• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

RWBY

Digging the new outfits especially the Ruby one. Grimm being encountered seems to be getting stronger. Ruby also seems to have more angst when she fights since I can feel the hate from the fight, but considering the shot from last season that is understandable.

I LOVE those subtitles.

And I return from the panel at NYCC. They showcased the new intro, and tbh, I wasn't that impressed. They did say though that it was incomplete so I'm gonna give them the benefit of a doubt. Anywho, from here on out I'm gonna put this stuff in spoilers because yea...

First, CINDER SURVIVES!!!! She is, however completely scarred on the left side of her body and is wearing a massive eyepatch on her left eye, safe to assume she lost it.

Second, this indeed is gonna be a story that's split between each member, each kinda going on their own journey. I would expect a lot of parallels in the story until they all intersect again.

Third, a lot of new faces in the intro, including what looks like 2 men with Weiss who appear to be butlers. Blake seems like she reunites with Sun, and is joined by a really big dude who kinda gives off an Alex Armstrong vibe from FMA, as well as a kid who appears to be pre-teens. Both appear to be faunus. Yang stays home with Taiyang and is shown trying to train to fight with 1 arm against him, but her past still looks like it's haunting her and the shot pans to a giant picture of Adam in the background.

Fourth, Jaune, Ren, and Nora also have new outfits. They're still somewhat similar but Nora now sports a very dark blue bomber jacket. All of them also let their hair grow out a bit. Jaune is also seen wearing a brown sash around his waist to commemorate Pyrrah.

Fifth, World of Remnant is back and this Volume will be voiced by Vic Mignogna as Qrow.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head after the screening, other than showing a very very VERY rough cut of the first 2 minutes of chapter 1, though I'm gonna hold off on that for now, but they did say chapter 1 was going to be about 18 minutes long, so it's a good one.

So is the entire series Rooster Teeth FIRST only, or is there something like a 24hr delay before non-paying members can watch the episodes?

Saturday is for First members, Sunday is public on the RT website, 1 week later for Youtube.

Reactions: erkicman
"Eye" wonder about this and the talk about eyes.
Grimm Symbols.png

"Eye" wonder about this and the talk about eyes.View attachment 13957
Salem's symbol and spells.

Also, I suspect Ozpin Lives. Unlike Pyrah and Amber, we don't have a body or Onscreen Death of Ozpin to confirm he is gone, only Cinder's word.

Also got verification of Jaune's symbol underneath his armor. Had a feeling it was what it was based on the clues.

Jaune's onesies has a rabbit head on it, and it matches perfectly with the outline on the bottom of his armor. That whole scene was hilarious though.

Dr. Watt was being a bully, Tyrien was just insane with his observations. Maple did not care either way.

Now...who were the two Empty Chairs for...

Dr. Watt was being a bully, Tyrien was just insane with his observations. Maple did not care either way.

Now...who were the two Empty Chairs for...
They can't be fore Mercury and Emerald, right?

They can't be fore Mercury and Emerald, right?
No, or else they would have been sitting in them.

Speculation I've shared with a friend.....One of the Chair's may belong to Raven Branwen, Yang's birthmom

No, or else they would have been sitting in them.

Speculation I've shared with a friend.....One of the Chair's may belong to Raven Branwen, Yang's birthmom

On one hand, that would explain some things.
1) Neo running away scared shitless when Raven shows up in Vol 2 because she knows who Raven is and pissing her off is a terrible idea.
2) She would know exactly where to find Yang on the train because she's not only keeping tabs on her daughter, but also silently watching the bad guys hastily execute their plan ahead of schedule.

However, if Qrow is still keeping contact with her every great once in a while, surely he'd have found out his sister is part of whatever organization Salem is heading unless he's so busy with his work he never bothered tailing his sister.

Reactions: MarioToast
However, if Qrow is still keeping contact with her every great once in a while, surely he'd have found out his sister is part of whatever organization Salem is heading unless he's so busy with his work he never bothered tailing his sister.

Not Necessairly, remember he says he will hlp yang track her down indicating he has a general idea of her movments, even with the portals. this does not discount that he does not always kno where his little sister is.

Anyways, Weiss-centric episode next tie and we will learn how Papa Schnee thinks.

this episode hit me like a train

Agreed.

On a separate note,
Whitley Schnee, youngest son...gives me bad vibes. The Family Portrait with only him and Jaques Schnee Smiling also is not a good sign.

Reactions: MarioToast
A friend told me a theory that Jacques may have married into the Schnee family given his name isn't Germanic.

A friend told me a theory that Jacques may have married into the Schnee family given his name isn't Germanic.

...To quote monty:

"Look At the Map. DO you see China? No. Do you See Germany? No. Then Fuck off." Our World Nationalities do not matter in RWBY, this has been established since before Episode 1 of Volume 1.

Reactions: KZN02
...To quote monty:

"Look At the Map. DO you see China? No. Do you See Germany? No. Then Fuck off." Our World Nationalities do not matter in RWBY, this has been established since before Episode 1 of Volume 1.
Welp, that theory is bunk then.

...To quote monty:

Tell that to all of the people who keep saying Pyrrha and Yang are Canadian.

show got me feelin some feelins right where i feel today

Tell that to all of the people who keep saying Pyrrha and Yang are Canadian.
I'll go looking for the Livestream Miles, Monty and Kerry did before RWBY Episodes started (But after Yellow Trailer was out). Miles and Kerry started LAUGHING as soon as Monty said that.

Mercury/Kali is the truest of Crack Ships

(hint: their VAs are married in real life)

Well I defenitely wasn't expecting our resident psycho to be a Scorpion Faunus. That caught me off guard!

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
I wonder if Medivh and Qrow ever sit down and talk about how it is being guardians that transform into black birds.
...and I REALLY hope the similarities don't go much further, considering Medivh's history...