• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

he's probably gonna be the Kanji of the game.
tanky and lots of physical skills.

hopefully he's not the junpei
forced at the beginning and useless by the end

ruin pls

I'll take the road less traveled and call him the Atsuro of the game.

but yeah he looks like the physical guy
i imagine the Anna or Cat will be the fast or magic one

Anna will probably be the buffer/debuffer. she seems like a speedy character.

Ech, so I started a New Game + file on P3FES, and I had no idea that your player level carries over along with other shit like money. That means that 80% of the game is gonna be a complete cakewalk for my level 81-self while my party members'll be lagging behind... I'm contemplating on restarting on a fresh file or just keep going...

man, you could be level 200 and still not beat Elizabeth without following the rules.

hopefully he's not the junpei
forced at the beginning and useless by the end
Dude, mate, Junpei won me the final boss of P3. It came down to just me, Junpei, and Nyx, so shut it mate before I give ya the bat!

Ryuji is obvs a basic melee unit. I hope they don't make him too similar to Junpei, give him some extra melee usefulness, and all that.

Anna sees like an all-rounder with elemental coverage to me. Maybe some status effects. Makes e think of Junpei's build in Q (which is absolutely OP if you combine it with lullaby and an ability that boosts success of status effects).

The cat...I have absolutely no idea. All I can see is maybe a Fire-element version of Ted that gets some minor healing perks.

Some tutorial videos of P4DAN's gameplay are up (swapped the videos to the english subbed ones)

Also, here is some DLC costumes exclusive to HMV (which I didn't know existed in Japan. Also spoiling for image size):
B_92av6U8AA_SdL.png

p4d_04_cs1w1_960x544.jpg

p4d_03_cs1w1_960x544.jpg

Edit: The costumes reference popular JP convenience store, Lawson (spoiling for image size):
mtbas4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Sorry for double post. Some more info about P4DAN from Famitsu including really dumb explanation why dancing is involved at all:

Shadows are immune to direct attacks in the new world known as the Midnight Stage, so the Investigation Team is required to battle by singing and dancing.

We are fighting shadows I swear!
az3446ns19cyx88sBZtr47QfQ2T1iT5a.jpg

It will feature in-game currency rewarded to players as they progress through the game’s Story Mode. The in-game currency will allow players to purchase new costumes and items.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
why is atlus trying to turn this into a serious story

why does anything persona 4 related try to be serious at this point
it might as well try and just be a joke so that it stops being a joke

I would absolutely love to know how the investigation team figured out that dancing is the key to success.

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
FORCE THAT PLOT

I would absolutely love to know how the investigation team figured out that dancing is the key to success.
well, when you realize that the Yu that says all the crazy shit is the canon Yu, things start making sense.

Scans for Naoto and Yukiko are out.

Naoto + the halloween costume for her
Persona-4-Dancing-Naoto-Scan.jpg

Persona-4-Dancing-Naoto-Cat-Costume-Scan.jpg

Yukiko + the halloween costume for her (Ruin likes thighs right?)
Persona-4-Dancing-Yukiko-Scan.jpg

Persona-4-Dancing-Yukiko-Witch-Costume-Scan.jpg

Page two scan showing Tanaka as the shop NPC, spy costume for Yosuke and Teddie and Kanji's regular outfit from P4
P4D-Famitsu-Scan-2.jpg

Naoto and Yukiko icons for your avatar use if anyone wants them (edit: fixed Yukiko's)
zzAwDIz.png

2gY4pi1.png

Last edited:
That's not Marie though

This isn't even waifutalk, it's like the anti-waifu

Lets be honest, even Marie isn't as bad as Yukiko

No one is as bad as Marie.

Reactions: DDB
if we could extend into other parts of the metaseries i would like to nominate Isabeau

He didn't mean it, Isabeau.

Think about it this way, Marie is basically nothing, but Yukiko is worse then nothing.

exactly.

yukiko is a nobody when you look at her story.

what a disappointment.

if we could extend into other parts of the metaseries i would like to nominate Isabeau
you shut your [dead] god damned mouth about Isabeau.

if we're including the entire metaverse, can I nominate Katherine for worst girl
no.
1. because Catherine is worst.
and
2. that game isn't even SMT, or Persona.

And wow I just made two enemies for life.
(Catherine is best spin-off and Katherine is cute)
fuck yeah! K.McB fo' lyfe!

You guys can keep arguing over your P-Studio stuff. I just started getting into Soul Hackers and Nemissa is best girl.

Gah, SOUL HACKERS! I need to beat you at some point...but many of the design flaws of 4 show their face here, and honestly, some of those puzzle can go die in a hole. The game is also brutal if you don't farm mags. FARM MAGS!

Meanwhile, Yosuke's trailer is out for P4DAN

Side note: Worst girl is Yuzu from Devil Survivor. I haven't played that much of the game yet but having hearing her complain about everything and wanting to go home is really annoying and makes her seem like a weak character.

Yuzu does get annoying, yeah. Devil Survivor 2 has tons of annoying girls, though none as bad as Yuzu. Isabeau is ok to me, mostly cause she's got more to her than the Johnathan and Walter. >_>

EDIT: Also, the persona 4 Jap voices bug me. Yosuke is alright, but I'm so used to fitting Yuri Lowenthal higher pitched voice, but Yu, yu has this downright deep voice that bugs the crap outta me XD. Rise's Jap voice bugs me really bad, too.