• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Dont'cha mean Megidolaon cute? Also, it seems that Atlus USA is trying to avoid region-locking P4AU.

ku-xlarge.gif

Last edited:
I bet we'll be blue balled with NPC Adachi.
I saw the story mode and Adachi's sprite is terrible, NO frames of animation, there's no way he's playable.

Last edited:
On the bright side, PROBABLY MINATO.

Are we really gonna start this shit again?
I hope we do, I hope your side burns.

And to everyone who says that negotiations are bullshit:

How, HOW HOW is "SHUFFLE" better that Negotiations?

With Negotiations, if I know what I'm doing I know exactly what I'm going to get, because it follows a formula.

With Shuffle, I can do the same thing 1000 different times and get 1000 different results, like if I want a Demon for a fusion.

Negotiations=Slow but formulaic.

Shuffle=Quick but random.

Last edited:
Reactions: DDB
FUCK IT, you can even get PUNISHED for choosing the wrong Shuffle card.

If I get punished by a demon, I can at least log that into my brain not to do that again because the demon doesn't like it.

With Shuffle, I just have to avoid the goddamn card spin, then we get into bullshit DOUBLE spins.

If after the battle, they just threw up your rewards and said "pick one", I wouldn't be so mad, but they turn you getting the persona you need or reward you want or TAKING DAMAGE into a fucking back alley cardshark game.

I'm gonna leave a link to my post on the rant thread.

http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/rant-thread-reborn.314/page-7#post-66216

also, here's what you do iLoli, dont get the wrong card. plain and simple. you want the Persona card that they're offering? pay attention to that card specifically.

also, the negotiations don't give you a persona, they give you INGREDIENTS YOU CAN'T USE!

also, the personas you get from shuffle can be made with persona you get before getting that shuffle chance. I could make a nekomata BEFORE I even have the nekomata shuffle chance. I can make angel BEFORE I get the chance to win Angel at the shuffle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Allow me, everyone.

I hope we do, I hope your side burns.

And to everyone who says that negotiations are bullshit:

How, HOW HOW is "SHUFFLE" better that Negotiations?

With Negotiations, if I know what I'm doing I know exactly what I'm going to get, because it follows a formula.

With Shuffle, I can do the same thing 1000 different times and get 1000 different results, like if I want a Demon for a fusion.

Negotiations=Slow but formulaic.

Shuffle=Quick but random.

The cards show you what they are before they shuffle. If you follow the cards, you can get the one you want without guessing.

FUCK IT, you can even get PUNISHED for choosing the wrong Shuffle card.

If I get punished by a demon, I can at least log that into my brain not to do that again because the demon doesn't like it.

With Shuffle, I just have to avoid the goddamn card spin, then we get into bullshit DOUBLE spins.

If after the battle, they just threw up your rewards and said "pick one", I wouldn't be so mad, but they turn you getting the persona you need or reward you want or TAKING DAMAGE into a fucking back alley cardshark game.

Sure, you can get punished, but you should watch the cards closely so you don't mess it up. just like watching your opponent in fighting games so you don't get hit
You...contradict yourself. You can avoid the regular spin, and, assuming you don't avoid and get the card you want, you can also avoid the double spin (it gives you the option).

The rest of that is your personal opinion, so I won't debate ya on it.

If you have trouble following the cards here's some tips:
-If they go over each other, they have switched positions
-If they combine, they are now one card and when they separate again, they are the same as they were from left to right before they fused
-(this one gives me the most trouble, personally) When the cards fly off the screen, they come back down in order from left to right depending on the order they rose in. Look closely and you can see that some rise before others do

The game combines these patterns and it get tricky sometimes, but it just takes practice to get used to.

Anyway, here's some P1/P2 peace offering art.

I'm gonna leave a link to my post on the rant thread.

http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/rant-thread-reborn.314/page-7#post-66216

also, here's what you do iLoli, dont get the wrong card. plain and simple. you want the Persona card that they're offering? pay attention to that card specifically.

also, the negotiations don't give you a persona, they give you INGREDIENTS YOU CAN'T USE!

also, the demons you get from shuffle can be made with demons you get before getting that shuffle chance. I could make a nekomata BEFORE I even have the nekomata shuffle chance. I can make angel BEFORE I get the chance to win Angel at the shuffle.
wut.

You get the spell card from a demon, you fuse the spell card with another card, that's not a big deal.

Your answer to me not being able to see the card is "get over it"?

Seriously?

DO YOU SEE THIS?

Even Atlus acknowledged it was bullshit.

How about WHEN YOU DON"T EVEN GET ANYTHING? Shuffle forces you to choose a reward, either shit you don't want like damage or halving xp, or shit that's moot like a Persona you already have.

Why would I want to "get used" to playing a back alley card shuffle game when there's this.

http://persona1.wikidot.com/contactguide

There a few hiccups here and there but I can follow that thing and pretty much get whatever I want every single time.

Unlike hoping the persona I want shows up, then wading through bullshit to get it.

wut.

You get the spell card from a demon, you fuse the spell card with another card, that's not a big deal.

Your answer to me not being able to see the card is "get over it"?

Seriously?

DO YOU SEE THIS?

Even Atlus acknowledged it was bullshit.

How about WHEN YOU DON"T EVEN GET ANYTHING? Shuffle forces you to choose a reward, either shit you don't want like damage or halving xp, or shit that's moot like a Persona you already have.
but I can't get multiples of that same demon, which means I'm gonna have to find it, negotiate with it, and then go aaaaaaall the way back to the velvet room to make that fusion. and then if theres another fusion I want, rinse and repeat.

and the shit like getting a persona you already have... you mean like negotiating with a demon you already have?

Why would I want to "get used" to playing a back alley card shuffle game when there's this.

http://persona1.wikidot.com/contactguide

There a few hiccups here and there but I can follow that thing and pretty much get whatever I want every single time.

Unlike hoping the persona I want shows up, then wading through bullshit to get it.
well I'm not gonna slog through bullshit first person camera in poorly mapped dungeons and fiddle around with a fucking grid just to find the good parts, WHICH ATLUS ALSO took out in Persona 2, which I say is a vast improvement on Persona 1's mechanics. I'd rather have a risk reward system thats more random than one that isn't fun at all and requires I use a guide to get the best results.

Last edited:

Check that bullshit out.

The first one, I was thinking I would have to timestamp the video, but the literal first one.

Welp

I tried being nice and non-trollish.

I even gave a peace offering.

We're not debating facts anymore, but I'll tell you this. Unless Demon Negotiations return in PQ or P5, it's clear that they are old hat and Atlus doesn't want to return to them. Until that happens, I guess you're just gonna have to

502xe.gif

Slow and formula>>>>>>>>Random Bullshit

I didn't play this rpg for reactions and careful eye movement, I play fighting games for that, I block enough Millia 6k's and Zabel instead overheads and Kunai mixups.

I do enough 2 frame hit confirms and combo adjusting dependent on how a character falls.

If the rest of the game was like this, fine.

But no other part of the game does this to you.

The closest you get is when an enemy tags you, and that's never too bad.

Welp

I tried being nice and non-trollish.

I even gave a peace offering.

We're not debating facts anymore, but I'll tell you this. Unless Demon Negotiations return in PQ or P5, it's clear that they are old hat and Atlus doesn't want to return to them. Until that happens, I guess you're just gonna have to

View attachment 1756
I'm fine, since the golden will probably be the formula they use for now.

Lay them all out and let me know.

I saw people on the comments going "oh the shuffle time is easy mode now".

It should have never been "hard", the hard part should be that battle you just won.

How would people like it if Capcom games get that stupid ass throw damage value calculator from ST?

Where a throw could do anything from 3% of your life to like 20%?

so I heard they're adding in a NEW thing while also keeping the social links stuff for P5. any suggestions on what it could be?

... PERSONA NEGOTIATIONS.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Probably teammate negotiations.

Maybe loosening that shackle?

Or maybe a slight retooling of DEMON NEGOTIATIONS.

"Jiraiya, if you give me that super cool item, I promise to stop calling you 'Disco Ninja Frog', I swear."

Or maybe a slight retooling of DEMON NEGOTIATIONS.

where I can use them in battle?
happy+dance+2.gif

yes please!

anything else though can get the fuck out.

What is the hate towards shuffle time. . . Its totally skippable
because some people are butthurt when people like P3 and P4 over P1 and P2.

and yes, shuffle time isn't really bullshit.

Just want to point out that the NPC Adachi could be a placeholder. I don't think it's going to be like Rise since we know for a fact that he can fight.

Also I'm going to stop by and say that I wouldn't mind demon negotiation if it wasn't decided by an RNG, but it is so uh

I come back from a good night's sleep to more hatedom and arguing?
Fucking seriously guys?
I don't like Negotiation or stuff either but I don't go into full on rant mode.
And I still hope it never ever ever comes into Persona again but I'm not gonna list a full reason of why Persona's current system is dumb.
So can we stop fighting over P1/P2 and P3/P4 at this point?
Because all it's accomplishing is making people look like dicks.

There was a low quality sprite version of Teddie in the arcade mode as well, but he clearly had a playable version too. Too soon to call off playable Adachi yet.

I come back from a good night's sleep to more hatedom and arguing?
Fucking seriously guys?
I don't like Negotiation or stuff either but I don't go into full on rant mode.
And I still hope it never ever ever comes into Persona again but I'm not gonna list a full reason of why Persona's current system is dumb.
So can we stop fighting over P1/P2 and P3/P4 at this point?
Because all it's accomplishing is making people look like dicks.
some personerds just want to watch the world burn.

No no, we want not to burn your dread... We wish you would only reach out to the truth instead of wiping all out. Persona 5 will be the time to make history.

No no, we want not to burn your dread... We wish you would only reach out to the truth instead of wiping all out. Persona 5 will be the time to make history.
p4comic14-1.jpg

But seriously well done pun.

C'mon man. Deep breath, deep breath.

oh, I am calm.

its just that pun is Like a dream come true.

I have A Lone Prayer to stop all these puns.

I'll go have a Youthful Lunch until they cease.

Okay we have got to stop. None of these are funny.

Period.