• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Man, I don't know anything about persona. what would be a good place to start?

Play persona 3 portable... Atlus decided to erase 1 and 2 from collective memory anyway

*sigh*

I would say get persona 3 FES on psn, its the original p3 and the afterstory. P3 portable i think is just the original plus the female main lead can make things kinda confusing if you choose her instead

Nothing confusing, and it uses the persona 4 battle system. (WAAAAAY less frustrating)

true, but i guess i just like the added story, i can live with the old battle system

If you want to catch up with story then play P3 FES > P4/P4G>P4A

You can still play P4A without too much spoilers because the game doesn't go through too much of recounting past events. Another option for P4 is watch the P4 Anime if you don't have too much time because it covers all the vital material and some of the side stuff. P3 FES is the best option because it covers the canon material of the male protagonist and the canon epilogue arc.

Ebten have a special Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth Famitsu DX Pack is up for pre order here (Japanese Version of course):
http://ebten.jp/atlus/p/4984995900919/

It's 10,590 yen (US$106) but it contains:
  • special B5 (9.84 x 9.63 inches) size tapestry drawn by the Persona Q anime staff
  • an A3 (11.7 x 16.5 inches aka close to Tabloid) size clear poster with a secret design
  • five visual clear file folders
  • a Persona Q mug that they’re teasing is in the “motif style of the Velvet Room,”
  • graphig (paper craft aka this
    44f1c5ccb1d39c43079a1123b390547c1379124832_large.jpgp
    ) version of Rei (the new female character
  • Soundtrack CD

There was also a 3DS bundle announced, but nobody knows what that looks like yet.

hell yeah! negotiations are back!

it means enemies will have some personality again!

finally! i was tired of black blobs with a stupid mask

It was a joke.
Negotiations are not back.
And I pray to all mighty God they won't come back.
May Philemon use all his power to never let them back.

edit:

now, I want to make one thing clear: I am okay with demon negotiations if you can use the demons in your party. in Persona games that have negotiations, YOU CANT USE THEM IN YOUR PARTY. its either to get them as ingredients or get ingredients from them. which to me, is bullshit padding. you either use negotiations so you can get the ingredients to make one persona or to negotiate your way out of a battle, which doesnt give you XP. it feels less fun when I can't either muscle my way through a battle or risk getting hurt more by running away. keep the negotiations in SMT where they're welcome in terms of the mechanics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jutsei
gah darned infidels.

you'd rather have a tender moment (bang) the underage school treasurer than get into a phylosophical discussion with the egyptian god of knowledge

Reactions: iLoli and DDB
Magus, dont fucking start this again. check my edited post if you want to know my feelings about the negotiations.

Reactions: Jutsei
Oh yeah sure you had to edit it.

Oh yeah sure you had to edit it.
by "edit" I meant "add a more detailed reason why I don't like it so people don't think I hate it for the story or some shit"

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
you'd rather have a tender moment (bang) the underage school treasurer than get into a phylosophical discussion with the egyptian god of knowledge
Can I also bang the egyptian god knowledge? No buy, otherwise. :3

late on this but I need to keep face.

I don't know, I've never tried the stuff firsthand, only seen it in playthroughs, but everyone I know hates it (save some fellow Persona fan at my school) so it makes me wary to try. But I'll try almost anything once. Now the eventual KanjiXShinjiro fanart that comes of this game...

I haven't been following this thread a lot but did P4U2 revealed the characters from
the shadow operative? I really want to know who they are.

Talking about this one
Shadow_Operatives.png

I'm sure most of you on this thread already have P4A, but a digital copy will be 7.99 for playstation plus members on PSN, the sale will last until Mar.1

So apparently P4AU has a new english trailer on AtlusUSA's youtube channel

I didn't know it was announced on 360 but there it is.

Last edited:
So apparently P4AU has a new english trailer on AtlusUSA's youtube channel

I know it was announced on 360 but there it is.
They also confirmed all four Year of Persona games are coming out for the US too.
Sadly, Persona 5 and Dancing All Night will take until 2015 to release.
But that's expected

Fall for Persona Q?

Count me in!... But where's the english trailer for DANCING ALL NIGHT?

Super stoked in P5.
I'm hoping they release a PQ 3ds.

There's going to be one in Japan apparently, though we don't know what it looks like.

Sorry for double post, but

The only VA they kept was the engrish announcer. Atlus clearly has their priorities straight.

P4U2 confirmed for PS3/360 release. Surprised not an exclusive PS3 release, but I guess enough 360 copies overseas were sold to justify 360 version unlike BB CP. You find out in the description. The English trailer is the same except no voices, but translates the subtitles.

I am SO GOSH DARN HAPPY that Atlus isn't abandoning the 360 with P4AU! A little unfortunate that the localized version isn't titled Ultimax Suplex Hold, but I still more than appreciate that I will get to play it. I am eager to see that title released, along with the others that have been announced... even though I won't be able to play any of them :(

Been reading some disconcerting rumors about region lock making its dubiously triumphant return. Oh well... (・へ・)

Anyway, hopefully the Fall release means they're working on console exclusive Adachi.

I am SO GOSH DARN HAPPY that Atlus isn't abandoning the 360 with P4AU!
Given Arc's less than warm recent actions towards the 360, I can only assume we 360 owners have Atlus to thank for the support.

Or maybe Sega?!

Either way, I'm pretty excited.

:PUN:

I'm pretty sure one of the publishers had to ask Arc to make a 360 version.

considering P5 isn't gonna be on 360 either one could argue that Sega could have been the one to ask for a 360 version.

Sorry for double post, but

The only VA they kept was the engrish announcer. Atlus clearly has their priorities straight.

When I first saw the Jp version, I was going crazy with joy. Now when ever I hear it, all I can think of is that I just want to listen to the Pursuing Your True Self Remix... I want previews of the remixes soon.

Heh. P4AU. Psychotic guessing from the fanbase about alternate universe crap and canonicity confirmed!

telling it now:

they add Minato as DLC and i'll buy it without regrets*

*as long as it costs less than 7 dollars

Reactions: SkullMan and DDB