• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo Fortune Discussion

@Mike_Z someone mentioned that robo is done. Just wanted to know if we were going to get to try the cat head commands to cancel into each other or not.

Reactions: Zero8teen(DG)
recently just saw The new avengers movie. is there any reference to ultron in any of R.fortunes lines?

I think we're past recording any new dialogue at this point.

I'm kind of saddened Robo might miss out on some good tools because Mike doesn't want to take any risks, I understand why, but I really don't want her not end up underpowered. Then again, she might be mostly fine as is, kind of hard to tell at this point..

Could you please reconsider making Danger! 214 and Headdrone 236? Pretty please? It feels so wrong currently. :c

Reactions: Zevak
Mike... would you consider Robo Fortune being able to taunt cancel a s.hk?

Could we get some kind of input buffer after j.MK? You can link into j.LK and j.LP after it but its pretty finicky.

Honestly I'm having no luck with trying to get a decent Robo combo that I can actually execute.

Um, is H Beam supposed to be -8 on hit still, when L and M Beam are I think -4? (The frame data in game doesn't show beam framedata right, only shows one number and on some characters it's only 8 while on others it's 88 so I'm confused what that number is meant to be)
Yes, because H is traveling projectiles so the advantage increases as you get farther away. Everything is -4 on hit at fullscreen.
H is multihitand really good, so it's gonna be worse either way.

@Mike_Z someone mentioned that robo is done. Just wanted to know if we were going to get to try the cat head commands to cancel into each other or not.
Tried it locally already. I wasn't a fan, sorry - missiles-mine-RAM was like a 7 second blockstring in the corner, and it basically didn't help zoning at all. Plus it caused a lot of problems with getting heads confused between what they were supposed to do like having mines launch missiles* that it wasn't immediately obvious how I could fix.

Mike... would you consider Robo Fortune being able to taunt cancel a s.hk?
Probably not, but I did consider being able to c.HK cancel it on hit. We'll see.

Could you please reconsider making Danger! 214 and Headdrone 236? Pretty please? It feels so wrong currently. :c
Considered. Rejected.

Could we get some kind of input buffer after j.MK? You can link into j.LK and j.LP after it but its pretty finicky.
Both s.MK and s.[MP] are +10 on hit. That's a 4f link into s.LP and a 3f link into s.LK. j.MK is also +10, but j.LP is a 3f link and j.LK is a 2f link. I can probably add a thing there.

* To the person who's gonna ask for that as a feature, don't do it.

Reactions: Era and erkicman
Tried it locally already. I wasn't a fan, sorry - missiles-mine-RAM was like a 7 second blockstring in the corner, and it basically didn't help zoning at all. Plus it caused a lot of problems with getting heads confused between what they were supposed to do like having mines launch missiles* that it wasn't immediately obvious how I could fix.

Understandable.

That reminds me of something that was bothering me. Let's say you have 3 heads, and you place one as a mine and then use up the other two. Even though there is only 1 active head on the screen, trying to summon another head via c.HK would destroy the mine you placed. Is this intentional or can we make it so it doesn't destroy that head?

That reminds me of something that was bothering me. Let's say you have 3 heads, and you place one as a mine and then use up the other two. Even though there is only 1 active head on the screen, trying to summon another head via c.HK would destroy the mine you placed. Is this intentional or can we make it so it doesn't destroy that head?
Oh, crap. It's supposed to be that having a mine out limits you to 2 other heads, not that the mine goes away. Lemme see about fixing that.

I was wondering if there was anything cool we could do with Robo's heads when she dies instead of them just floating there. I was thinking the other heads would fly off screen on her death or they would explode. There is nothing wrong with the way they are now, its just kinda weird they float there motionless on her death.

I doubt you want to do anything that might affect game play but they could try to kamikaze you on her death in a last ditch effort to kill the opponent. Just a thought

Since she's a zoner, can we have one beam per jump? aka a 2nd on double jump loop corner combos?

didn't mike pre-emptively say no already

I was wondering if there was anything cool we could do with Robo's heads when she dies instead of them just floating there. I was thinking the other heads would fly off screen on her death or they would explode. There is nothing wrong with the way they are now, its just kinda weird they float there motionless on her death.
I figure losing them on death makes reviving her worse, but if Robo players would rather not have that I'd actually aesthetically prefer they leave.

Since she's a zoner, can we have one beam per jump? aka a 2nd on double jump loop corner combos?
You have asked for this for every character you play. Can you not? :^)

How about they all plant themselves as inactive mines upon death and upon reanimation start to float again, or all disappear and reappear above her head?

Reactions: erkicman and gllt
i'm fine with what ever the heads do when robo kitty dies. Although them just floating there staring at you as you fight is kinda funny and creepy at the same time.

Reactions: The Dave
is there any way to use her head drones mid combo solo without a super or the drone being the first hit?

mmmmmmhhhh... no ...? i think not. With assists sure you can use a head to continue a combo but none of the normals/ special moves give enough time to use a head.

Please building up Launch Headrone!!!!!!!! please~~~
Robo's melee is too weak. so I need some projectiles protect myself. but i can't find a chance to do it. only beam really not enough. no a forte currently. i was repeatedly fiasco TOO PAIN. : (

Robo's melee is too weak. so I need some projectiles protect myself. but i can't find a chance to do it. only beam really not enough. no a forte currently. i was repeatedly fiasco TOO PAIN. : (

Here's what I found:

HK Danger and throw are really good at knocking people away and causing knockdown. If you want to protect yourself from people teching toward you at that point, plant a landmine.

s.HK is really good at knocking the opponent clear across the screen and should give you plenty of time to set up whatever head situations you need.

If your opponents put too much pressure on you, armor with s.HP and confirm into super and go from there...

Reactions: Roroline
So, Magnetic Trap still doesn't pull in flying Painwheel. Is this known?

2015-05-03_00003.jpg

It does grab Painwheel if positioned just right at the end of her flight, though, so that's nice. I think I pulled that off once or twice on the AI.

Reactions: erkicman
So, Magnetic Trap still doesn't pull in flying Painwheel. Is this known?

View attachment 9672

It does grab Painwheel if positioned just right at the end of her flight, though, so that's nice. I think I pulled that off once or twice on the AI.

I just saw this while playing against the AI as well. It turns out the magnet doesn't even affect Painwheel's flight trajectories. She just needs to fly outside of the magnetic zone and she'll not risk getting grabbed.

is there any way to use her head drones mid combo solo without a super or the drone being the first hit?
Probably something with detmode.

Here's what I found:

HK Danger and throw are really good at knocking people away and causing knockdown. If you want to protect yourself from people teching toward you at that point, plant a landmine.

s.HK is really good at knocking the opponent clear across the screen and should give you plenty of time to set up whatever head situations you need.

If your opponents put too much pressure on you, armor with s.HP and confirm into super and go from there...

I haven't a plan solve air offensives, Some attack easy to break s.HP

Valentine J.LK , Filia Fukua and Double J.MP , Big band j.MK .......... and fast s.LP with combo.

Maybe quicken s.HP speed? magnet good but need energy.

It is possible to air to air with j.LK or air throw against those buttons depending on your spacing. s.HP is by no means a good reversal and it's most likely not getting buffed so might want to try avoiding the situations where you need it.

Edit: if you have a DP assist that is also a great, less committal way to get opponents to not run into you.

I figure losing them on death makes reviving her worse, but if Robo players would rather not have that I'd actually aesthetically prefer they leave.
I'm a huge fan of them watching the rest of the fight, I'd hate if they disappeared.

When you confirm either Dust or sweep it's a free head, just keep that in mind.

Reactions: Reznika
When you confirm either Dust or sweep it's a free head, just keep that in mind.

I don't call dropping your hard momentum "free". It is possible, but I wouldn't do it without an assist call to keep up the combo/reset situation.

Can some of the new taunts become holdable? and if you end the match in the taunt they stay in the taunt pose kinda like beowulf does with his riker chair. Not all the taunts need all of these, or any for that matter, It'd just be a nice salt inducing action depending on the taunt.
all the new taunts except maybe parasoul's and fukuas would do well with holds or match ending pose holds.

If R-fortune finishes a match with her level 3 still flashing she doesn't explode. She should blow up like cyrax at the end if the match ends like that. You know with robot pieces scattering around the screen kinda like vals time out.

You know with robot pieces scattering around the screen kinda like vals time out.
Her time out animation IS blowing to pieces that scatter about.

I in all honesty think that the robo heads should stay watching the match.

First, if they get revived by val's level 5, they would have to spend time getting them all back, and that would make it harder on them.

Second, I think it's pretty cool to have them just chilling out and watching the match.

Her time out animation IS blowing to pieces that scatter about.
oh i didn't know. I haven't timed out with her yet.

oh i didn't know. I haven't timed out with her yet.
It's pretty hard to time out in the game. I only found out because I had a bug where it would happen on regular KO, I really enjoyed that, honestly wish it was just her KO, but then it'd be weird for Val to work with that.

I in all honesty think that the robo heads should stay watching the match.

First, if they get revived by val's level 5, they would have to spend time getting them all back, and that would make it harder on them.

Second, I think it's pretty cool to have them just chilling out and watching the match.

It doesn't matter that the heads need to spend time to come back because robo goes back to being off point. I also wanna say theres a delay before you can tag them back into the match in the first place, and if there isn't then why would you tag anyways? She's gonna be at mildly uncomfortably low health.

You're right from a gameplay standpoint, she goes off screen so what the heads are doing doesn't matter from that perspective.

Personally I'm just really amused by the heads tracking the characters after Robo is KO'd, it's something I really hope stays.

I was hoping st. HP gets a minor buff since she has no invincible moves. I was hoping for 3 hits of armor like Bella or just make the HP come out x frames faster because the startup takes forever.

Reactions: Dime
I was hoping st. HP gets a minor buff since she has no invincible moves. I was hoping for 3 hits of armor like Bella or just make the HP come out x frames faster because the startup takes forever.

Agreed. If she has no reversal against strikes, at least make it so that her armored move is... Decent. Faster startup or more armored hits I feel is warranted. Nothing to extreme, just a slight buff is all.