• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Oh yeah, that is a good possibility. That also might mean Sho breaking out the dual sword waltz on you fools.

Someone on NeoGAF suggested Labrys in a Hatsune Miku outfit.

Not sure if want.

Reactions: shoryusatsu999
Someone on NeoGAF suggested Labrys in a Hatsune Miku outfit.

Not sure if want.
Given the company that's making it, I think that's a guarantee...
Plus, atlus IS owned by Sega, who DO own the rights for Miku in games...

My want meters are empty and full at the same time upon hearing this prospect.

Reactions: shoryusatsu999
So, what kinds of people would you guys want to be the playable group in P5?

Seeing as we're returning to high school in P5, I'd like to see the teachers be the ones to get Personas and have the students become social links. Shake up the status quo and what not.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Doubt that'll happen. Though it would be nice to have at least a teacher party member. Have at least one adult among the team.

Oh wow the dance game could possibly be canon lol. Wouldn't be too surprised since Atlus wanted a fighting game to be apart of the RPG storyline.

Confirmed songs so far: “Pursuing My True Self,” “Heaven,” “Reach Out to the Truth,” “Time to Make History,” and “True Story.” which are all P4/P4G tracks.

Hope this song makes the cut

Oh yeah, I totally forgot the prospect of the Persona 4 Animation music. Well then, put these in too:

Seeing as we're returning to high school in P5, I'd like to see the teachers be the ones to get Personas and have the students become social links. Shake up the status quo and what not.

That would be kinda cool to see. I don't know about all of your party being adults, but having one or three in there would shake things up quite a bit.

Yeah I said three, wanna fight about it

P5 looks like it will be a much darker Persona game based on the trailer. You get the feeling it will be a "prison" theme either literally a prison school or perhaps the "prison" is symbolic for the main characters.

Wonder what kind of person the P5 MC will end up being? Honestly hope its not another transfer student cliche.

I honestly want a hierophant to be a part of the main party. Your party grows stronger with the power of feels.

Calling it now: Hero transferred from another prison.

doubt it. Its been confirmed for a high school setting.

*prison school (private school, or something)

My bad.

Oh, just in case no one has seen this yet:

I'm actually digging the concept of what I've read on SIliconera.
They said it'd be about "earning" your freedom, and they want it to feel "Cathartic" when you free yourself or someone.
I'm definitely looking forward to stuff like that if it deals with subjects like paranoia, phobias, or other mental stuff like that

I had to look up what cathartic meant and though Atlus just wanted me to mess my pants. Then I saw another definition and was like "oh, now that makes sense" and put down the money I was gonna use to buy new pair of pants for every day I would be playing P5.

Yeah, it's basically making you feel good or relieved after something frustrating.
Though now I wonder if they'll have a canon name for the Protagonist right off the bat this time.
Or if they'll just call him "Protagonist"

Okay after this I'm gonna force myself to not bring up P4: DAN again so we can talk about other stuff like Q and 5, but these pictures are just too good to not share with you guys.

original2.jpg

original3.jpg

Okay, I swear I'm done.

At least until tomorrow

Reactions: Jutsei and Balder

Would be cool to have a teacher or at least an adult outside the student clique as a party member but I fear the only contribution adults will give will be once again selling weapons to kids without asking questions.

But it's about freakin' time the player party gets a Hanged Man rep. We need a jaded, cynical asshole with a Persona that specializes in status ailments and debuffs.

Also wondering what pantheon they will pick for the main characters this time. Assuming they won't go Greek or Shinto again...

And P4D needs pair dances. Shadow Kanji + Yosuke tango

I have a feeling they'll go for a different mythology reference. Hinduism is probably out though since they already did that in Digital Devil Saga.

Maybe Celtic?

I'd be up for Norse, Native American, or Egyptian Personas for the main cast.

Yukari already took Egyptian, so I dunno. :/

the problem is that a lot of Norse characters are already in SMT games. Thor especially

So were Japanese characters and Greek characters.

Take-Mikazuchi was a pretty common deity in the series until he became Kanji's Persona.

Besides, then we'd have a protagonist with Mighty Thor as his Persona.
That'd be kickass
eh, the only reason I have a problem with it is mainly because I am using Thor really early on in devil survivor... It would just feel weird. XD

Kazuma Kaneko NEEDS to work on more demons

maybe he needs more recognizement: people are forgetting that he's one of the most important figures in ATLUS (see the Persona 5 "big names" list, the man that made almost ALL THE DEMONS/PERSONAS/SHADOWS just doesn't appear on the list). or maybe his creativity just died. Would explain people recycling his old designs for almost 20 years.

It is a pity, he's one of the most unique monster artists working on jrpgs (and his human figures are cool too. they look generic because in a world filled with demons, humans are the most bland thing to see)

If he work on more demons, I'd be curious for more african religion deities (Ogum is already there. they could add yoruba, yemanja, Esshu, etc.)

Reactions: Balder
Apparently, there's a secret thing hidden in the P5 teaser that could potentially mean something.

Order the chairs appear, maybe?

Take-Mikazuchi was a pretty common deity in the series until he became Kanji's Persona.
Speaking of which, I just love how Kanji's awakened Persona is ODA FUDGIN' NOBUNAGA.

Verily. But I do see your point. Maybe he's running out of material. I mean, it got to a point where he was just redesigning or adding historical figures like Jeanne d'Arc.
But nonetheless, I'd prefer to see Kaneko redesigns over stuff by the SMTIV artist. Those didn't really click with me.

I'll side with the wishes for Norse pantheon-themed Personas. 2nd place for Egyptian and 3rd for Aztec/Mesoamerican.

Aw I was looking forward to beady eyed empty "everything just don't even exist man" Shadow Teddie. Oh well.

maybe he needs more recognizement: people are forgetting that he's one of the most important figures in ATLUS (see the Persona 5 "big names" list, the man that made almost ALL THE DEMONS/PERSONAS/SHADOWS just doesn't appear on the list). or maybe his creativity just died. Would explain people recycling his old designs for almost 20 years.

It is a pity, he's one of the most unique monster artists working on jrpgs (and his human figures are cool too. they look generic because in a world filled with demons, humans are the most bland thing to see)

If he work on more demons, I'd be curious for more african religion deities (Ogum is already there. they could add yoruba, yemanja, Esshu, etc.)

Unpopular opinion, but I've honestly liked the Persona (as in the characters' personas) designs much more since they handed it off. Kaneko's impressive and contributed tons, but I'm not exactly itching for him to work on actual main character Personas again. Demons and normal stuff is fine, but I'm way more fond of most of the new Persona.

There's a few exceptions, but not many of the P2 ones aged that well for me aesthetically.

Reactions: SanoBaron
Unpopular opinion, but I've honestly liked the Persona (as in the characters' personas) designs much more since they handed it off. Kaneko's impressive and contributed tons, but I'm not exactly itching for him to work on actual main character Personas again. Demons and normal stuff is fine, but I'm way more fond of most of the new Persona.

There's a few exceptions, but not many of the P2 ones aged that well for me aesthetically.
I agree. while Kaneko's old ones are nice, I feel the new Persona designs work better for the more lighthearted real world tone of high school life and dramas.