• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Sauna remix or riot.

Someone in this thread was asking about P4DAN coming before or after P4AU. The answer is it comes AFTER P4AU so maybe we'll get our dancing toasters after all.

From this month's Persona February magazine, here is the timeline of P4
TXuM5y3.jpg

Edit: also a P4AUltimax manga this spring
P4U2-Manga-Promo.jpg

Reactions: SanoBaron
dancing toasters and serated sword weilding cool guys for DAN or riot.
I'm with ya! Grab the torch and pitchforks!

you say that like Chie's thighs aren't her entire character in DAN

maybe if Mark was in a good Persona game he coulda made the cut.

Mark? We talking P1 cast? When's Nate mate? Shut up, his name is name is and will always be Nate to me.

the real question is

when's ame-no-uzume

why u pointin at me, Kanji? Those shadows over there behind you look like they could use a good chairin'

Oh god. If Kanji never brings out the chair for ANYTHING in DAN, Atlus, You've done something wrong.

There are tits in the background and drug references. M rated Rhythm game confirmed.
Narukami raided Dojima's closet again. Dojima really needs to lock his door.

the real question is

when's ame-no-uzume
Playable Chuey and Alice when? WHEN?! Take Minakata? No? Ok...
Come on guys, we need a Jack Frost and Pyro Jack comedy routine in here somewhere!

I love how they're still using edits of the original portaits. It's totally too much effort to just make something new instead of putting so much edits it basically is something new

They actually had a different thing going originally for story mode.
original.jpg

Somewhere down the line though, the story, gameplay, and models got a reboot. Rise had much more noticeable cleavage before and the gameplay looked much closer to PDF.

Can we get a remix to Catherine's "It's a Golden Show"?
Add that to the list of SMT songs tha NEED to in this...someone is keeping a list right?

Add that to the list of SMT songs tha NEED to in this...someone is keeping a list right?

Yes

They actually had a different thing going originally for story mode.
original.jpg

Somewhere down the line though, the story, gameplay, and models got a reboot. Rise had much more noticeable cleavage before and the gameplay looked much closer to PDF.
This portrait was done when Dingo was still on the project. Apparently there were creative differences between Dingo and Atlus and the latter took over the project at some point. Hence the delay and difference in storytelling and models.

I do wonder what would've happened if Dingo was still on the project though.

Yo is that Armin next to her
Guess he got tired of all his universe's denizens dying huh

wow, I didn't even know they got Virtue's Last Reward characters in this game
it's great to see Phi (second to the left) in this, but who we really want is Tenmyouji.

H-how can you all tell who those are? And wouldn't the Kitchen group be a bunch of idols or something? I couldn't see Mituru doing something like that...

Nah man.
KK is full of cameo characters.
didn't you get that thing I sent'cha?

Ah, ok. I got it now. Night time stupidity at it's finest.

The Mainline SMT series got a spinoff called "Shin Megami Tensei: if..." which is the predecessor to the Persona games. It takes place in a hypothetical reality where Tokyo doesn't get wrecked in SMT 1.

The persona franchise is a different series because it focuses on jungian psychology and a more character driven narrative than (the then) SMT mainline series.

The thing that gets me about the old SMT games is that despite having pretty basic plots they are surprisingly good at telling their narratives. SMTII is pretty heavy with it's themes and I really with Atlus would give it a chance.

Also, first time hearing that AG has a chaos bias, care to elaborate?

i second the chaos bias question (IIRC, THE DEVELOPERS have a chaos bias... Seriously, God always seems like a major moron on these games).

About SMT2, If memory still serves me right, it plays with ideas like determinism, übermensch and desperate measures to a level never seen in a SNes RPG before.

Wish my saves didn't died some years ago with the old pc... starting these games over is painful

i second the chaos bias question (IIRC, THE DEVELOPERS have a chaos bias... Seriously, God always seems like a major moron on these games).
well, he is kinda dead.

That's interesting if the developers have a bias towards chaos since I usually think that most Megaten games are geared towards the Neutral paths. They give you the most fights and generally explores more of the games themes.

About SMT2, If memory still serves me right, it plays with ideas like determinism, übermensch and desperate measures to a level never seen in a SNes RPG before.
And sadly we probably will never see an Atlus RPG that deals with such heavy themes again. If the censorship they did to the Innocent Sin PSP remake is any indication, Atlus isn't going as "in your face" with their themes as they used too.

well, he is kinda dead.
Eh, he'll be back once humanity starts needing someone to save them again. He'll always be back.

darn i was late to make my "if you can't the heat, get out of the Eikitchen" joke