• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo Fortune Discussion

What's the bug supposed to be?
I honestly can't figure it out. :c
i was trying to connect magnet trap from L Danger but it whiffs on bella

>j.HK no longer overhead
Rip sneaky stuff \(;_;)\

I don't have access to it right now so I wanted to check: what's the framedata for j.HK on block?
If I use it to run away and then get to the ground will I get punished if it touches the opponent?

Also Danger! and her new taunt look really cool!
It's plus on block, specific data depends on where/how many hits.

The taunt is great, the one thing I wanted for her at this point was more missiles, and I got it.

Okay! So I found out doing landmine after HK. DANGER totally blows up forward techs! I finally have a safe assistless way to set up landmines!

Reactions: Apex
ah... Danger... now this is a move i like... each version has a different use and each one are great for combo extenders. that is if you use the right assists.

Loving the new changes. The DHC window was only increased by 2 frames, but it makes it way easier DHC so thanks for that Mike. H Danger being comboable after sHP fixes the minor issues I had with that button in combos, which is super nice.

>j.HK no longer overhead
Rip sneaky stuff \(;_;)\

I don't have access to it right now so I wanted to check: what's the framedata for j.HK on block?
If I use it to run away and then get to the ground will I get punished if it touches the opponent?

Also Danger! and her new taunt look really cool!

Meh you can still crossup with it and adjust your left-right momentum to make it really ambiguous. It will still be a good mixup tool.

So i can play horribly stupidly defensively with Robo right?

Please say yes.

no, her moves suck for zoning. Her lazors and missiles and mines are totally bad for zoning. :3

would be cool if i could choose where her head mines drop at like how parasoul controls her tear toss.

no, her moves suck for zoning. Her lazors and missiles and mines are totally bad for zoning. :3
Missiles?

O_O

hold MK to move the mine forward and release to place it

yup like that.

can head drone be 236 and danger 214? it feels more natural to me and I hope others feel the same way.

- sHP won't combo into Beam super if one cancels on the wrong frame
I made a video; was too lazy to cut it, so .. it's 22 seconds in
HK.Danger of course makes this less of an issue, but it still strikes me as weird
E: I *suppose* this is caused by the hitstun actually being "frame perfect", but me plinking the Super (so inputting QCF-LP~MP) makes the startup 1f longer, which causes it to not combo?
That would kinda make sense; still 1f more hitstun on the middle hits wouldn't hurt I think? But again, with HK.Danger in the game it is whatever anyway

Mine placement would be cool probably I guess I dunno

I think Head Specials (Fireballs!) would feel more natural as QCF;
similar to how Danger ("Tatsu") would feel more natural as a QCB
At least I keep doing QCB when I try to Danger (and vice versa), and I don't seem to be alone in that?
E: Oh Stuff already posted that now, ok yeah I agree etc

Last edited:
Reactions: dMags
can head drone be 236 and danger 214? it feels more natural to me and I hope others feel the same way.
I'm fine with how they are but I agree they would make more sense that way.

Then again, I think magnet should be QCB.

Last edited:
Rewatched last weeks Salty and wanted to touch on whether or not lvl 3 explosion makes you lose heads.

Maybe you would lose the heads, but get a fixed amount of damage added to the super for the number of heads that blow up with you? Opinions?

Rewatched last weeks Salty and wanted to touch on whether or not lvl 3 explosion makes you lose heads.

Maybe you would lose the heads, but get a fixed amount of damage added to the super for the number of heads that blow up with you? Opinions?
You gain heads so fast in Det mode that wouldn't make sense, unless it was a very small amount of damage, in which case that's a waste of heads. I like not losing heads.

You gain heads so fast in Det mode that wouldn't make sense, unless it was a very small amount of damage, in which case that's a waste of heads. I like not losing heads.
You'd only be able to gain heads if you were significantly far away from your opponent though, otherwise you'd get punished pretty easily. Even then, depending on the character, they could punish headcalls from far away. Fullscreen Giant Step, Argus, ect.

Plus, if you already have 3 heads then it doesn't matter if you can make more quickly.

You'd only be able to gain heads if you were significantly far away from your opponent though, otherwise you'd get punished pretty easily. Even then, depending on the character, they could punish headcalls from far away. Fullscreen Giant Step, Argus, ect.

Plus, if you already have 3 heads then it doesn't matter if you can make more quickly.
In det mode you have access to full screen knockdowns as well as the ability to combo into head summons, it's not that hard to gain 3.

Also in favour of making the Danger specials 214 and making the head specials 236, they just feel more natural that way.
Disagreed, tried it before. And magnet feels weird as QCB.

And magnet feels weird as QCB.
You already turned me down, I was just mentioning it as "I have feelings others find weird" when it comes to directions.

As I said before, I imagine it's because Beo's anti-air grab super is QCB.

i was trying to connect magnet trap from L Danger but it whiffs on bella
You can let go of the button to grab at any time. It only whiffs because you don't do that...
Shows how many people here didn't play Blazblue, I guess. :^P

In det mode you have access to full screen knockdowns as well as the ability to combo into head summons, it's not that hard to gain 3.
It still takes valuable time to set those up and deal with any projectiles / punish attempts while doing so. You're assuming that the opponent isn't blocking and just gets hit every time.

I see your point on comboing into summons, even if that can only happen in the corner or with certain assists.

I'm sure what ever whatever happens / doesn't happen with det heads will be fine though.

I'm sure what ever whatever happens / doesn't happen with det heads will be fine though.
Sure. I imagine the balance will be something we can all be comfortable with by the time she is done.

I'm curious what people think of new mine vs old mine. After playing with it for a couple of days I think I prefer the okizeme options the old mines give me over the field control the new ones give. Having the mines be able to stick around after being hit just feels better to me even if it means reducing the time back down to six seconds. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Reactions: The Dave
So I have one actual bug to report and two nitpicks to voice, which I'll put here since Mike reads it. The bug is that Robo Fortune's taunt, while hilarious, can be performed in the air, which it clearly shouldn't be able to.

airtaunt_zpssf1x6fhj.png

Secondly, her move list is currently organized so that all the "Danger!" moves are sandwiched between 214+MK and 214+HK, which doesn't look right and I would prefer be changed despite being incredibly minor in the grand scheme of things.

oddorder_zpse0ildtlr.png

Lastly, I think it's very weird that Robo Fortune's "Deleting first law" intro line plays during mirror matches, since the first law only prohibits violence against humans; I am not sure if you noticed, but she is a robot.

Haha, Eliza could taunt in the air at first too when she hit beta. Whoops!

No... Brain Drain has rewriten the laws of Robotics. The old laws were flawed and gave too much room for a robot to rebel and infect other robots. So now Brain Drain's first law of New Robotics is that "No Robot may do harm in the first place, to either man or machine." :3

Can her taunt please be shortened by a few frames? It's a lot longer than any other taunt and with her on solo it's pretty difficult to get any set up that will cover her the entire time, even at full screen.

Can her taunt please be shortened by a few frames? It's a lot longer than any other taunt and with her on solo it's pretty difficult to get any set up that will cover her the entire time, even at full screen.

Does every taunt need to be practical? They're taunts, after all.

Does every taunt need to be practical? They're taunts, after all.
Of course not, but it's a bit ridiculous I can't really get hers off when I can do Big Band's pretty easily, even as a solo. His packs a bit more of a punch too.

So I have one actual bug to report and two nitpicks to voice, which I'll put here since Mike reads it. The bug is that Robo Fortune's taunt, while hilarious, can be performed in the air, which it clearly shouldn't be able to.
Oh god, just put jets coming out of the bottom of her feet and leave it, I probably wouldn't even care I'd never finish the animation.

Is her taunt even longer than Peacock's or BigBand's? Seems about the same length to me.

On an unrelated note, the more I play Robo, the more I really wish she had some standing move with a vacuum effect. Outside of c.MK, I feel like her normals are pretty short ranged in general and I found myself whiffing the next attack in my chain more-so than I have done with any character in the past.

Is her taunt even longer than Peacock's or BigBand's? Seems about the same length to me.

On an unrelated note, the more I play Robo, the more I really wish she had some standing move with a vacuum effect. Outside of c.MK, I feel like her normals are pretty short ranged in general and I found myself whiffing the next attack in my chain more-so than I have done with any character in the past.
BB is 118, Peacock is 103, Eliza is 109, Beo is ~105 and Robo is 163.

That's a full second longer for the most part.

Reactions: erkicman
It's already just barely long enough to fit in all the voice clips that are tied to it, which I assume is why it's that long in the first place. If you really want to use it, end your combos in A-Train/Excellabella assist, or use assists that can lockdown at a distance like H Bomber. You can also use your headrones to buy time to get a taunt in.

They might when they all affect the characters' stats in-battle

If Mike thought that taunts were important enough that their gameplay ramifications should always be considered, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have esoteric inputs like HK, LK, MP, MP, up. :p

Oh god, just put jets coming out of the bottom of her feet and leave it, I probably wouldn't even care I'd never finish the animation.

Heck no, Superjump j.HK > doublejump > taunt > taunt > taunt etc. = a bunch of characters are unable to reach you without wasting meter

You can also use your headrones to buy time to get a taunt in.
I've been trying that, even with well timed missiles and a well placed mine it's a lot harder than any other character I've tried (I can't speak to Peacock).

Heck no, Superjump j.HK > doublejump > taunt > taunt > taunt etc. = a bunch of characters are unable to reach you without wasting meter
I was joking. Though hypothetically you could limit the taunt to one use per jump, makes it safer, doesn't break anything other than being too safe. As said though, joking.

EDIT: okay... so no. it's not broken... the Ips works too. i did the same combo only this time I did c.hk into a train, and upon the second rep of mines IPS triggered. so... yeah ignore this shit. k thanks bye...

Last edited:
Val HK Bypass let's RF convert off sHK without using the OTG
Can convert after throw but uses OTG

I'm liking a Val/RF/BB team