• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo Fortune Discussion

Are there any other moves that you have to hold down to get the followups? Feels a little weird to hold down the button instead of just a second tap, is there a reason or inspiration for why its held down?
Magnet pull, just like her super since it pulls in now.

Are there any other moves that you have to hold down to get the followups? Feels a little weird to hold down the button instead of just a second tap, is there a reason or inspiration for why its held down?
- Victor's electricity attacks all require holding down the button, so it is sort of what electricity seems like it "should" do.
- Big Band's trumpet requires you to hold down the button.
- Magnet (as mentioned) requires it.
- Beowulf's s.LP and s.MP.
- Painwheel's armored attacks.
and
- Making it a second tap it would have to be a VERY fast second tap, and you're much more likely to do it accidentally if you're a double-tap person like I am (since 3s). So it's also less error prone...

Thanks for taking my last post on board, Mike. Got another bug. Robo Fortune's j.HP is incapable of jump-cancelling when fighting against Marie. Every other air normal works properly in that regard and I can do it with that move fine on other characters, so I don't think it's incompetence on my part, and I started to spam the move once I noticed, so the projectile probably didn't secretly trade with a skull every time I used it.

Thank you for the quality of life changes to MP and MK

Reactions: Zevak
Does anyone else feel like c.LK can be hit confirmed into s.MP reliably? I was just messing with it and I felt like it was possible but I'm a really slow person.

yes. why would you not think that?
I think he means

Do c.LK, have enough time to see if it actually hit and react with a s.MP and still combo.

the answer is still yes. you can tap c.lk and if it hits you enough time to go into s.mp.

Squigly crLP

Reactions: Waasiq
robo's c.lk is +7 on hit, so you got a healthy amount of time to confirm into s.mp

robo's c.lk is +7 on hit, so you got a healthy amount of time to confirm into s.mp

Doesn't matter what it is on hit as much as total hitstun. Take the total hitstun c.LK, subtract the startup of s.MP, and you get an idea of how many frames of reaction time you get. Don't have any of these numbers off hand at the moment though.

Thanks for all the nice changes today, Mike.

Was anything said about Magnet working on Painwheel's flight since the Salty it was first shown? Just curious if that's ever going to happen or not.

it goes straight to stage 5 sometimes?

@Mike_Z

Last edited:

You're landing on the ground sometimes when the IPS goes to stage 5. I think that's how that works? Rejumps after the first air chain go to stage 5?

You're landing on the ground sometimes when the IPS goes to stage 5. I think that's how that works? Rejumps after the first air chain go to stage 5?
I'm not landing though, I thought maybe it was because a very low dj would take you to stage 5 counting as a rejump but sometimes it doesnt go up while looking like it was even lower...

It is the thing where you are counted as grounded before you actually hit the ground.

It has been around forever and I'm pretty sure Mike said it is too difficult to fix at this point.

Only the first hit WAS an overhead, that's true of all multihit attacks.
However, being that you can change your float speed, you can make it very difficult to gauge whether she or the assist will hit first.
Sooooo....no.
Can I assume this means you'll think about it? :^)

Edit: activate level 3 in air please?

Last edited:
You're hittin' the floor bruh.

Can I assume this means you'll think about it? :^)
No, Dan, otherwise I wouldn't have taken it out.

She is 100% animation complete, so no.

No, Dan, otherwise I wouldn't have taken it out.

poop

Reactions: Gahooglydonks

Technically, you can do it (and the other supers) in the air for a Stage 1:

But Mostly from her Air beam. So you may want to look into it in some form, unless you don't mind that kind of feature.

That feature lets Filia get a ground dash off of an air HK hairball I believe, so I don't think it's going anywhere. Or at least I hope not, I love using it.

That feature lets Filia get a ground dash off of an air HK hairball I believe, so I don't think it's going anywhere. Or at least I hope not, I love using it.
It's still an airdash, it's that you can do grounded normals from it.

And um @Kit Ballard you missed the point of his suggestion. :^P

I alllllways confirm with 2LK 5MP 5MK now, soooo good.

Basically I hold the 5MP down but chain into the 5MK on hit before the second hit of MP.

This is so godlike against pushblocks and is nearly as high damage as 2LK 2MP 5MK anyway.

Please let me keep it, please.

Reactions: Yomabuddy

the landing and jumping animations don't seem to be happening (looking at the vid at 25% speed) but the collision point, the little blue dot that every character has, does touch the ground. That tells you whether you're on the ground or not. Not the animation itself.

But I'm also not getting normal jump height and losing access to double jumps, if I'm touching the ground I should get those back.

Is it just me, or do you have to be like... frame-perfect to hit crouching Filia with j.HK? Each hit of the copter only has 1 active frame and Filia is so short when crouching that you've only got one possible frame where the j.HK will be low enough to the floor to hit her.

Is it just me, or do you have to be like... frame-perfect to hit crouching Filia with j.HK? Each hit of the copter only has 1 active frame and Filia is so short when crouching that you've only got one possible frame where the j.HK will be low enough to the floor to hit her.
All hits are mid, I don't think you should do it on crouching anyone.

Do j.MP if you want a multi-hit overhead now.

@CaioLugon

A character's anchor point is allowed to pass the floor without actually landing while a move is still in its animation.

You fall low enough during your j.MK that the anchor point passes the floor, but you don't land right away because it is still in its animation.
When you jump cancel from this point, it considers you to have landed and puts you in stage 5.

That's what mike meant by:
Because your anchor point is passing the floor. You don't land, but you are hitting the floor.

Yes, I understand that, but is it not a problem?

All hits are mid, I don't think you should do it on crouching anyone.

Its still seems like it would be a useful crossup since you can alter your air momentum. Crouching or not.

Yes, I understand that, but is it not a problem?
Sure, it's a problem. But it's an edge case, and prooooooooobably not going to get fixed. The solution is, do something else. :^|

Um, is H Beam supposed to be -8 on hit still, when L and M Beam are I think -4? (The frame data in game doesn't show beam framedata right, only shows one number and on some characters it's only 8 while on others it's 88 so I'm confused what that number is meant to be)

Every single taunt causes a practical benefit. Even Peacock's, though hardly anyone uses it.

Yes hello I taunt for the spikeballs.