• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

I bet that's where the next trailer will be released.

I hope we find out who this fellow is
painter.png

Pepsimangb is streaming the big Atlus thing on Twitch right now

Also the Velvet twins have talked for the first time:

I don't even know what she is saying and I already like the first one who speaks

You know a game is good when the text boxes look great whoooo wee what has Atlus been cooking up for us this time

Oh wow the text boxes look even better. This teaser would probably be a lot better if I knew Japanese, though. Right now it means basically nothing to me.

The release date is pushed to summer 2016. They said the development is going well but they want to take more time to polish some gameplay things, apparently. PS3/PS4, if that wasn't already known.
The trailer looked so good, I need this right now. The city looks so great.

That trailer was amazing
A bit jiggly at the beginning, tho

Delayed until Summer 2016
Ehhhh well that 'ol phrase: "Better a good and delayed game than a rushed and bad one" or whatever
At least I have Lost Dimension, Legend of Legacy, and DAN to keep my Atlus groove going until then

Last edited:
Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
Is that all of the P5 content we're getting today? I need to leave the stream soon.

We're going to Egypt!

Is Morgana's persona Zorro? Guess that means persona's are based off of Vigilantes of myth and legend?

Looks like painter guy from last trailer is not only our 5th party member, but also the fox-masked character from the reveal trailer. Kinda sucks about the delay though.

A lot of the new activities in the daily life really strikes me as Yakuza-esqe, especially with that huge city you're walking around in. Just with a lot less fights being thrown at you

I had a gut feeling it would be delayed but so far from what the trailer has shown im getting really excited for this. Seems like the tone of the game is going to be be a mix of persona 3's darker tone and persona 4's goofiness.

I'll wait as long as it takes. This game continues to shatter my expectations. I am so unbelievably hard right now.

Man, I don't even care about the wait! Already trying to make my way through my backlog plus some other games this year.

Still looks great. After this I'll probably try not to watch any more trailers to build up the hype.

And I really hope when they say summer they release it like in June or even May.

Reactions: shoryusatsu999
Can we please fry Atlus USA now? I'm so sick of their trash. I'm perfectly fine with the game being "delayed", as I assumed it wasn't coming out until at least summer but they get away with far too much shit.

At least the game looks really interesting and actually different from the 3/4 formula, regardless on how anyone feels about 3/4 I think we can agree that actually interesting changes is for the better.

Did you miss the part where that conflicts with nothing that I said?

Hardin is at fault for making those statements as are the staff for incompetent localizations.

A BAD GAME IS BAD FOREVER A DELAYED GAME IS EVENTUALLY GOOD SO SSSHHHHHH

AND BY THAT LOGIC P5 IS GONNA BE DA BEST GAME EVER

Also Hardin was probably just acting as a mouthpiece for whatever Japan wanted them to tell America. Blame them.

Hardin is currently on the receiving end of an avatar bet on NeoGAF regarding this whole thing so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I can't believe people still say this after how many times it has fallen through.

And I'm confused to why this and
The entire game got delayed to Summer 2016, they're touching up the gameplay, Atlus USA isn't at fault at all.

were even posted when I said I had no problem with the game being "delayed" because I knew it wasn't coming out this year anyway, I don't even work at Atlus and I've been saying that for months.

What I said literally has nothing to do with the game's release date in terms of the game releasing, why are you acting like I have a problem with the release schedule?

Also Hardin was probably just acting as a mouthpiece for whatever Japan wanted them to tell America. Blame them.
Considering some of the things Hardin has said in the past I really doubt he is innocent, and he just repeated this a week or so ago, there is no way Japan was telling him it was still coming out this year, you don't suddenly delay the game right before it goes gold, that's not how game development works.

What I said literally has nothing to do with the game's release date in terms of the game releasing, why are you acting like I have a problem with the release schedule?

Because you sound like a salted pretzel :y

Because you sound like a salted pretzel :y
I will admit I'm in a bad mood and it's certainly showing, but Atlus USA have proven to be trash multiple times and this is just another example.

But that still doesn't make sense of why you are arguing with me about a delay being justified, as said I've been saying for months it wasn't this year, and I'm perfectly fine with them taking the time to polish it, I can wait, the game looks awesome and if they need more time to make it what they want then they should have it. This has nothing to do with that.

AND BY THAT LOGIC P5 IS GONNA BE DA BEST GAME EVER

Duke Nuken Forever...

Reactions: Aden
Are we really going to use that example with a game that has only been officially delayed twice
I thought he was stating that a delayed game isn't necessarily eventually good, your interpretation is super paranoid though, I agree.

Though so was bringing up that quote in the first place, but whatever.

Persona 5 will steal the show, don't worry guys

Subbed quicker than a marine at sea

Looking forward to stealing "all there is" to people
I wonder if that means we're the bad guys from one perspective

Reactions: BeatNinja
So our Persona's look like
MC: Arsene Lupin
Morgana: Zoro
Skull Mask: Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Fox Mask: Ishikawa Goemon
Catsuit: (Unknown)

Not too up on my aristocrat or Victorian era thieves so does anyone have any clue as to who her persona is?

So Lelouch Vi Britannia and Light Yagami have finally teamed up together.

Sir, another report for you. Sorry I was late, a cat with a scarf tripped me and I split my coffee.

image.jpg

The subbed trailer has a copyright strike, has anyone else subbed it?
Also, it seems my fears for the blonde male being Kanji 2 are becoming true. Anne's legs do not look right in her art, by the way.

I have only one big worry for this game right now- that they make this game too needlessly edgy. Yes, I'd love it if they made it darker, but I don't want them to make it edgy. The trailers worry me of that a bit.
Edit: Oh wow I just noticed their profiles are written like police reports. That is such a nice touch, stuff like this is great.

Hmmmmmmmph this entire series is about things not being what they seem on the outside don't let scary assumptions set in your mind, k

Ryuji doesn't seem to be dyeing his hair and is actually a delinquent ("frequent rough words and deeds") and not a secret cinnamon roll (not a bad thing) from the profile reading
Anne is secretive and white, but that's all we got

Kanji didn't invent the thug lyfe
Lisa didn't invent being white

I was expecting Anne being biracial and the isolation from not feeling apart of either community to be a factor in her story and potentially the reason why she may be (or just be considered as) a delinquent/ detached from her schoolmates.
Perhaps with her persona resembling a western aristocratic type, I'm reminded of Soejima's notes in the Persona 4 design works, where he states that the chandelier, western 'princess' costume and other western stylings of Shadow Yukiko symbolises how she doesn't feel like traditional Japanese fashions and lifestyle represent her, and she's romanticizing the other.

Furthermore, has anyone noticed they have yellow eyes as they summon. In the first trailer, when MC summons, I assumed this was actually his shadow self, changing form to boss mode. But could it be that their persona's are actually born not from accepting their shadows, but fully embracing them? All the revealed personas so far look pretty typically evil (maybe not so much Anne's and Zorro, but Arsene and Crossbones Jones deffo). And given that they are 'thieves' who aren't your typical Persona protags according to the devs, I think it's possible that these persona's are actually shadows.

Aaaaalso, towards the end of the trailer we see the MC summon, but without yellow eyes, and without blood on his face under his mask. I initially thought that this takes place after gaining his ultimate persona, which would come about from confronting shadow selves instead of enabling their negative attributes. However, we can see Arsene behind him an there aren't any noticeable visual upgrades so perhaps not.

Edit: So having American grandparentage might not be technically the same as being biracial idk. Mixed Heritage i mean