• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

I really wanna see what Mei (I hope that's her name)'s deal is.
She's so uber cute, Jesus.
Crossbows dude is super hype though. Put him in P4A2 Atlus.

Dengeki has an article on Personaless!Sho. It's kinda in Japanese, but here's what I could make out from Google Translate and dscussion on Dustloop:

• He'll play more like a BlazBlue character than the others due to not having a Persona (A, B, and C are attacks, whereas D is some sort of defensive move than can be canceled into)
  • He's apparently pretty fast.
  • All of his attacks have the word moon in them. (That might end up becoming very important.)
  • He has a Round Trip. Be afraid.
  • His title is similar to "The Law-Defying Pun Machine." Never knew he was punny.

If he's faster than Brosuke, we might have a problem. I like the prospect of no Persona, though. Wondering exactly what his D attack is gonna be like.

Wait, if Sho doesn't have a Persona, what is he using in battle in the trailer? I know I saw him something something multiple times in the second trailer that recently came out.

Wait, if Sho doesn't have a Persona, what is he using in battle in the trailer? I know I saw him something something multiple times in the second trailer that recently came out.
He has a personaless version, and a persona version, looks like.
Guess they'll be different like Labrys and Shadow Labrys.

I doubt Sho is the mastermind. He strikes me more as a chaotic individual that does what he pleases that is a 'pawn' to the real mastermind.

Wondering exactly what his D attack is gonna be like.
Dude! Keep the talk SFW please.

I'm still hoping Sho is the young Daidara.

Also, reading the premise for Persona Q got me wondering - why the heck don't these dumbasses just switch schools? It's like the darn thing is literally built on top of the maw of Hell. o_0

Anywho, I'm wondering about the Adachi caption at the trailer's end...
0gzv1nn.jpg

If Adachi is playable I'd be fine with that.
I mean, I have a friend who RPed him on DA and they'd be happy with that, at least.

Why do the things I say always get turned sexual? D:

Though I wouldn't mind if they turned saxual.

Anyway, I wonder how they are going to fit him in. He was in the TV world, so we know he still has his Persona. What did he do, jump in the tv in the lounging room at prison while no one was looking?

Edit: Changed title and OP to basic Persona thread. Will change both to something more clever than what they are later.

I kinda want Adachi to take a backseat in events like Elizabeth did and kinda just watch everyone do their thing. Then come in at the last second and fudge things up.

Adachi will probably be a console-exclusive if he ever becomes playable.

Also, Persona!Sho's title is similar to "The Defaced Dark Messiah."

Okay, that's it. Calling it now. Sho will probably end up...

becoming the next Avatar of Nyx.

Adachi will probably be a console-exclusive if he ever becomes playable.

Also, Persona!Sho's title is similar to "The Defaced Dark Messiah."

Okay, that's it. Calling it now. Sho will probably end up...

becoming the next Avatar of Nyx.
Let the insane Persona WIld Mass Guessing...BEGIN!

He's the reincarnation of Takaya.

Reincarnation was a major plot point in Digital Devil Saga.

Digital Devil Saga had the Demi-Fiend as a bonus boss.

Demi-Fiend confirmed.

kappa

Some crazy people on TVTropes thought there'd be a third sequel with characters from every Persona game, but given that the translation of Ultimax promised it'd be the climax of the G1 Story, that's doubtful.

It's possible, I guess.
But eh, who knows.
After we got three spin-offs I think anything can happen with the Persona Brand at this point

Why do the things I say always get turned sexual? D:
You're just lucky Yukiko isn't around or you'd be in for a face full of slap. :P

Speaking of which, it always disappointed me that with maxed courage, I could never be a lewd asshole. Like, when they're discussing studying for tests, stand on the desk, grab crotch and go "Hey Yukiko! You can go over MY material any time!"
That and knocking out Kanji when we first meet him - "NG+, punk!"
But on a more serious note, I wonder if P5 will allow Social Links to influence the main story (just in minor things, of course) because I always want to punch people in the throat when they start hitting on my waifu. :3

Incidentally, I never did manage to max all Social Links in one run (best I did was all but one - Temperance) but I did read the game is VERY lenient in that regard and it can be done all before December. Meanwhile, P3 (which I never played) is said to be maddeningly hard to max all links in a fresh run.

And then Margaret shows up and everything goes south
Only for us to find out she was doing Theodore's bidding.

Really, I just want Adachi in the game. And Dojima. And Nurse Cougar.

Well, maybe there will be a different justification for people fighting each other if there's ever a threequel.
P4A3 will tie with the dance game's plot line. :3

And no one adds Kazuma Kaneko's name to the persona 5 credit list... or any of these new games i might add. He f***ing created 90% of the demons/personas and now all i see is soejima here and there...

As if it wasn't sad enough that he didn't made the character design on SMT4

Bah! can't understand these guys

its fine. the current design choices are good IMO.

also Kaneko WAS on SMT's staff, but not as a designer.

but I am so hyped to see more information for Persona 5 in the coming year!

If anything I'm looking forward to the soundtrack that will come out of this. Actually, I'm looking forward to the soundtrack in each persona game.

Persona Band is love.

I just want a dubstep remix of the Junes theme.

"Everyday's great at your Junes, nes, nes, nes, DROP THE BEAT"

Although I am sadden that it will not come to the 360, I am glad that there is a continuation of P4A. I am excited for this and P5!

I just hope we can get some SMT/music from before Persona 3 & 4 in there.
As bonus tracks.
You know what else would be sick?
Catherine Bonus Tracks

Oh man, just make this a track and you will practically own part of my paycheck, Atlus:

Dat piano solo, though.

Back