilize much. If the opponent expects the MGR and jump, you can replace that with excellabella.
Another trick i started doing is delaying inputting cHP after cMP in the flow chart combo. It allows you an option of either letting the cHP hit or immediately canceling it into diamond drop (or MGR for bigger characters). The first frame of cHP will come out so it looks like a continuation of the combo but surprise! Grab!

Reactions: DARKNESSxEAGLE
Fun tidbit: You can kara specials with cr.mp to do some fast throw mixups.

Not incredibly useful but during a cr.lk cr.mp chain you can cancel cr.mp before the active frames start hitting into Diamond Drop in the same way that you can fake st.hp into throw. You can also psuedo wave-dash for more than half the screen by dashing, cancelling the dash into cr.mp and then karaing a special from the cr.mp.

Looking for setups with it and not really finding much aside from being able to DD at MGR range. Which I guess it cool if you want them back closer to the corner.

edit: you can also kara backwards off of cr.mk to get in range for MGR if you're too close. Kinda weird.

Last edited:
For some reason when you're OTGing in the corner and do c.lk, c.mp, s+f.hp, cerecopter, Dynamo, it reverses your direction for the Dynamo and you may not get the full super.

Reactions: DARKNESSxEAGLE
For some reason when you're OTGing in the corner and do c.lk, c.mp, s+f.hp, cerecopter, Dynamo, it reverses your direction for the Dynamo and you may not get the full super.

I believe if you delay the dynamo a bit longer you will pull back slightly and it will come out the right way.

On a related note, c.mk f+hp dp+hp is somewhat finicky depending on what you're trying to do with it. Doing it fast can lead to them hitting the top of cerecopter and spinning around above your head which can lead to that reverse super. Delaying it slightly so that cerecopter hits them at around bella's head height will cause copter to drag you back out of the corner, making it hard or impossible to follow up meterlessly. There is a small window where cerecopter can hit late enough (and not use up the otg) that it will restand them before doing the knockdown, and you won't be pushed back at all. This allows you do follow up with a c.lk otg or whatever else you want. Tested only on fortune.

Please tell me someone found this already and it was intentionally left in the game.
(also sorry for the first 3 seconds of nothing. Was too lazy to edit them out.)

Please tell me someone found this already and it was intentionally left in the game.
Bitch, I'm punching this diamond, super be damned!

I think it's like that for all armor moves. I knew about it doing that for DAF, though. It was hilarious when it first happened, cause they went to attack me, expecting to hit me out of it, and the Diamond went and got the kill.

How are you supposed to do the Ultimate Showstopper with arrow keys?

:360:

I'm on the tutorial and I still can't make it work.

How are you supposed to do the Ultimate Showstopper with arrow keys?

:360:

I'm on the tutorial and I still can't make it work.
I don't think this is the right thread for this, but I just did it like 10 times out of curiosity. I had my index, middle and ring finger on the 3 bottom arrow keys, rolled them across for the half circle and while the last finger hits horizontally, my ring finger hits up and I hit the last direction with the other finger that hasn't moved. I think the big trick here is not to try and do it too fast. There's a built in function for 360s in Skullgirls that lets you do them pretty slowly and as long as you start with toward or back, it holds off for maybe a quarter second on your jump.

Reactions: Caleb
I don't think this is the right thread for this, but I just did it like 10 times out of curiosity. I had my index, middle and ring finger on the 3 bottom arrow keys, rolled them across for the half circle and while the last finger hits horizontally, my ring finger hits up and I hit the last direction with the other finger that hasn't moved. I think the big trick here is not to try and do it too fast. There's a built in function for 360s in Skullgirls that lets you do them pretty slowly and as long as you start with toward or back, it holds off for maybe a quarter second on your jump.

Thanks! I'll give it a try :D

So I was practicing using Devil Horns to dodge Double's Car (tip: it has enough invincibility to avoid getting hit when timed right), when I noticed something about doing the inputs and how it depends on what state you are in. For reference, I was doing the car where it comes from the opposite side while not in blockstun (must test this tomorrow, as well as PBGC).

If moving forwards, backwards, or standing: Input must be done towards the car.

If crouching block: Input can be done towards either side.

If standing block: Input must be done towards the car.

If attacking: Input must be done in the direction of the attack for the duration of the attack. So if doing sHK facing the right while car is coming from the left, the dragon punch motion must be towards the right.

Don't know if anyone else has noticed this. I also think this applies for crossunders. I have an example to try out, but I'll test it tomorrow.