• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Realistically what do you think Skullgirls' life span is after the last DLC?

"Realize that fighting games operate on people's desire to become the next Justin Wong"

I'm honestly wondering how true this is.

It's not. I want to get good and have fun with friends, but I have no desire to become an evo champ.

It's not. I want to get good and have fun with friends, but I have no desire to become an evo champ.
Initially, when I found this game, I just loved it, but then found that I could be an EVO champ; that part of me has been put out of me and I have fun just playing the game.

As for lifespan, look at SF Alpha, a really old game that holds an audience without the need for DLC. If Skullgirls really needs DLC to hold your attention, then that's not a question of Skullgirls' lifespan, but it's quality. This is subjective, of course, so this game is quality to me even without DLC.