• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Salty Updates 18 July 2014

pfft death screams

My suggestion would be a sound bite of @Tomar saying "Blockbuster KO!" or something cornball like how there was in CvS2 "Finest KO" and MvC1 "Hyper Combo Finish!"

All the characters already have death lines, but they don't play 100% of the time. Cerebella says "Not enough practice," Peacock says "I smell bread," Squigly says "It's not so bad," and Big Band says "Salt peanuts."

The best thing about the Poccola effect is that it tells newbies that are getting double snap'd that what's going on isn't a bug
As if that's going to work

I remember endless videos like this one
Hitsounds change, red sparks, and there's a big purple thing on top of them.. probably means nothing.

Reactions: dragonos451
All the characters already have death lines, but they don't play 100% of the time. Cerebella says "Not enough practice," Peacock says "I smell bread," Squigly says "It's not so bad," and Big Band says "Salt peanuts."
Those seem to play when you're jabbed chipped or hit with a weak type of attack like in 3s. Curious why there's no ko screams actually.

Those seem to play when you're jabbed chipped or hit with a weak type of attack like in 3s. Curious why there's no ko screams actually.

Maybe the actors didn't want to actually screaM? or yell?

And I'm sure the VAs aren't afraid of screaming every once in a while.

Reactions: Cawtime
Just wondering, the death screen effect doesn't happen if you kill them with chip damage, right?

also, you should make the mike z face pop up and laugh along with the goofy laugh when you KO 2 characters at the same time with a super.

Reactions: TechPowah
Is there any way we could get an extra special effect on lvl 3 and lvl 5 super kills?

yes, someone from lab 0 will come and high five you. if nobody from lab 0 is around at the time, you may be required to high five yourself until further notice.

also, you should make the mike z face pop up and laugh along with the goofy laugh when you KO 2 characters at the same time with a super.

nah, that would make it appear way too often so it will lose its sense of specialness.

there should be a <10% chance it will appear on the mike z cat from LnL hitting.
so like 1% for the cat, <10% to get the goofy face = super happy celebration time. congratulations! you won skullgirls!

Nope!
I was imagining something like different color KO screens, kinda like how the background to DHC is a different color depending on if it's your first or your second DHC, or even just a different color based on which lvl super you used as the first super. But if it's not gonna happen, that's fine too I guess.

While we're on the subject of random events, how about a random fart noise whenever someone super-jumps?

i'm 12 and farts are hilarious

Reactions: Muro and Eben
While we're on the subject of random events, how about a random fart noise whenever someone super-jumps?

i'm 12 and farts are hilarious
I concur.
I've played lots of Rogue Legacy, and every time I get a character with IBS (makes you fart randomly) I find myself needing to pause the game to laugh.

I concur.
I've played lots of Rogue Legacy, and every time I get a character with IBS (makes you fart randomly) I find myself needing to pause the game to laugh.
Wait...is that a real thing?

I was imagining something like different color KO screens,
Oh I know, so was I.
that's fine too I guess.
Yes it is, because you could have NONE of this. Just remember that each time you ask for more.

Reactions: Cawtime and Denizen
Yes it is, because you could have NONE of this. Just remember that each time you ask for more.
I know it's all extra, that's why I always say I'm fine with not getting any extra-extra. Anything I ever ask for here I make sure to be fine with not getting it before I ask. Sometimes I just over excite myself and then depress myself within the same post thinking about something that could happen that could be really cool before realizing it probably won't happen and that kinda might suck.

Wait...is that a real thing?
I can't find a video without some mouthbreather "commentating" over it, but yeah, it happens.

Using the tekken mix up I see. ;)