• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

RWBY

Does anyone know what's going on with Volume 4?

Does anyone know what's going on with Volume 4?
Volume 3 just ended last month. After every volume they take a little break then start storyboarding for the next volume. You won't start seeing any real news until MAYBE the summer for RTX or something. Best guess? Probably Dec-Jan 2017 might be the start of Vol. 4, but that's just a guess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RWBY#Release said:
Volume 4 was confirmed during an interview with AfterBuzz TV, in which producer/co-director Gray Haddock mentioned that Miles Luna and Kerry Shawcross have begun writing for the new Volume. It was also mentioned that the hiatus between Volumes 3 and 4 would be shorter than previous seasons.[citation needed]
Hoping this is true and maybe get volume 4 started by autumn at best.
I am too hype for this show.

I even got the early access game on Steam and still need to read the manga.

Also, I'm surprised that, when I finally jumped in, it's RIGHT after the latest season ended. lol

When I first saw this thread, I thought it was just another anime game or something, then years later (recently) I saw Yang vs Tifa Death Battle on youtube, then I found out it was a show, and now here I am. It's kind of like how I found Skullgirls. You see it, dismiss it, then you get curious and look into it and it turns out to be amazing. lol

I hope we get it a little sooner, Barb did say they'd be playing each volume in theaters throughout the summer leading up to volume 4

I hope we get it a little sooner, Barb did say they'd be playing each volume in theaters throughout the summer leading up to volume 4
Hopefully Canadian theatres, also...

Reactions: Kyugetsuki
http://teamrwby.com/screenings.html#screenings

See if you can find a theater near you for the screening. The theater I usually go to is playing it, but it's on a Wed. and I work. They mentioned something about that weekend also showing it but haven't seen listings on times yet.

Volume 3 just ended last month. After every volume they take a little break then start storyboarding for the next volume. You won't start seeing any real news until MAYBE the summer for RTX or something. Best guess? Probably Dec-Jan 2017 might be the start of Vol. 4, but that's just a guess.
I think the hiatus will be shorter than the previous seasons

can't wake up
1459481721259.png

I wonder what that's about.

i think it's gonna be a crossover with Romance of the Three Kingdoms
The Battle of Chi Bi was a very significant event during that time period, after all

Reactions: The Dave
I wonder if Lu Bu will take Pyhrra's place on team JNPR

I want a chibi Ruby.
And chibi Weiss.
And chibi Blake.
And chibi Yang.
And chibi everyone else.

Gimme.

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
Don't they have chibi merch on their store?

99% sure it was just usual April Fools stuff granted they did a good job with the effort to make it look convincing with a working chibi model with the VA. On the off chance this is legit then it's likely non canon spin off comedy short skits that will be much more light hearted compared to the main series. I honestly wouldn't mind this since it would make the wait for the next volume much easier.

Oh no, this is legit. RT don't do april fools jokes since the company was founded on april 1st, it's kinda their thing. They're making this sorta mini-series specifically to bridge the wait for Volume 4 (which by the way they announced will premier in the Fall.) It probably is gonna be just silly little comedy skits and shorts that aren't canon, but hey that's cool, as long as in 2 years time they decide not to rip my heart out of my chest again with this series.

I honestly hope hat the shorts don't have actual dialogue and everything just communicated through grunts and effort noises

I hope they do something about Yang trying on different arms...

Don't they have chibi merch on their store?
I want chibis for people with no money. Like me.

now I want to see a skit where Yang goes arm shopping
there'll be an MGS reference in there somewhere

It'll be like,
she gets the bionic arm, equips Rocket Punch, then she shoots her arm which then shoots bullets, while she's shooting bullets with her other arm.
It'd be great.

I'm still trying to find the practicality of that, because I just can't handle that much at once. Guess I'd be dead against her, then.

Magikarp used Food Poisoning.
It's super effective!
Blake "fainted".

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
I might say it was okay series, Volume 1 had a rocky start, and Volume 3 was pretty bombastic.
The yellow trailer really hooked me from the series, other than that I find some characters to be likeable.

Man.. I still need to watch episodes 4 -> Finale for Volume 3 T~T Stupid dumb cellphone tethered interwebz.. BRING ON THE BLURAYS already x,x Still need to get Vol1 >.>

Is it just me or does the area between Chibi Jaune's mouth and nose look weird?