• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo Fortune Discussion

The bug is that Robo Fortune's taunt, while hilarious, can be performed in the air, which it clearly shouldn't be able to.
Every. Damn. Time. :^S Fixed locally.

Can her taunt please be shortened by a few frames? It's a lot longer than any other taunt and with her on solo it's pretty difficult to get any set up that will cover her the entire time, even at full screen.
No, it's a taunt. And hers is completely non-central to her gameplay, so matching the VO is more important. Ha.

the mines might be a tad erm... broken? maybe because they ignore IPS (it does do 20 points of Dizzy after the juggling of the A Train assist),
They don't ignore it, they just behave slightly oddly because they count as "being spawned by c.HK".
So, in order for them to count you have to: use c.HK at stage 5, then hit with a mine, THEN use c.HK again in the same combo (now tracked because it has now "hit"), then hit with another mine. It does trigger IPS. So for all intents and purpose they're free, since that probably won't get changed.

No, it's a taunt. And hers is completely non-central to her gameplay, so matching the VO is more important. Ha.
"Aesthetic is more important than gameplay in a fighting game" -MikeZ, 2015

Sorry, just found the statement amusing, it's a taunt and practically any assist will cover it so it's not like it's a real issue, I get it.

"Aesthetic is more important than gameplay in a fighting game" -MikeZ, 2015
Sorry, just found the statement amusing, it's a taunt and practically any assist will cover it so it's not like it's a real issue, I get it.
Except I didn't actually SAY that.

Except I didn't actually SAY that.
No, you said that matching the VO was more important than the taunt practicality because the taunt wasn't central to the gameplay, I get that, but taking it out of context it can read a certain way, I was making a joke, I meant no offense.

I get what you were trying to say mike, but it certainly sounded like you were saying what Aden was saying.

That might be both hilarious and would shut some complaints if doing a taunt while in detonation mode would be shorter and speed up the voice like when you 'play' with a tape racorder. Useless and impractical? Totally, but people have to be careful about what they wish for!

As for the detonation mode, i don't mind it being a level 3, it just means that it's a move that can efficiently be taken advantage of by advanced player, and regular player will opt for the level 3 canon instead. I'm sure lot's of combotist will find way to take advantage of it. If it costed less, the detonation would be too useful and would be the best defense against those overly long combo!

Last edited:
That might be both hilarious and would shut some complaints if doing a taunt while in detonation mode would be shorter and speed up the voice like when you 'play' with a tape racorder. Useless and impractical? Totally, but people have to be careful about what they wish for!
I wish I had thought of suggesting that, it'd be amusing to hear some of those lines at high speed. I mean, I doubt it will happen, since it's not going to change much and might be a hassle to implement. Maybe that could be a balance for losing all your heads when you explode.

Reactions: K.Radical
I get what you were trying to say mike, but it certainly sounded like you were saying what Aden was saying.

I have no idea how the heck people see the stuff they do sometimes. It's a taunt. It's not designed for practicality, it's designed around making your opponent want to strangle you. Not every character needs a super practical taunt, especially if the gameplay designer feels there's nothing to add there that'd be central to her gameplay. The fact that you GOT practical taunts with characters like Big Band and Beowulf should be considered the exception to the rule.

Reactions: K.Radical
I have no idea how the heck people see the stuff they do sometimes. It's a taunt. It's not designed for practicality, it's designed around making your opponent want to strangle you. Not every character needs a super practical taunt, especially if the gameplay designer feels there's nothing to add there that'd be central to her gameplay. The fact that you GOT practical taunts with characters like Big Band and Beowulf should be considered the exception to the rule.

Isn't her taunt practical as well though? it increases the amount of missiles, that means more damage, and longer pauses for them being able to attack you, That seems practical to me.

I have one small issue with det mode being yellow/orange if each team has a robo with det mode out..... of course this would be a rare occurance, but i thought i should point out that they both look the same during det mode when they do not fade out into standard character pallete display. (you just have to keep an eye on when robo fades in and out of det mode repetedly) Not a big deal though.

Big Band the only one I would say you should work taunts into your gameplay with and that's arguable. He's inspired by Q who did want to make space to taunt as well.

Reactions: dead
I have one small issue with det mode being yellow/orange if each team has a robo with det mode out..... of course this would be a rare occurance, but i thought i should point out that they both look the same during det mode when they do not fade out into standard character palete display. (you just have to keep an eye on when robo fades in and out of det mode repetedly) Not a big deal though.
Samus pallets have rainbow flashes, and lets be honest, who doesn't use them.

I guess i need to make sure if all besides those 2 are the same, i just picked out 2 random palletes when this popped into my head.

Every single taunt causes a practical benefit. Even Peacock's, though hardly anyone uses it.
Taunts are much more integral to BB / Beo play though, for sure.

Did it? Replace the word "taunt" with "intro" and it doesn't sound like that at all. And they're basically the same thing, since it's a taunt.

Every single taunt causes a practical benefit. Even Peacock's, though hardly anyone uses it.
Taunts are much more integral to BB / Beo play though, for sure.
OK fine, removing the missile buff. :^)

Mike said he wasn't shortening the taunt, the only post since on that subject that has actually contributed anything to the discussion was the one about taunting during Det mode. I made a joke about the wording of Mike's sentence, didn't think it would cause a non-issue to get dragged out, I wasn't being malicious.

Reactions: Reznika
Samus pallets have rainbow flashes, and lets be honest, who doesn't use them.
Only Gravity Suit has Hyper Beam flashing, Varia Suit is Yellow
btw it's palettes, a pallet is this http://gregoryspallets.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/wooden-pallet-3736911.jpg

Even Peacock's, though hardly anyone uses it.
MrPeck taunts a lot! Tenraiha deals a lotta chip and he does funky things with it such as Tag to Bella and then recover in time to still do a mixup

Nooo my air taunt
Since Robo taunt is (intentionally) bad, can't we keep it
It's so fun!! :X

Since Robo taunt is (intentionally) bad, can't we keep it
It's not bad, it's just so long you need an assist to cover it, which isn't a real problem, just something that bugged me. And more missiles is a great effect, there's nothing wrong with the taunt other than you can float, which is already fixed.

Why is Robo-Fortune's collision box orange when she does 236K?

Enemies can pass through it. Like Doubles flesh step I think?
Unless you mean HK. That's orange from the overlap of green and red boxes.

Usually when that happens, the collision box simply disappears.

Double's hitboxes become orange because flesh step is projectile invincible, but if you notice, her collision box isn't even there.

Another example is when you hit someone with Fortune's Nom. They lose their collision box to allow you to pass through them.

Valentine loses her collision box on Bypass also.

Bugs: Robo's block animation kind of teleports to certain parts of the screen when blocking her own 236K move. Not sure what affects that.

Means enemies can pass through ONLY ON HIT.
Same for copter and wulf blitzer.

Bugs: Robo's block animation kind of teleports to certain parts of the screen when blocking her own 236K move. Not sure what affects that.
Agh yeah, I really need to switch that and Eliza's to use the chair tech.

Reactions: Jet Set Dizzy
Except when those are the only taunts, they kind of are the rule, since there's nothing else to compare them to.

ooh ooh i like to complain about little things

will the "blob" at the end of the j.hp shockwave animation be changed or something? the faint flash of color bothers me kinda a lot because i'm a lil bitch

You know what just doesn't make any sense?

How do the characters block Robo's Magnet Grab? If it can grab them in the first place, why cant it grab them when they block, it's obviously a super powerful magnet

And this makes even less sense with Beowulf's blocks, Big band, and Even other Robo fortunes because all of them have very high content of metal on them, it should still grab them.

ooh ooh i like to complain about little things
will the "blob" at the end of the j.hp shockwave animation be changed or something? the faint flash of color bothers me kinda a lot because i'm a lil bitch
What blob?

Just saying, having a taunt doesnt mean you need to do it. More missles was so minor.

You know what just doesn't make any sense?

How do the characters block Robo's Magnet Grab? If it can grab them in the first place, why cant it grab them when they block, it's obviously a super powerful magnet

And this makes even less sense with Beowulf's blocks, Big band, and Even other Robo fortunes because all of them have very high content of metal on them, it should still grab them.
Not sure if you are being serious or just making a joke, but in case you were serious.

If you couldn't block the grab, you would have a whole mess of unavoidable resets.

What blob?
9wtQTD1.png

it's not as distinct on the default compared to the other palettes

Last edited:
Not sure if you are being serious or just making a joke, but in case you were serious.

If you couldn't block the grab, you would have a whole mess of unavoidable resets.
It's sorta a joke, and sorta not, Gameplay wise i understand it, but common sense wise i'm serious, Seriously, it's a magnet, it attracts metal, why would blocking it with metal push it away.

What I want to know is how Robo-Fortune even grabs Beowulf.
He has a magnet and it has to be powerful enough to cause his chair to fly from fullscreen back towards him.
Wouldn't his magnet, I don't know, repel him away from Robo's?

I know it's beta and it's not permanent but please don't make jumping HK a mid. She needs some offensive tools if she does get in and is playing as a rush character. I know MP is still an overhead but HK float is slow so should be easily blockable on reaction and you can make it similar to PW where only the first hit is an overhead.

Reactions: Reznika and Aden
I know it's beta and it's not permanent but please don't make jumping HK a mid. She needs some offensive tools if she does get in and is playing as a rush character. I know MP is still an overhead but HK float is slow so should be easily blockable on reaction and you can make it similar to PW where only the first hit is an overhead.
Only the first hit WAS an overhead, that's true of all multihit attacks.
However, being that you can change your float speed, you can make it very difficult to gauge whether she or the assist will hit first.
Sooooo....no.

Tager magnet feels a lot more satisfying to hit now that you can't just hold it down the whole duration and expect it to always connect.

from todays patch notes:

- s.MP +1f hitstun on all hits; must hold down MP to get the spark hits; spark hits pull opponent closer; hitbox on spark hits expanded.
- s.MK pulls downward vs air.

yessssssssssssssssssssssssss

That and the headdrone changes got me like
FTBeq1g.gif

Reactions: dMags
Are there any other moves that you have to hold down to get the followups? Feels a little weird to hold down the button instead of just a second tap, is there a reason or inspiration for why its held down?