• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

I knew I wasn't the only one bothered by the character designs in this season. They always felt a little...off. (Also, I don't know why people are always bothered with close-up shots of characters. It's not just Persona, but with JoJo as well. I bet that's just a common thing in with other shows).

l30YMEql.jpg

Looks like Yosuke grew a third hand on his chin..

In any case I felt the video game animation version of the concert sequence was much better and it wasn't because the absence of Marie.

gee its almost like these are cheap cash ins or something

Eh, A-1 Pictures are known to do pretty crappy animations and designs, so I'm not surprised. Why couldn't they get the previous studio to do this?

When's the Arena anime.

I want an episode where Kanji thinks he's dreaming and he confesses to Naoto and saves the day thinking it was a dream.

don't care. they'll fix it on the blu-rays and then aniplex can overcharge for those.

It'd be more likely that Arena would get an OVA. Main plot takes place pretty much over the course of a single day, after all.

In other news, we might Score Attack versions of characters as unlockables, like Unlimited mode in BlazBlue. Check out this screenshot:

tumblr_n9wqd1btqM1r9s07oo3_500.jpg

Not even NaruKAMI can get that kind of damage with that kind of combo normally, and it isn't Golden Arena mode because the other character has a navigator and no skill icons have appeared. Score Attack characters have damage buffs that would explain the added damage neatly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
hello friends

how long did it take you guys to beat p3 and p4? (as in, how many days did it take you)
I want to try and finish both before pq comes out, maybe even when p4a suplex hold does

Both games take a while. Could take 60 or 70 hours or so on an average playthrough for Persona 4, and apparently Persona 3 is even longer.

It'd be more likely that Arena would get an OVA. Main plot takes place pretty much over the course of a single day, after all.

In other news, we might Score Attack versions of characters as unlockables, like Unlimited mode in BlazBlue. Check out this screenshot:

tumblr_n9wqd1btqM1r9s07oo3_500.jpg

Not even NaruKAMI can get that kind of damage with that kind of combo normally, and it isn't Golden Arena mode because the other character has a navigator and no skill icons have appeared. Score Attack characters have damage buffs that would explain the added damage neatly.

So I can play as Hell Mode Yukiko
Or better yet Golden Shoes of the Gods Mode Chie

hello friends
how long did it take you guys to beat p3 and p4? (as in, how many days did it take you)
I want to try and finish both before pq comes out, maybe even when p4a suplex hold does

Hm well
Before Suplex is doable
Before PQ is definitely doable

Just relax and go at an even pace
Play on easy if you just care about the story

Last edited:
hello friends

Just nab P4 and play that first, it's shorter, easier, and an overall better introduction to the series I find. It'll probably take you a month or two to beat if you're diligent enough.

Also, you have my favorite username on this entire site.

Reactions: Gahooglydonks
also, while you're playing, please tell us which characters you are hanging out with

if you pick Chie I S2G...

pick Chie
she's the best romance because she makes Yu a guy that gets really turned on by violence and justice
and who doesn't want a protagonist like that

All other girls are a shit or cockblocks

Honestly any main character choice is fine

Just don't hang with Ai
She is Omega Bitch Tier

Reactions: Gahooglydonks
good
just remember
this isn't souji
this is YU NARUKAMI

Oh back to the waifu talk.

Yukiko was first romance partner and I don't regret it. Also Ai isn't a bitch she actually became quite adorable later on. Worst romance partner will always be the band girl to me with drama girl barely being more tolerable. See I don't even bother remembering their names since I think so little of them lol.

Chie belongs to
Kou Ichijo since he is my basketball bro and I would be his wingman if I could in the game. Yeah that is right the ship most people forgot existed lol. I actually root for him even more after seeing the latest anime episode considering he is willing to cross dress as Rise because Chie asked him to. Which quickly lead to him being emotionally broken when Chie told him he looked good as a girl.

Just nab P4 and play that first, it's shorter, easier, and an overall better introduction to the series I find. It'll probably take you a month or two to beat if you're diligent enough.

Also, you have my favorite username on this entire site.

Quite honestly, P4 isn't really shorter and easier. I Just finished playing P4 last week, and I looked up my log times on both games, and they were about the same length. P4 just seems shorter since things happen over a shorter time period, whereas P3 just has more downtime.

While I did P3 on easy, P4 I did on normal. I felt the former wouldn't have been that much harder on normal, whereas P4 has a few bosses that can give you trouble if you're not prepared.

That said, they're both good, and warrant a playthrough

About Chie

Her and Akihiko are made for each other. I hope her ending in P4A is canon, so they'll have more interactions in the new game

Optimus Prime color alt confirmed with that "roll out" line

Can we agree tha Mara is the best persona.

Reactions: Vote4Pedro
Character Select screen for Dancing All Night

The fuck is that?
We just need Yosuke and we'll be complete.

actually, after 50 hours, i'm on 10/21, trynna start naoto's social link by getting my brave to 5 that way he'll totally know how big my brave is

and just to let you guys know, I'm already a dirty, dirty manwhore. I'm totally cheating on everyone and making them suspicious of me <3

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs

and just to let you guys know, I'm already a dirty, dirty manwhore. I'm totally cheating on everyone and making them suspicious of me <3

Go hard or go home to Nanako and make dinner

Honestly any main character choice is fine

Just don't hang with Ai
She is Omega Bitch Tier
Did you ever level up her Social Link beyond Rank 6 because that quote makes it sound like you didn't.

She's the Moon Arcana for a reason.

Holy crap nine persona cards, is this legit, is this real, does Margaret only fight with personas or something?

I assume that she'll be an extreme version of Elizabeth, who absolutely needs her Persona in order to be competitive.